Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Blizzard wants everyone playing Blood Elf is why.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    You mean, in WoW or IRL? In WoW, every race can get a sex change. In real life, there is a very big amount of people fighting for it where it's forbidden. In either case, I don't get your point.
    Then learn what a comparison is. If people who like hunched orcs want something else added they can suggest that, but straight orcs would get it too so it would just be an endless loop. They've had their hunched backs for 11 years, isn't that reward enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    there is no uproar that goblins and worgen use old tech models, because yes, they have been made with old stuff in mind, yet I don't see screams.

reallly, straight back is not something large. but I see people are finding excuses for blizzard, so yeah, what I said, legit defense team.
    How do you know the amount of hours/money it would take? All armor would need an update, as well as all spells/movements. Its not as simple as the movie 'Hackers" makes it out to be.

Its also not really a very big deal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Thralls had like 3 model updates outside the original, Cata he was still hunchback and then in MoP and WoD he had the straight back. Time to get with the times, its long past due..

That hunchback model was only during beta. Cata launched with straight back Thrall.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    They did say they will add it eventually as an option, Same with Grom/ kargath hairstyles. So maybe in another 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Korga: Hey Gorak do you feel...a bit "off" ever since we drank that demon blood?
    Gorak: Why you say that? I feel good and strong and for some reason really angry at anything that isn't green....like I really don't want them to breathe anymore.
    Korga: Same here but a few weeks ago I had no problem reaching the top weapon rack for my axe but now I find myself grabbing a stool just to reach it....by the way where is your war club?
    Gorak: .....Couldn't reach the top rack....I rather die with no weapon then to be forced to stand on a damn stool!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritsurge View Post
    Other races got updated, imo there's no reason to not give orcs straight backs at this point. Especially with how much Thrall's model has been updated, there's no reason why other green orcs wouldn't look the same.
    A shitload of players would complain if there character suddenly looked and moved differently. Look back at all the complaints that happened when the model revamp happened. At all the people that still complain.

They're not going to dramatically alter the animations of an existing race, and they're not going to implement a toggle or additional customization option for just one race.

Like I said earlier, if it happens, it'll come as part of a larger art project that increases character customization options or allows for subraces.

10+ Year Old Account
    we should give worgen and goblins new models first before altering others
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Then learn what a comparison is. If people who like hunched orcs want something else added they can suggest that, but straight orcs would get it too so it would just be an endless loop. They've had their hunched backs for 11 years, isn't that reward enough?
    Learn to MAKE a comparison.

If they give orcs straight backs, many people will be angry because they don't like them.
    If it's optional, every NON-ORC will be angry because they want more customization too.
    In case you didn't get it: orcs who like the hunches will be angry if there's no option to keep them.
    If there IS an option, people who don't play orcs will be angry because only orcs got a new customization option. Much like if only, say, worgen got that option.

Your comparison would only make sense if I had said ORCS would be angry about getting more options.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is the pity part, Blizzard takes tooooo long to make things happen. They might upgrade animations and things like this, promote the WoW through movie and free games with blu ray but then they leave players playing hunched orcs. One would think they would hurry it up and simply release.
    Well, you have to remember, it was a concept of animations. It wasn't earmarked with a final goal, but a thought of process.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    I sense more subraces and class/race combos showing up rather than new races. But I could easily be totally wrong.
    Well, I'd like to at least get playable ogres and high elves eventually, since those are the legacy Horde/Alliance races. And I'd definitely like to see Ethereals as a neutral playable race at some point.

But, yeah, it seems like there's a strong desire from both players and Chris Robinson to make subraces a thing. I hope it happens sooner rather than later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    All armor would need an update, as well as all spells/movements.
    Animations, yes. Armor, no. As long as the dimensions of the models don't change too dramatically, the helmets, pauldrons, buckles, etc. will still fit them. Everything else is just texture maps that are layered on the model's surface.

Deleted
    How do you know the amount of hours/money it would take? All armor would need an update, as well as all spells/movements. Its not as simple as the movie 'Hackers" makes it out to be.

Its also not really a very big deal at all.
    it is a large deal, considering how many mmos live thanks to cosmeti things. cosmetic things are of great importance and straight back is ripeeee!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

Animations, yes. Armor, no. As long as the dimensions of the models don't change too dramatically, the helmets, pauldrons, buckles, etc. will still fit them. Everything else is just texture maps that are layered on the model's surface.
    Look at the pictures of Thrall posted above. The heads are smaller, among other things. The chest armor would have to be altered because of where the head hole is located. Shoulders and arms are smaller.

- - - Updated - - -

it is a large deal, considering how many mmos live thanks to cosmeti things. cosmetic things are of great importance and straight back is ripeeee!
    I honestly don't know what you're saying a lot of the time. Its not really a large deal. Its certainly not detrimental to gameplay. There might exist a number of players would would prefer it, but that doesn't make it a big deal.

It'd probably piss more people off at this point than anything. Where are all the other races extra cosmetic options? Its also silly to pretend like no customization exists int his game.

The only MMO I can think of that gives two models to one race is FFXIV's humans.

Deleted
    Look at the pictures of Thrall posted above. The heads are smaller, among other things. The chest armor would have to be altered because of where the head hole is located. Shoulders and arms are smaller.

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly don't know what you're saying a lot of the time. Its not really a large deal. Its certainly not detrimental to gameplay. There might exist a number of players would would prefer it, but that doesn't make it a big deal.

It'd probably piss more people off at this point than anything. Where are all the other races extra cosmetic options? Its also silly to pretend like no customization exists int his game.
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    The only MMO I can think of that gives two models to one race is FFXIV's humans.
    it is a big deal. WoW has close to no customization. So few options that it is laughable if not pathetic. I don't see riots because goblins and worgen didn't get their models updated while older races did. and it is important to remembe rthat worgie and gobo were made with an old tech it means no face animations, no fidelity in animations and such horrible things.

and it is not really two models, but one with one difference, posture.

cosmetic things are really important, part of immersion and feeling. for now WoW orcs are really out of shape in comparison with their image in media.

if it was not the case then swtor would sunk long ago, it loves thanks to cosmetic things. not to mention gw2 or eso or any other game.

it is time to stop pretending that cosmetic things are irrelevant, they might be to people who only care about the numbers, but these people are in minority. the rest collects transmogs and want to look cool. orcs would look cool with straight back. simple

it is a big deal. WoW has close to no customization. So few options that it is laughable if not pathetic. I don't see riots because goblins and worgen didn't get their models updated while older races did. and it is important to remembe rthat worgie and gobo were made with an old tech it means no face animations, no fidelity in animations and such horrible things.

and it is not really two models, but one with one difference, posture.

cosmetic things are really important, part of immersion and feeling. for now WoW orcs are really out of shape in comparison with their image in media.

if it was not the case then swtor would sunk long ago, it loves thanks to cosmetic things. not to mention gw2 or eso or any other game.

it is time to stop pretending that cosmetic things are irrelevant, they might be to people who only care about the numbers, but these people are in minority. the rest collects transmogs and want to look cool. orcs would look cool with straight back. simple
    Not irrelevant, but not a big deal either.

Orcs would essentially need 4 different models. One with and one without a hunch for both old, and new models. Thats a lot of work, especially once you add in spells animations and armor that would need a change.

At the start of Legion is just an awful time to do this. It would likely be better to wait until subraces happen. Not only that, but where are my Dwarven changes? My undead ones? Why are orcs so special? Your argument is especially bad because I don't recall Blizzard ever stating this will happen, or will happen by X time. I think one CM mentioned its a cool idea, and thats about it.

Deleted
    Not irrelevant, but not a big deal either.

Orcs would essentially need 4 different models. One with and one without a hunch for both old, and new models. Thats a lot of work, especially once you add in spells animations and armor that would need a change.

At the start of Legion is just an awful time to do this. It would likely be better to wait until subraces happen. Not only that, but where are my Dwarven changes? My undead ones? Why are orcs so special? Your argument is especially bad because I don't recall Blizzard ever stating this will happen, or will happen by X time. I think one CM mentioned its a cool idea, and thats about it.
    they have acknowledged need for it, but silence. why special treatment for orcs? because they were movie stars and now will be tied to it forever. more people know movie lore than game one.

they can skip old models and focus on new ones, people can't keep living in early 2000. anyway, most people now use new models because wow requirements boosted so high that taking oldies is really a no go, no reason for it. definately not aesthetics

Dwarves have the absolute easiest sub races to implement (textures that are already in the game) and they're not in. You're essentially asking for another model entirely for a single race.

I don't see it happening until sub races happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zic View Post
    Dwarves have the absolute easiest sub races to implement (textures that are already in the game) and they're not in. You're essentially asking for another model entirely for a single race.

I don't see it happening until sub races happen.
    it is not a sub race, but a simple straight back. it has nothing to do with sub races and their eventual inclusion. It does not require a new model but alteration to th current one

The truth is that orcs should probably be both. Peons and simpler types should probably have the slouch while the more "noble" types like Thrall have a straight stance. I don't think all orcs should be only one or the other. (so having the option for players to pick wouldn't be bad at all)