Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    seeing as she let everything go in war crimes but still acts like an idiot.
    yes she is going insane.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, maybe it's not really the fact that someone is insane just for being insane that I am missing. I am probably looking more for the character of the people I mentioned in the OP and to a lesser extent Junkrat and Putricide.

Most of the time, when people in WoW become corrupted, either by the Legion or by the Old Gods or whatever force, they basically all react like "Such overwhelming power! Nothing can stop me now!" or become extremely devoted followers that all behave the same. Just look at the Druids of the Flame, the Twilight Hammer, the fel influenced Nightborne or the Cult of the Dammned. They all act like drones, even most of the higher ups and you could probably take anyone from any of those factions and put them in another and you wouldn't see any difference.

So, thinking about it, I am actually missing more villains with a "unique" character, instead of those exchangeable drones we get 99% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Hm, maybe it's not really the fact that someone is insane just for being insane that I am missing. I am probably looking more for the character of the people I mentioned in the OP and to a lesser extent Junkrat and Putricide.

Most of the time, when people in WoW become corrupted, either by the Legion or by the Old Gods or whatever force, they basically all react like "Such overwhelming power! Nothing can stop me now!" or become extremely devoted followers that all behave the same. Just look at the Druids of the Flame, the Twilight Hammer, the fel influenced Nightborne or the Cult of the Dammned. They all act like drones, even most of the higher ups and you could probably take anyone from any of those factions and put them in another and you wouldn't see any difference.

So, thinking about it, I am actually missing more villains with a "unique" character, instead of those exchangeable drones we get 99% of the time.
    Junkrat isn't 'evil', Junkrat and Roadhog are characters that have went through so much tragedy, they essentially just said "fuck it" and went balls deep criminally insane.

Wouldn't it be cool to have a scheming villain but isn't 'corrupted' or 'insane?'

I played Final Fantasy XIV for a bit, and there is an arc where you're pretty much a celebrated hero (like how we are now in Legion) but you get framed in a political incident, leaving you on the run and wanted by authorities. Would be nice to have our character be (wrongly) knocked down a peg, and fight for both the next impending doom (because there's always that) and our reputation, with the 'popular' villain as one of the main antagonist?

Anyways, back on the main topic, aren't Old Gods pretty much that? CMIIW, they were waging war with each other before the Titans started to campaign against them. Just flat out crazy and chaotic.

Isn't that the role of the Void Lords ?

I mean, they are pures chaos and just want to see all creation/good stuff destroyed because reasons.
    "You were surrendering? Why? Because these invaders can break down a wall? You have got another wall... and it's made up of the people who call this place HOME. Any one of us would lay down our life to protect this land. This land, it belongs to us... It belongs to our ancestors... It belongs to our children. And we are not about to let that change."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GerdaroThePandaren View Post
    Isn't that the role of the Void Lords ?

I mean, they are pures chaos and just want to see all creation/good stuff destroyed because reasons.
    Well, the Void Lords aren't technically insane. Unless Blizzard changes that anyways.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

we have Jaina
    Be feared, or be fuel

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have villians with some sort of motive for their actions, however crazy they may be. A villain for the sake of being a villain would be boring imo.

What warcraft needs is the funny mad, not the retarded twats that scream about powa. You know, guys that can interupt night ambush with shouting contest, start picking their nose during a fight or tear you apart with their bare hands.

Or something like the mad uruks from Shadow of Mordor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    What warcraft needs is the funny mad, not the retarded twats that scream about powa. You know, guys that can interupt night ambush with shouting contest, start picking their nose during a fight or tear you apart with their bare hands.

Or something like the mad uruks from Shadow of Mordor.

And I always thought that Nefarian would have been seriously the better Deathwing. He is probably the best insane Character of Warcraft.

He was a very good Character. Intelligent, Insane, Charismatic, Sadistic. When I saw Nefarian in the game, I never got the feeling "muh, Corruption" Deathwing gave us, but more of a Character who is Insane and completly in his mind at the same time. That's how he looked for me, he seemed like someone who destroys and corrupts because he considers it fun or entertainment. The letter we could loot if we failed the Scepter Quest from AQ was great, it showed us: He doesn't even gives a shit if he lives or dies, as long as he can take the whole world with him. I think what makes Characters like Joker and Kefka that disturbing is that they express a very flamboyant, open and positive personality and mood, while openly showing their total lack of empathy or sense. That makes them by far more disturbung than the cold and grim and dark evil Overlord-Type, because they are seriously charismatic. Nefarian was the character catched this style of a character the best.
    Last edited by mmocfbbaf337eb; 2016-10-17 at 05:58 PM.

We need an Obito or a Madara in WoW. You know, a cool guy that manipulates things from behind the scenes and then completely wrecks everything and everyone once he gets into the fray. I hope N'Zoth can kinda fulfill that role.

Well the more closest to a mad mad was Yogg Saron even his brother old gods says it was the madman of the 4, but generally the crazy one antagonist is just for comic relief or never had a good plan and is just a pain in the ass like that gnome from another dimension which cause problems to superman, trickster to flash and discord for my little pony and if they are not incredible op or some super genius this guys are useless at most

We already had a complete nutjob. His name was Deathwing

10+ Year Old Account
    So you want a goblin who took engineering way too serious and probably had too much kaja cola? I doubt our factions would deem that type of threat a serious one but we already got those mad/eccentric/insane types like most of the twilight hammer....those guys are insane because they innately are that way mostly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    We need an Obito or a Madara in WoW. You know, a cool guy that manipulates things from behind the scenes and then completely wrecks everything and everyone once he gets into the fray. I hope N'Zoth can kinda fulfill that role.
    Cool guy factor huh? like Illidan, Arthas, Nefarian....cool collective and wrecks nearly everyone....

Disagree. We need villains who have a plan and motivations beyond "I'm just evil because I'm evil" or "I'm corrupted". Wrathion would make such a good villain, since he has a goal and potentially terrible means of achieving it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Disagree. We need villains who have a plan and motivations beyond "I'm just evil because I'm evil" or "I'm corrupted". Wrathion would make such a good villain, since he has a goal and potentially terrible means of achieving it.
    If Blizz didn't made such a joke out of them, something like the Scarlet Crusade would be also a nice Villain. Some "Utopia justufies the means"-Villain who is more of an Anti-Villain.

7+ Year Old Account
    So you're saying WOW needs this:

Id say we need some insane/mad allies. A joker-like goblin/gnome who solves every problem regardless how small or big with a disproportionate amount of explosives and railguns.

A warlock whos answer to anything is to summon an appropiate demon to "handle it".

Or maybe a mad mage who just love to screw around with everyone (like the trickster in supernatrual) but are powerful enough that he/she is allowed to indulge their hobbies aslong as they show up when the real fight comes.

Id alos like some friendly/neutral npc who is basicly a war profiteer and who is constantly creating conflicts between horde and alliance in order to sell more weapons

WoW needs a moriaty someone who is insanely clever and has evil intentions but he/she is subtle about it and hides the fact they are evil and is not a moustache twirling villain.

TBH i always like the idea that the Naaru are actually the most evil beings in the universe and that we find out from sageras that we have been played all along and its actually they who control the burning legion not sargeras you know something completely out of left field but i dont think blizz writers are capable of pulling off a huge shocker like that instead we just get har har generic evil man with no subtlety what so ever.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2016-10-18 at 12:29 AM.