Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    well... WTF was that tweet of his about? If not Diablo then something else worthy of hype?
    It could be misdirection. How can he be an "advisor for a game that pushes the [Diablo] genre to new heights" when the game isn't actually a Diablo game? If the company he's advising for isn't Blizzard, I guess that would make sense.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    It could be misdirection. How can he be an "advisor for a game that pushes the [Diablo] genre to new heights" when the game isn't actually a Diablo game? If the company he's advising for isn't Blizzard, I guess that would make sense.
    Maybe a new Torchlight game is coming.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Maybe a new Torchlight game is coming.
    Runic Games is in the middle of developing Hob though. Brevik's tweets just don't make any sense when put together.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Runic Games is in the middle of developing Hob though. Brevik's tweets just don't make any sense when put together.
    Well, hopefully he's just putting an image up of not knowing anything Diablo related and not just being involved with it from just a historical perspective. If that's all he hinted at or something. Well, that's disappointing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I want (a good, back to Diablo-style game) D4, but we'll probably just get another D3 boring expac. meh...

Because he says "Diablo-like" and not "Diablo"

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Lol. I suppose some people are just so used to old gameplay structures it's hard to come out with something new.

Disclaimer: D2 is an awesome game, batter trhan D3 in certain aspects and PoE is insanely fun for people who like character customization to the max.

Point is, PoE is a niche game (while being awesome) and D2 gameplay hasn't aged really well; most people miss the good times they had with it, not the product itself. If a game like that shipped into the market lots of people will buy it because DIABLO then complain how hard is to grind out everything.

Games have changed and players too. I'd be happier to see a true evolution of the game instead of an half-assed remake of something old. I want new and different things - if i want to play D2 i play D2 and not expect a D2HD remake for playing it (though i would love that).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    Diablo 2 remastered, a new expansion for D3 plus a hearthstone adventure spin-off based on the Diablo franchise.
    Hmmmm, given how Blizzard loves tie-ins...

Hearthstone would still primarily be Heroes of Warcraft, but I can totally see an adventure like: "Hello, my name is Khadgar and-- whoopsie, I've opened a portal and nightmarish creatures are coming out of it! They seem to be unlike anything I've ever seen! Please help us, champion!

Well, we knew Brevik wasn't going to join Blizzard and since the anniversary party was announced, it was obvious it was more about a video interview or something.
    I still think David is riding a bit too much on his legacy, he knew his tweet would bring noise and now he is going to be an advisor for PoE... What kind of job is that?
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    Well, we knew Brevik wasn't going to join Blizzard and since the anniversary party was announced, it was obvious it was more about a video interview or something.
    I still think David is riding a bit too much on his legacy, he knew his tweet would bring noise and now he is going to be an advisor for PoE... What kind of job is that?
    According to the lead dev of PoE, Brevik is going to oversee the Chinese launch of the game with Tencent.

This news however, hasn't gone over too well with the guys on PoE's subreddit. Most were hoping he joined to work on the global version of PoE.

Also, Tencent has a horrible reputation. People are worried that, if the pay2win 'Gacha' system (which Tencent will most likely implement) does well, it might make it's way to the global version of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Lol. I suppose some people are just so used to old gameplay structures it's hard to come out with something new.

Disclaimer: D2 is an awesome game, batter trhan D3 in certain aspects and PoE is insanely fun for people who like character customization to the max.

Point is, PoE is a niche game (while being awesome) and D2 gameplay hasn't aged really well; most people miss the good times they had with it, not the product itself. If a game like that shipped into the market lots of people will buy it because DIABLO then complain how hard is to grind out everything.

Games have changed and players too. I'd be happier to see a true evolution of the game instead of an half-assed remake of something old. I want new and different things - if i want to play D2 i play D2 and not expect a D2HD remake for playing it (though i would love that).
    D2 is put on this cosmic pedestal that boggles the mind. I respect what it's done to be sure but man it's not godly.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    D2 is put on this cosmic pedestal that boggles the mind. I respect what it's done to be sure but man it's not godly.
    It was godly. Compared to what we had at the time. Some things are definitely still worth, but the whole game has aged and a new game with that structure would face a lot of criticism imho.

If it wasn't clear, i agree with you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    Hmmmm, given how Blizzard loves tie-ins...

Hearthstone would still primarily be Heroes of Warcraft, but I can totally see an adventure like: "Hello, my name is Khadgar and-- whoopsie, I've opened a portal and nightmarish creatures are coming out of it! They seem to be unlike anything I've ever seen! Please help us, champion!
    Yeah, I was thinking pretty much the same. I would love to play that honestly!

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Disclaimer: D2 is an awesome game
    But it is not. 100% games in D2 are bots, and 90% of players are hackers/dupers. There is also RMT abound.
    So basically you have to pay for the game and the expansion to play online, but it not worth it due to the scum who occupies the servers. What's awesome about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    But it is not. 100% games in D2 are bots, and 90% of players are hackers/dupers. There is also RMT abound.
    So basically you have to pay for the game and the expansion to play online, but it not worth it due to the scum who occupies the servers. What's awesome about that?
    That i played only self found and mostly solo, so everyone botting/duping didn't affect me - i had awesome times for straight 9 years. It's actually incredibly strange that an economy system dominated by bot/duping and third party sites is praised as one of the best features ever.

I don't mind a trading system - but it needs to be implemented really good with an itemization system that supports it without making it either mandatory or useless. But i ultimately think that i don't need trading to enjoy a game like Diablo.

I don't mind trading either, but how it was done in D3 was too intrusive to gameplay and itemization but with RoS we went to the other extreme and now we are spoonfed gear.

The difference in D2 and PoE is that gear is an augument for the build and spells you chose in a talent tree but your character doesn't feel like a gimp compared to D3. I played D2 and PoE without ever going to trade and i can still level up and clear higher difficulties, maybe slower than traders but the stuff i find is good enough to have fun... not something i could say about D3 Vanilla.... :S
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Are you seriously complaining about a game that cost $10 and has no monthly fee? D2 had plenty of that when it was in it's prime as well, hell I even used a map hack back in the day for SnG's. You can also just play single player and get the same experience, or playing solo online and get the same experience.

"Blizzcon will be really cool this year".

Frost zombie D3 expansion

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Are you seriously complaining about a game that cost $10 and has no monthly fee? D2 had plenty of that when it was in it's prime as well, hell I even used a map hack back in the day for SnG's. You can also just play single player and get the same experience, or playing solo online and get the same experience.
    MousePad's Map Hack was amazing.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.