Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    As a pally you have chance to apply as either holy or prot, which are both valid options for M+. While Im not getting invite on every group with wlock even at 867, on DH Ive been doing M+ from 830 or so in pugs...
    No, my pally is a ret pally. I don't play neither holy nor prot...nor should I have to in order to enjoy the game. The core issue here is the design with a timed requirement that pushes some classes far ahead.

Hell even Blizzard them self know this yet seem utterly ignorant of the fact at the same time. From the QnA...

All specs can't have strong and consistent AoE. The team wants there to be areas of strength and weakness.
    Yet they know...

AoE is emphasized in quick farming runs, especially when people were clearing dungeons before raids opened.
    And they state...

It doesn't matter if you and your spec are good if the community perceives your spec as being bad, as it makes it hard to get a group.
    Now going back to the first quote, if a spec has or is perceived to have bad AOE they will have a hard time finding groups yet this is by design as there should be strengths and weaknesses...basically Blizzard is designing some speccs to have a hard time getting mythic+ groups.

This is the sole reason I'm getting fed up with this expansion already which is kinda sad as otherwise it's a pretty good one.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2016-10-17 at 12:21 PM.

Last night after getting a totally shitty neck drop from HC boss I thought "well, it's crap, gives me absolutely no dps, AMR would go haywire if I even asked. Also, I'd have to pay another 20k just to enchant this shit. But damn, more ilvl, I'll get invs to M+ a lot more often...".

Okay, now that's some Old God whispers in my head. N'Zoth confirmed as the last boss of this expansion, commanding an army of ilvl starved players with promises of legendary actually dropping.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Legion leveling is only around 7 hours if I slack
    Bullshit, it takes at least 7 hours if totally rushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    go through a normal mythic with my guild, get a +2boost, get a +5 boost.
    Exploiting your guild is not a valid way to get gear, and also reveals the fact that you lied by claiming you did it all alone.

Your way was highly unconventional and not viable for most others.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post

Exploiting your guild is not a valid way to get gear, and also reveals the fact that you lied by claiming you did it all alone.

You should try reading. He only did a normal mythic dungeon with his guild, the mythic+ boosts was not from his guild.

Deleted
    You are picking people at random. One has 850 ilvl and one has 860. Both have an equal chance of being bad ofc you pick the higher ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post

I think I found the issue here. If you can't follow a few lines on a forum, there's no way you can read what your skills do and understand how to use them.

It took me around 6 hours played when legion launched(went to sleep for a few hours in the middle of leveling and I was still the 2nd person in my guild to level).

I specified that only the normal mythic was with my guild, mainly because someone else had an alt and we were on discord. The +2 and +5 were boosting groups from the group finder, and trust me, they are more than willing to boost through a normal mythic first since something like MoS takes ~10 minutes.

But just to make everyone happy, I'm leveling a priest, a shadow priest. I'll just record my "journey" at level 110. A dps and one of the most hated by the community specs in game for mythic groups, even stated by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I am disgusted by all the comments like:

Join a guild.
    Make new friends.
    Make your own group.

These should NOT be requirements to enjoy and fully play the game. Brainless leaders make groups and ask for insane ilvl, that is the only problem here.
    Me and 3 IRL friends all run Mythic+ together. We always need to PUG the 5th DPS spot and we never, not once, have ever set a minimum ilvl. We'll take anyone since we already have one ranged and one melee. Here you come along at a reasonable ilvl, someone we'd be more than happy to take. What you can't see, though, is that along with you with your perfectly fine ilvl, there are 4 people with not only higher ilvl, but they're on a FotM class.

Now ask yourself what I should do in my situation. I'm not declining you because there's anything wrong with you, your class, your ilvl, etc. I'm declining you because there are 4 better options immediately available to me.

Honestly for mythic+ if groups had a dedicated voice chat to join it wouldn't be so bad. They kinda require a certain level of communication.

This is why I'm ultimately against the group finder system.

Before group finder, people had to recruit pugs from their own realm, so they had to vet players by talking to them, armorying them, looking at their guild, etc. And you had less people to choose from, so you couldn't just pick people with higher ilvl than yours to carry you. You could try, but you wouldn't be able to get very many people who outgear the content. You had to just do the content with the gear it was designed to be done with. And it was fun (think AQ20, ZA, ZG, Kara, ToC)

I had a much easier time finding pug raids before group finder.

Group finder for raids in its current form is effectively a Raiding Guild Alt Run finder, by raiding guilds, for raiding guilds. You need the achieve from a guild (from outside the system) before you can really use this system.

Mythic dungeons, same thing. Raiding guilds finding other raid guild members to farm legendaries. If you need the gear from the content, you can't come because that's slow. Again, group finder mostly only helps raid guilds, which seems backwards. Maybe I'm incorrect about the intention of group finder.

Of course, group finder kinda benefits people on low-pop servers by giving them a bigger pool to choose from. As long as dead realms are around, I'm sure group finder will never go away.
    Over on well populated servers, we were fine without it. It screwed things up for us, IMO. It's a bandaid for the problem of dead realms and it sacrificed a nice part of the game that I really liked (pugging raids in trade chat)

Group finder has some upsides, but it's mostly bad from my perspective. Then again, I've always played on well populated realms.

Would much rather see a solution to dead realms than to see group finder stay in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    Does this seem like the average to you? 99% of the groups i apply for in group finder i am declined, on my 851 balance druid or my 854 WW.

quite discouraging
    Having the same issues and it's more common than you think. Due to peoples idiocy and following sims rather than reality, we druids are getting the axe when it comes to joining raids/mythics. You're not alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarEclipse View Post
    Having the same issues and it's more common than you think. Due to peoples idiocy and following sims rather than reality, we druids are getting the axe when it comes to joining raids/mythics. You're not alone.
    That blows. Im guessing thats for balance? In resto and i heal fine. We take a baller ass balance druid sometimes as well. Hes a rl buddy mind you.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    That blows. Im guessing thats for balance? In resto and i heal fine. We take a baller ass balance druid sometimes as well. Hes a rl buddy mind you.
    Balance right now seems to struggling and I'm not just saying that because I feel like that. I've head it over and over again and while having asked for advice from many, I'm continously told "Balance is in a bad spot" - for me it's the absolute need of haste and I lack that so my DPS can alternate from doing just 200k to 130k, depending on the fight. I'm currently 849, so I'm no pro raider or anything like that. But I've done Normal and it became crystal clear I was not meant to do this again. In fights where I have to move a lot, I get just above 130k, pushing it to 150k if I manage to avoid shit and still spit out a few spells out of pure luck. On fights where I can get a few seconds without having to move, I can get to 170k easy, 200k if I have enough time.

Casting times being the problem.

To add to the issues, since I started leveling in Legion, I've gotten gear with versatility 8/10 times and even my class hall set has close to no haste on it. I might be stupid and missing the point, but when your spec is so dependent on haste, why add it to only 2 items on the class hall set? I just don't get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarEclipse View Post
    Balance right now seems to struggling and I'm not just saying that because I feel like that. I've head it over and over again and while having asked for advice from many, I'm continously told "Balance is in a bad spot" - for me it's the absolute need of haste and I lack that so my DPS can alternate from doing just 200k to 130k, depending on the fight. I'm currently 849, so I'm no pro raider or anything like that. But I've done Normal and it became crystal clear I was not meant to do this again. In fights where I have to move a lot, I get just above 130k, pushing it to 150k if I manage to avoid shit and still spit out a few spells out of pure luck. On fights where I can get a few seconds without having to move, I can get to 170k easy, 200k if I have enough time.

Casting times being the problem.

To add to the issues, since I started leveling in Legion, I've gotten gear with versatility 8/10 times and even my class hall set has close to no haste on it. I might be stupid and missing the point, but when your spec is so dependent on haste, why add it to only 2 items on the class hall set? I just don't get it.
    I hear dat. Ursoc trinket for resto dropped. Great proc. Versatility as the stat....no reforge! Enjoy...
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I hear dat. Ursoc trinket for resto dropped. Great proc. Versatility as the stat....no reforge! Enjoy...
    See, why would they remove it? I remember them saying they wanted to give the player more freedom, but when they removed reforging, they removed one of the freedoms we enjoyed and needed. I played Disc before and I loved to control how much spirit I had. Some chose to have less, favored other strengths of the spec and others like me stacked it to avoid running out. Now you're forced to choose between a lower ilvl or low stats.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Straight face by default.

Anyway, it is still my group and my criteria and I want to do it as fast as possible. Since there were no guildies available, my only option is pugging.

I won't accept anyone which I deem below the standard I set. You can come to the forums complain I didn't invite you but at the end of the day I'm the one who pugged m10 and you're here trying to leech your way into another group.

I repeat, you are NOT entitled to my group.

And yes, I'm elitist like that.
    There is a fine line between elitist and tool.

Who are those foolish 1% who accepted you?

This has been the life of DPS for quite some time now, hell I'd say since WoTLK. Back in Vanilla and TBC I could give a squat about your gear, I cared about your awareness and resourcefulness to CC, not pull extra, re-CC, kite, etc.

Now it's all about who can blow the biggest DPS wad, the better your gear the more likely you can do high damage. I have very little patience for low DPS, if your barely beating the tank or healer....why are you even here?

I don't have as much time to play as I used to, but what I have always done is Tank and DPS on my Warrior. Very often I will get into pugs as a tank with a lower ilvl and use the gear I acquire for DPS. Because once again DPS is all about the numbers you can put out, people will make exceptions for tanks and healers.

My advice is....you have a Monk and Druid, start healing to get into pugs, don't like healing? Then tank, I mean seriously tanking these days is just DPSing only your infront of the mob and have a bit more responsibility. Once your ilvl get's high enough people will invite you as DPS.

Otherwise join a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    This has been the life of DPS for quite some time now, hell I'd say since WoTLK. Back in Vanilla and TBC I could give a squat about your gear, I cared about your awareness and resourcefulness to CC, not pull extra, re-CC, kite, etc.

Now it's all about who can blow the biggest DPS wad, the better your gear the more likely you can do high damage. I have very little patience for low DPS, if your barely beating the tank or healer....why are you even here?

I don't have as much time to play as I used to, but what I have always done is Tank and DPS on my Warrior. Very often I will get into pugs as a tank with a lower ilvl and use the gear I acquire for DPS. Because once again DPS is all about the numbers you can put out, people will make exceptions for tanks and healers.

My advice is....you have a Monk and Druid, start healing to get into pugs, don't like healing? Then tank, I mean seriously tanking these days is just DPSing only your infront of the mob and have a bit more responsibility. Once your ilvl get's high enough people will invite you as DPS.

Otherwise join a guild.
    I agree that it's been a problem for some time now, but I think Legion has actually made it worse. Why? Artifact power grinding and RNG gear. Now more than ever people with crazy gear have a reason to do lower level content. I have an 856 ilvl monk but I get typically beat out by 870+ DPS who have almost no reason to do the M+2/3 I'm going for other than Artifact Power and the offchance of a new legendary or high-roll Titanforged item. I'm not really complaining since I don't really care all that much (not hardcore by any means), but it is something that will continue to be a challenge for average-ish players (particularly DPS). The rich get richer while the average-ish players fall increasingly far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by angryavocado View Post
    I agree that it's been a problem for some time now, but I think Legion has actually made it worse. Why? Artifact power grinding and RNG gear. Now more than ever people with crazy gear have a reason to do lower level content. I have an 856 ilvl monk but I get typically beat out by 870+ DPS who have almost no reason to do the M+2/3 I'm going for other than Artifact Power and the offchance of a new legendary or high-roll Titanforged item. I'm not really complaining since I don't really care all that much (not hardcore by any means), but it is something that will continue to be a challenge for average-ish players (particularly DPS). The rich get richer while the average-ish players fall increasingly far behind.
    Once again though just start tanking or healing on that monk. No one can tell what level your artifact is just by looking at your ilvl. I left my Prot Warrior's Artifact around 17 just at the second Gold Dragon and just focused on Arms afterwards. I tend to tank more then I DPS though, but know one knows that my Prot Artifact is the lower of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    100% of the time you can't be declined 99% of the time if you make your own group.
    the inverse could happen and has happened to me on multiple occasions, make your own group and roughly 80% of the time people drop once they see the spec I plan on using in the run, the other 20% I'd get no invite requests.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134