Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya even more so when blizzard has admitted to that and we got sites that track raid completion.

- - - Updated - - -

Good thing I didn't make a thread talking about the tier in LFR then right. The excuse used in MOP and Warlords was a small few felt forced to do LFR day 1. That is why it got gated when ToT came out.

Now they can't fall back on the feeling forced since every other part of the game rewards better.
    It was gated since the start of MoP. No point linking Mogushan since ofc it didn't have tier but can confirm that was gated too. Was just less time than it is now because of course they released raids faster. Also I never remember ever our casual guild at the time telling us to go do LFR for our tier. Our raid leader said it would be nice if we did it for our Sha Touched weapons so it would help distribution a bit in normals but that's it. And even then he didn't make us. Only people who are forced to feel that they need to do LFR are people who really care about that little extra.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/7705231
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-18 at 12:36 AM.

I really didn't want to do LFR. Legion was going to be the expansion where I wasn't going to do it at all, but then I heard that you could get legendary drops from the bosses.

So I felt compelled to carry the plebs, and what do you know... I got my legendary from the last boss in the first wing... FML.

Now I'm stuck doing it every bloody week.

Quote Originally Posted by user81213 View Post
    LFR= Literal Fucking Retards

Seriously.... you spend up to hours in some shitfest group for a CHANCE to get gear that's lower ilvl than Mythic fucking dungeons. If you can't run mythic dungeons, then you are doomed and DO NOT NEED THE GEAR!

LoL Maybe its you LFr lakes like 30 min tops.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kataroku View Post
    I really didn't want to do LFR. Legion was going to be the expansion where I wasn't going to do it at all, but then I heard that you could get legendary drops from the bosses.

So I felt compelled to carry the plebs, and what do you know... I got my legendary from the last boss in the first wing... FML.

Ahah poor you.

I hate LFR with a passion, i will never enter LFR willingly

Quote Originally Posted by Kataroku View Post

Its a video game champ, you are not stuck or forced to do anything. You can get legendary's from the pvp reward box's do you feel forced there as well?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

There is no reason for LFR to be in the game any more.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I don't understand why they have to gate the different wings, but gating it from proper raiding? See no reason not to, really. The gear system in Legion needs other fixes than changing raid release systems.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Indeed just shovel people into Normal it is faceroll enough.

Accessibility is a big reason for it to be in the game and it will always be more accessible then NM+ raiding. Also it still funds raiding so there is that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Make it queable and ill agree.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Accessibility is a big reason for it to be in the game and it will always be more accessible then NM+ raiding. Also it still funds raiding so there is that.

- - - Updated - - -

Make it queable and ill agree.
    Or not since they want people using the group finder and there are plenty of alternative carrots to LFR. HC, Mythic, Mythic plus and World quests. Also world bosses. They want accessibility then make Normal more appealing while keeping it to group finder only. They have the appeal now with specific quests only being doable.

LFR is essentially "Story Mode".

Do you read an entire book in one go? No, you do it one chapter at a time. You might even take a break in-between to chat up a single mom or look up videos of Lindsey Stirling but you most definitely wouldn't read it all in one go.

Blizzard is trying to help its playerbase take things in moderation and I can only get behind that.

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    LFR is essentially "Story Mode".

Do you read an entire book in one go? No, you do it one chapter at a time. You might even take a break in-between to chat up a single mom or look up videos of Lindsey Stirling but you most definitely wouldn't read it all in one go.

Blizzard is trying to help its playerbase take things in moderation and I can only get behind that.
    Alright just off topic but love the avatar <3. Also Lindsey Stirling? Eh can't say shes my thing personally.

Meh, I always found it to be logical that LFR justifies the resources poured into raiding. N+ Raiding has been pretty solid since its implementation, save for Dragon Soul...

If it was removed and no resources taken from raid design, I'd be fine with that as well. The vast amount of people that use LFR as their only means of seeing raids and don't want to/can't dedicate themselves to proper raiding might NOT be fine with it though...

Or not since they want people using the group finder and there are plenty of alternative carrots to LFR. HC, Mythic, Mythic plus and World quests. Also world bosses. They want accessibility then make Normal more appealing while keeping it to group finder only. They have the appeal now with specific quests only being doable.
    There is nothing they can do to make Normal more appealing then LFR.

Once again the thing LFR will always have over NM is accessibility. I can que up and do LFR no bullshit required. With LFG I have to deal with the community's whims. That is why LFR returned to the mop reward model.

Unless its replaced with NM Queable then its not going anywhere. Legion was the perfect time to remove LFR and they didn't do it, now ask yourself why.

Ill give you two hints: 1) Funding raiding 2) Accessibility.

I said my piece you all have fun.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-10-18 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I don't understand why they have to gate the different wings, but gating it from proper raiding? See no reason not to, really. The gear system in Legion needs other fixes than changing raid release systems.
    This isn't specific to Legion, and LFR has always been regarded as story mode- sorry, you gon't get to see the story at the same time people actually raiding the instance do. I'm sure one of you lot will start mouthing off about 'entitlement' for pages without paying attention to the fact that you're just acting quite similarly entitled and at the end of the day it's Blizzard's decision anyway.

And yes, some classes will take a steep ilvl drop to finish a 4 set. I don't know what game you're playing if you think this isn't a thing.

Unless its replaced with NM Queable then its not going anywhere. Legion was the perfect time to remove LFR and they didn't do it, now ask yourself why.
    Making Normal queueable doesn't solve anything, people already struggle with clearing LFR and it's literally "stand next to the boss and push bottons" mode already.

Feel free to Queue for wing 2 tonight if you don't believe me.

Make it available via queue, and i am game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan
    Either way its true. You want tier gear in LFR for ego reasons. Thats the only reason for it to exist there, so you can feel good about yourself. Its ironic.
    It's a video game, everything about it in some way exists to boost our ego.

Quote Originally Posted by socialhealer
    lol the usual "most of the community does LFR, hardly anyone does normal+"
    There has been hard factual evidence presented by Blizzard supporting this. Is there equal evidence suggesting that more people participate in organized raiding then LFR?

Come again?
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=137419/c...bonus=1727%3A0

Also once again doesn't matter. Someone is not going to drop there 890 epic for a 845 set piece. There is zero reasons for LFR to be gated at this point.
    you know full well i meant the real proper sets not the ones we have at suramar instances. I don't know the powerlevel of the set bonuses in the new sets, but i bet it wouldn't be totally out of the realm of possibility for a 4set or even a 2 set to be worth more to warant the ilvl nerf.

I want tier gear in LFR because LFR is another form of raiding, its quite simple to understand that.

I have given my reasons and the only thing you or people like you can say is (Badly,scrubs) or some other bullshit.
    Tier gear should be in *organized raiding. Does the asterisk help?

Its not really raiding though. Its just an easy walkthrough.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya even more so when blizzard has admitted to that and we got sites that track raid completion.
    We will need some statistics to back up those claims you've made.

Deleted
    The reason why a lot of people do normal mode is because there is no other way to see the full raid other then wait 3 weeks.
    And blizzard is rightfully trying very hard to make people try pugging normal. This is one of their ways of doing that.

Raiding has become such a big part of the game and progression is also one of the main reasons that keep players subbed.

I think each wing of lfr should be gated even further.

LFR in its original implementation was meant to be a stepping stone to normal raiding or higher, let people get familiar with certain mechanics.
    But of course, the WoW community being the way it is, bosses in DS LFR were being tuned down bit by bit because people couldn't be bothered to execute mechanics properly or learn.
    Hell, even when normal/heroic raiders took their time explaining the fights back then, half the raid would still stand in fire and execute a 1-button dps rotation. It has been this way ever since. The best and most recent example is Archimonde, who had to be severly tuned down yet again to account for the "zero-fucks-given mentality" in LFR. (http://imgur.com/dYembBE)

People go in there in "auto-mode" for 30 minutes, paying close to no attention and doing something that can only be described as dpsing a glorified target dummy.

You can get better gear just by doing world quests alone.
    For all i care, they could strip gear rewards from LFR, but at the same time, release all the wings on day 1.
    That way, people that want to see bosses/story can do so and maybe even use their time tere to practise some bosses and mechanics if they're still feeling uncertain about setting foot in normal or higher, what LFR was intended to be in the first place. At the same time, anyone can complete raiding quests they have from day 1.