Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    If it's all about numbers of pulls, how come guilds hit brick walls on certain bosses? I'm not arguing pulls though, only that people probably shouldn't look at the top 1% of the 1% and decide that content is "too easy!!" based on how they perform.

Ion said that Xavius was undertuned, still won't stop plenty of guilds being more than challenged by the fight and many not getting the kill during this tier. Let's see what the top 1% of the 1% are faced with in Gul'dan, he's what I'd consider the "end boss" of the tier.
    Statistically, guilds who kill Cenarius should find Xavius to be significantly easier. There is very little to learn and from a mechanic stand point, there is nothing difficult to manage. Cenarius on the other hand had several differences from his heroic version and required coordinated strategy as well as high performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Deavane View Post
    Statistically, guilds who kill Cenarius should find Xavius to be significantly easier. There is very little to learn and from a mechanic stand point, there is nothing difficult to manage. Cenarius on the other hand had several differences from his heroic version and required coordinated strategy as well as high performance.
    Yeah it's clear that Xavius is a disappointment to many once they've gotten past Cenarius... on any difficulty, really.

Deleted
    80 wipes on Cenarius, 16 wipes on Xavius. I love it when even less qualified users post these useless threads.

Xavius was not just a bit undertuned, but he was extremely undertuned. Mechanically he doesn't feel like a mythic encounter either.
    You could tune the fight up a lot more, but this fight has fundamental issues which runs far deeper than just tuning.

Also, 150 guilds has killed Xavius within ~ 2 weeks of Mythic release. It took over 3 months before 140 guilds had killed Archimonde Mythic, just to put it into perspective. I don't remember Highmaul since I wasn't participating. Likewise it took around 2 - 3 months for 150 guilds to kill BH Mythic. Xavius is grossly undertuned by any standard, and any players who has done the boss will tell you so as well.

Cenarius was very nicely tuned. It's a bit weird going from HFC to EN. Even as a introductory raid, I was expecting at least one boss at the difficulty of Xhul'horac, Gorefiend or Tyrant Velhari, but no boss even took half of the wipes. My guild wiped more on Mannoroth or Archimonde in total than the entirety of EN times 2. I don't know how many other ways to spell out how undertuned a lot of the raid has been, with or without the gear. Split raiding existed in WoD too, minus the M+. We didn't abuse M+ as much as the very top guilds, and the raid still felt underwhelming from a Mythic POV.

Also, Xavius is very naturally gated by the fact you have to kill any prior boss to even attempt him. If you could jump straight into the last fight as you wished, then you'd see guilds pick out Xavius somewhere after Elerethe and Ursoc.

Edit: FYI personally I don't consider a boss hard until we've wiped 50 times. Anything below that is a below average fight. Cenarius was the only boss which we wiped more than 50 times on. Il'gynoth was somewhere at 30+, which was decent. I think he could've been considered a legitimate hard boss if we didn't have the gear debacle. The boss was mechanically sound, but due to gear the tuning felt a bit on the easier side.
    Last edited by mmocede777d469; 2016-10-18 at 01:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Yeah it's clear that Xavius is a disappointment to many once they've gotten past Cenarius... on any difficulty, really.
    u w0t?

Heroic Cenarius was the second easiest boss - Heroic Xavius was the hardest boss

Normal Cenarius just died and 99% of the raid learnt nothing
    Normal Xavius we wiped a few times and then lolnukephasenormalggez

Mythic Cenarius seems to be quite a hurdle whereas Xavius just gets rolled

hyperbole too stronk I guess

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by N0085T3RG0D View Post
    u w0t?

Heroic Cenarius was the second easiest boss - Heroic Xavius was the hardest boss

It's not a hyperbole. What he said is spot on. Cenarius was much more difficult than Xavius on any difficulty. I don't really have much else to say. Nothing to really argue for or against. If your guild had a easy time on Cenarius, cool. But having a hard time on Xavius in general isn't great on any difficulty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by N0085T3RG0D View Post
    u w0t?

This. Difficulty slopes are not the same on every mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Xavius on Mythic difficulty was not tuned to the level the team would have wanted. Ideally he would have taken a couple days to kill with 80-100 attempts for the top guilds."

When Blizzard comes out and says whoops we messed that one up........

/Thread
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMagicMan View Post
    It's not a hyperbole. What he said is spot on. Cenarius was much more difficult than Xavius on any difficulty. I don't really have much else to say. Nothing to really argue for or against. If your guild had a easy time on Cenarius, cool. But having a hard time on Xavius in general isn't great on any difficulty.
    what?

If your guild had an easy time on Xavius, cool. But having a hard time on Cenarius heroic and normal in general isn't great.

Still havent rescued Malfurion from whatever he gets in final phase.
    Still just going - wisp - wisp - drake - wisp - wisp - drake - dps boss

I lead pugs on Cenarius HC every week and we explain it in this one line without trouble
    kill adds over Cenarius - reset stacks at 30 - focus one drake when double drakes up.

Xavius is 300x the headache in a pug with people who dont know what to do

DBM or whatever tool doesnt tell you hey go soak that pool so the add doesn't respawn it does however tell you that you have a fk tonne of stacks and you have a dryad debuff gtfo

getting people to not die to a maggot under the wing of Nythendra was harder than anything Heroic Cenarius has to offer
    Last edited by mmoc199d79f32a; 2016-10-18 at 01:54 AM.

Cenar/Xav remind me of Spine/Madness, once you killed Heroic spine and got to H-madness and started the fight you had to make sure it was actually on heroic because of how much easier it is than the previous boss.

The Problem isn't that Cenarius is The hardest boss in the instance.. Mannoroth was the hardest boss in HFC.

Its that Xavius is maybe 3rd easiest boss in the entire instance and not even close to tuned where it needs to be. Add another 300-500 Mil HP and make it where if you don't perfectly use the first 6 soaks and have all get empowered to push you wipe or make it where you have to 3 heal... and then double the damage of corruptor tenicles in p3 so you can't just kill 1 set then burn then the boss would be on par with Cenarius.

Right now Easiest to Hardest bosses to progress on.
    Ursoc #1
    Nyth #2
    Spider #3A
    Xavius #3B
    Eye Boss One Phase #4
    Dragons #5
    Eye Boss Post buff #6
    Cenarius #8 It doesn't even get a #7 because It took almost more pulls than all the rest of the bosses combined....
    Last edited by ChickenChaser; 2016-10-18 at 02:00 AM.

The problem is that they feel like it demeans their accomplishment if it doesn't require an ample amount of utter time-wasting and excessive failure. The fact that it was so effortlessly cleared means that the bragging rights obtained by beating Mythic Xavius don't feel as worthwhile when people can just spout stuff like "easiest end-raid boss ever lol"

In short: the hardcore raiding WoW scene is pretty goddamn pathetic these days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    The problem is that they feel like it demeans their accomplishment if it doesn't require an ample amount of utter time-wasting and excessive failure. The fact that it was so effortlessly cleared means that the bragging rights obtained by beating Mythic Xavius don't feel as worthwhile when people can just spout stuff like "easiest end-raid boss ever lol"

In short: the hardcore raiding WoW scene is pretty goddamn pathetic these days.
    I thought the problem was that the end boss is usually and "should" be the hardest boss and is usually the big baddie lore wise.

feelskindabadman if guilds are celebrating like they completed the raid tier after killing mythic Cenarius instead of Xavius

Deleted
    I know we're talking mythic here, but my guild is currently wiping in xavius hc, while cenarius hc was, I think, a 2 shot (Il'gynoth was a little harder but got down after 2 hours i think). Is there some exponentially difficult thing in Cenarius Mythic that Xavius doesn't get?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess Missfit View Post
    I know we're talking mythic here, but my guild is currently wiping in xavius hc, while cenarius hc was, I think, a 2 shot (Il'gynoth was a little harder but got down after 2 hours i think). Is there some exponentially difficult thing in Cenarius Mythic that Xavius doesn't get?
    The ramping damage debuff's damage is increased by 50% pretty much. That and the fact that you have to deal with the waves that you cleanse when you get the next set of adds, plus their mythic abilities(eg. wisps do raid wide aoe damage when they die) make it much tougher on the healing.

Essentially, Cenarius is a true Mythic boss, abilities got changed and added. Xavius had no changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Wowprogress also says our best kill on nythendra is 99999 hours.

yeah. That site is LEGIIIIT bro
    He says without posting a link

Quote Originally Posted by n0085t3rg0d View Post
    getting people to not die to a maggot under the wing of nythendra was harder than anything heroic cenarius has to offer
    qft .
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

93.5% of guilds that have killed mythic Cenarius have killed mythic Xavius.

42.3% of guilds that have killed mythic Il'gynoth have killed mythic Cenarius.

The only thing baffling is this thread.

Seriously, no guilds are "stuck" on Xavius. Every guild who's doing Emerald Nightmare is going from 5/7 to 7/7 overnight. Once Cenarius falls over Xavius is a victory lap.

I'm only 2/7 mythic, but I feel that Xavius is too easy. In HFC, I got 13/13 mythic, but I didn't do it quick. Xhul, Mannoroth and Archimonde were huge cock blocks. Archimonde was a pretty decent step up from Mannoroth, like maybe 10-15% harder. Even though we killed that boss months after most guilds that got it, it still meant a lot to me because the boss was still hard for us.

I feel like by the time we actually get past Cenarius, Xavius will be a pushover. That's kind of sad.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    It took Exorsus 2 1/2 hours to kill him according to Wowprogress.

That alone tells you everything you really need to know.

That they practiced the fight on ptr?