Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ret Rerolling for 7.1 is Warrior going to be Top Tier DPS?

If 7.1 ret changes go through I will be re rolling and would like to stay melee, is warrior going to be good for mythic raid progression? I have options between warrior and rogue for our current roster, thanks.

I can only speak for arms and not fury. It is by far in my eyes the most engaging spec maybe behind outlaw rogues. While still requiring massive spam and app to dps at ur full potential. When CS pros a lot it's great dps and loads of fun. But when it doesn't... You just want to go afk and wipe away the salty man tears.

Blizzard has said they will buff Fury. How much we do not know.

Arms is great single target if you have the legendary gloves.

Curious why you're switching? Haven't paid much attention, the only change I saw was to crusade so far

Deleted
    I'd go with Rogue given they will surely retain both Feint and Cloak, both unvaluable.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Go rogue to be safe.

Go warrior if you prefer to roll the dice.

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    Curious why you're switching? Haven't paid much attention, the only change I saw was to crusade so far
    Losing Crusade is like a ~10-15% damage nerf. From what I understand the Blade of Wrath rework will also hurt people that are running it.

Lol, arms is a good DPS spec if RNG decides you get procs. If it decides you don't, you do no dmg. Play at your own risk.

I main a Warrior, I'd honestly say go Rogue if you want consistency. Assass is great, Sub is good at higher gear levels and Outlaw is a lot of fun. Fury is getting a buff, sure, but it has mechanical issues still within its artifact weapon which desperately need to be addressed. Arms as other people have said relies a lot on RNG which can be soul destroying.
    I remember you... In the mountains

Rogue is a safer bet for you.
    Also, Crusade is NOT dead in 7.1, they decided to keep the live version after feedback.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2016-10-18 at 05:31 AM.

Arms is top tier with bis legendaries, average/russian roulette frustrating without. Fury is currently ass. Fury will be OK in a week, but not amazing.

Warriors, while traditionally strong, aren't really shaping up to be great in the near future. PvP kind of died with echo slam, will be impaled on a stake if hamstring on the GCD goes through. Arms is great with legendaries, but if you're part of the 99% without the right ones, it really doesn't feel that great. Fury is mediocre, but not top of the line PvE as it usual.

Assassination is the spec to play for PvE and PvP melee in the short (medium) term.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2016-10-18 at 05:27 AM.

After consulting the magic crystal ball I can safely answer this question with a maybe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Losing Crusade is like a ~10-15% damage nerf. From what I understand the Blade of Wrath rework will also hurt people that are running it.
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...page=4#post-62

Deleted
    Well, Ion (or some developer or other) said that fury warriors require a redesign, and that the 7.1 buffs are going to be nothing but a temporary band-aid. Just keep that in mind when thinking of rolling a DPS warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzell View Post
    If 7.1 ret changes go through I will be re rolling and would like to stay melee, is warrior going to be good for mythic raid progression? I have options between warrior and rogue for our current roster, thanks.
    You'll be happy to know that Crusade is not being changed in 7.1. Was said that they may adjust it in the future, so you can save your knee jerk for then.

Go Rogue. Pretty much every tier there's a fight or two that rogues are able to cheese mechanics due to their abilities mainly cloak which help on progression.

Wellp looks like crusade has been reverted in 7.1, people can stop freaking out now :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing warrior forever.. Roll DH DK Rogue Shamy.... Shit i would even roll pally over warrior for dps...
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by TummyBoy View Post
    Blizzard has said they will buff Fury. How much we do not know.

Arms is great single target if you have the legendary gloves.
    Or the legendary ring.

He's better off starting soon to build up his legendary drop.

Also, they've said that they won't change the roles of the specs. Fury did get some really nice buffs so I'm wondering if they're going to be anywhere near FR Arms with those buffs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    Wellp looks like crusade has been reverted in 7.1, people can stop freaking out now :3
    Looks like it was a bug, not a reverted change.
    Delmore - Warrior
    Delmoré - Demon Hunter