So if they put out a vanilla server with:
    updated player models Y/N
    barber shop Y/N
    transmog Y/N
    new energy system Y/N

Quote Originally Posted by jpedrote52 View Post
    and probably more player interaction in these minutes before the raid starts than in all of wow this past week
    Funny I interact with loads of people on Argent Dawn EU. Both roleplay and non roleplay. Community exists if you are willing to get out there and get stuck in just like Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Funny I interact with loads of people on Argent Dawn EU. Both roleplay and non roleplay. Community exists if you are willing to get out there and get stuck in just like Vanilla.
    There are still plenty of meaningful ways to interact with other real people in WoW. But this is not equal to the social environment of vanilla. First and foremost there was not a huge dot on your map where your quest objective was. You actually had to read the quest and find it. Usually this took asking players. People needed each other to complete challenging quest and did not auto que. They looked for a group. No x realms meant that no ticking off the community with poor dungeon etiquette. The world pvp also meant calling into chat to find people for help as well as finding people to locate the enemy faction. Raids also took 40 people, and raids stuck together much longer and core groups played together for the entire expansion.

So yes, Legion has interaction. But you obviously missed the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    Not gonna lie, I bought gold from China farmers to get my epic mount on my first 60 back in vanilla. Think I bought gold once more after that, but by the middle of TBC, I was rich via selling arena points.

I would be okay with the gold token on legacy servers. Unlike all that other stuff I don't feel it adds a pay to win (even pet and mount purchases are a form of that) but instead manages pay to win that has always been in mmo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewithnoshell View Post
    So if they put out a vanilla server with:
    updated player models Y/N
    barber shop Y/N
    transmog Y/N
    new energy system Y/N
    No
    No
    No
    No

The point of vanilla is to keep it as close to vanilla as possible. The only thing we can't have is the massive disconnect and lag since technology has gone forward since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    and please dont cry or /wrists when they announce Pristine servers.

Even if I wanted Vanilla. Which I would try if done by Blizzard.
    I do not want Nost or vanilla lite.
    It will never be the same.

If they try and release the lame version they suggested it will only earn then mockery. If they are actually going to do something that brings the world and social aspects back to WoW then I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marakesh View Post
    If they try and release the lame version they suggested it will only earn then mockery. If they are actually going to do something that brings the world and social aspects back to WoW then I'm all for it.
    Indeed either do Vanilla or don't do anything. Pristine is a shitty compromise.

You think you do but you don't.

Well just under 3 weeks till Blizzcon so we can see what happens there. It'll either be Legacy, Pristine or nothing.

Deleted

Pristine server aren't even a chance the amount of hate they got in the 2 days they proposed the idea was enough for them to understand that people want vanilla unadulterated.

- - - Updated - - -

Screenshots or didn't happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed either do Vanilla or don't do anything. Pristine is a shitty compromise.
    yup

10char

Pristine server aren't even a chance the amount of hate they got in the 2 days they proposed the idea was enough for them to understand that people want vanilla unadulterated.

- - - Updated - - -

Screenshots or didn't happen.

- - - Updated - - -

yup

10char
    I don't keep screenshots of WoW lol especially since over time the pc that kept them has been upgraded, stuff got lost and well you get the picture. Argent dawn is a very heavy roleplay server some research will take you 5 minutes. The community still exists in WoW whether you want to believe it or not. I actually do have some original screenshots on my Vista HDD but I never got round to getting it repaired.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-18 at 12:10 AM.

Believe it or not, it's really fun to see people engaged in this conversation. 2 Months ago it was all thorns and corncobs... Could it be that folks are slowly acceptiping the idea of Legacy? Over time I simply see less and less resistance ....

- - - Updated - - -

I hate it break it to you, but Pristine Servers will never happen.

Sorry to pop your bubble.

Pristine (as described) = Teh suck. The official forums even told Blizzard about how it was a bad idea - haha subscribed fans said this .... in any event, it's not what Legacy folks even remotely are interested in.

EDIT: If Blizzard tried this, they would obviously get it from both ends. Overall: Bad topic.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-10-18 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Overall: Bad topic.
    Whew I guess the King of the Thread has saved us from debating the merits and flaws of Pristine Realms again.

- - - Updated - - -

Believe it or not, it's really fun to see people engaged in this conversation. 2 Months ago it was all thorns and corncobs... Could it be that folks are slowly acceptiping the idea of Legacy? Over time I simply see less and less resistance ....
    LOL you might want to go back and read the past few pages then. Don't worry we'll have plenty of time to laugh about all of this together in a few weeks after Blizzcon denies Legacy yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Whew I guess the King of the Thread has saved us from debating the merits and flaws of Pristine Realms again.
    You are free to debate (if there is anyting to debate). I'm flattered you called me the King of the Thread. Actually I'm not, ... .. just someone who wants to see WoW much better than it currently exists at .. ya know rather than try to stiffe it's potential, and raise income for other games in the Blizzard Portfolio, other than WoW (which is where your cash-shop $$'s are going BTW).

I'm flattered, never-the-less.

Quote Originally Posted by Galax View Post
    Legion will still be there when I've completed the game from Vanilla. Plus Blizzard can release one at a time. Start with Vanilla to gauge interest and work from there. As another poster stated, they released Vanilla with 500k active users in mind. They can't erect a few servers with existing content on a trial basis? Sorry but the risk:reward favours trying this.
    Not even close. The overwhelming amount of work this would take is not worth the fleeting and brief interest anyone would even have in it.

You are free to debate (if there is anyting to debate). I'm flattered you called me the King of the Thread. Actually I'm not, ... .. just someone who wants to see WoW much better than it currently exists at .. ya know rather than try to stiffe it's potential, and raise income for other games in the Blizzard Portfolio, other than WoW (which is where your cash-shop $$'s are going BTW).
    Do I need to hand you a sarcasm detector? And btw as some people have pointed out in this thread, color coding words you want to place special emphasis on is making it hard for some people to read the threads. Might I suggest bolding your words instead?

And Wow much better than it currently exists? Yeahhhhh that isn't Vanilla. Sorry bud, Vanilla wouldn't keep most people busy for long before they got bored to death of the level grinding and grinding of fire resist gear and so on. Also who loves bosses with a single mechanic or two? *yawwwwwn*

LOL you might want to go back and read the past few pages then. Don't worry we'll have plenty of time to laugh about all of this together in a few weeks after Blizzcon denies Legacy yet again.
    It's almost as though it's personal to you that Blizzard omits Legacy from Blizzcon. It's sort of disturbing, actually. "Your game" will only get worse without Legacy. Population & Funding.

Also who loves bosses with a single mechanic or two? *yawwwwwn*
    All the people who play on private servers, would be my first guess. But, then again, there were other attractions, which you snubbed .. the ones that retail no longer offers, etc.

and probably more player interaction in these minutes before the raid starts than in all of wow this past week
    Unlikely especially on my realm where we have constant interaction between players regardless of guilds. A Skype channel in which every guild can have their gm and officers inside interacting. Also a discord channel open to everyone in the realm to join and interact.

Simply put I'd guess there's more life in 5 minutes if my realm than in an hour if that one.

It's almost as though it's personal to you that Blizzard omits Legacy from Blizzcon. It's sort of disturbing, actually. "Your game" will only get worse without Legacy. Population & Funding.
    Oh hell no. I WANT them to mention Legacy and then say NO right after it.

You don't KNOW if the game will get worse without Legacy, that is just the narrative you are putting forth. I got plenty to look forward to, unlike you. We get a new patch in a week or two, a new mythic dungeon, new small raid and some other small things to tide us over until the new year in which we get another raid. The future is looking just fine for me.