Earthen Shield Totem. Advice please.

Hi, I need a bit of help to understand how this works. I know you put it down to absorb x amount of damage, but every time I use it I get "immune" flash up over it, is this normal or should I see some sort of healing/absorb numbers. I was also wondering is there a way to track the amount absorbed? I can't see it listed in recount.

I really just want to compare this to other abilities on different fights to see if it's worth taking.

Thanks in advance.

If you use Skada instead of Recount, you will see the absorbs listed.

Recount has absorbs, it may be under shields though, but I think it has an absorb section. And isnt the immune combat text letting you know your totem isnt taking AOE dmg from the boss?

Quote Originally Posted by dalsand View Post
    If you use Skada instead of Recount, you will see the absorbs listed.
    Thank you, that does exactly what I want.

The "immune" above your EST is because it is immune to HR/CH/HST etc. I found it pretty annoying at first, but used to it now. You can probably turn that off in floating combat text.

Quote Originally Posted by soetiii View Post
    The "immune" above your EST is because it is immune to HR/CH/HST etc. I found it pretty annoying at first, but used to it now. You can probably turn that off in floating combat text.
    Are you confusing it with cloudburst totem? EST redirects x amount of damage to it:

Summons a totem with (100 * Total health / 100) health at your feet for 15 sec. (100 * Spell power / 100) damage from each attack against allies within 10 yards of the totem is redirected to the totem.

i dont think it counts under absobs cause its only redirecting the damage to the totem? only thing i could think of would be tracking the health of the totem itself to see how much its doing. might count as friendly fire idk
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

I've tested this using Skada, in the open world. It appears the immune combat text is actually the amount of damage that is being redirected to the totem. If that's the case is this totem useless in raids?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    i dont think it counts under absobs cause its only redirecting the damage to the totem? only thing i could think of would be tracking the health of the totem itself to see how much its doing. might count as friendly fire idk
    I've just double checked, you're right recount lists it as friendly fire. Skada lists it with all the other healing spells.

Quote Originally Posted by hnlntm View Post
    Are you confusing it with cloudburst totem? EST redirects x amount of damage to it
    I've rarely used CBT, but used EST a lot. It says "immune" above it when it has a HR or alike under it. Was simply explaining why the "immune" comes up. May come up above CBT too.

Deleted
    Imune msg means that totem absorbs all dmg (lower then 27k )you take so you are immune to it. When i use it againts dot classes in pvp its immune all over the place. Not 100% sure but its look like this.

Edit: Ok so one guy explain thats immune msg mean something different above me so sry guys just my missunderstanding.
    Last edited by mmoc7c06c6927d; 2016-10-18 at 11:28 AM.

Honestly, it might mean something else. But over my time as a shaman that's what I've concluded. I've never doublechecked it though, so do not take my word 100% on it. I've just concluded it's immune to the aoe heals going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cztk View Post
    Imune msg means that totem absorbs all dmg (lower then 27k )you take so you are immune to it. When i use it againts dot classes in pvp its immune all over the place. Not 100% sure but its look like this.

Edit: Ok so one guy explain thats immune msg mean something different above me so sry guys just my missunderstanding.
    Thanks I actually think your reasoning makes the most sense. As for the other guy I cant's see why it would absorb your healing spells when the tool tip states that it redirects damage to the totem. I've asked on the official forums also, so will update here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by soetiii View Post
    Honestly, it might mean something else. But over my time as a shaman that's what I've concluded. I've never doublechecked it though, so do not take my word 100% on it. I've just concluded it's immune to the aoe heals going on.
    Thanks for the reply, I Cztk post makes the most sense.

I cant's see why EST would absorb your healing spells when the tool tip states that it redirects damage to the totem. I've asked on the official forums also for clarification, so will update here. I'm re-rolled to Shammy healer this expansion so still trying to get my head round how stuff works.

The immune just means it's immune to healing, like when it's in a Healing Rain

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    The immune just means it's immune to healing, like when it's in a Healing Rain
    That's what I thought originally, but not the case.

The "immune" combat text appears over your other totems and possibly player pets, that are not affected by EST.
    Example: If the enemy target attacks your healing stream totem for 40k while EST is up HST will get hit for 40k.

The combat numbers that appear over EST is the amount of damage that is being redirected to the totem when a player is hit by damage.
    Example: If the enemy target attacks you for 40k while EST is up you will receive 10k the other 30k will hit the totem. The amount of damage redirected to EST is based on spellpower.

I found this very helpful. Thank you.