Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yeah I just learned that, it probably makes it too tedious to be worth for most people, at least unless you can set up a team which can loot and would gladly give you the trinket (unlikely). The RNG of actually getting MgT of all the dungs, the trinket dropping and you being the one receiving it is a bit too much unfortunately.

I managed to pick up a shard of contempt. I'm having trouble simming it though. It sims as a 660 trinket, which doesn't really help much. Does anyone have the bonus ID's I need for 820?

EDIT:
    Got it to seemingly work by just adding "ilevel=820"
    Last edited by SergeantYolo; 2016-10-17 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdie View Post
    Holy shit, with SoC being so good it might be worthwile farming it even if it defaults low ilvl and I main Arms.

I find it disappointing that Arcanocrystal is so good, I could live with such a hard-to-get trinket being BiS but it being so by such a huge margin is just a slap in the face to everyone who weren't lucky enough to get one.
    Precisely because it's so hard to get, and even harder to farm for Warforge. I suspect this is why raid trinkets are weaker than dungeon ones as well; they're reliably dropped at a higher level, whereas dungeon trinkets can be farmed, but are more heavily at the mercy of warforge-RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Precisely because it's so hard to get, and even harder to farm for Warforge. I suspect this is why raid trinkets are weaker than dungeon ones as well; they're reliably dropped at a higher level, whereas dungeon trinkets can be farmed, but are more heavily at the mercy of warforge-RNG.
    Based on the recent interview it seems like that wasn't intentional though? Expecting a decent ursoc's buff soon, along with a few others .

Unless your rankings are supposed impress me? Just ranking well doesn't make you an automatic authority, and if you want to swing your dick around, you should probably try it with someone who isn't ranking better than you.
    Boomshakalaka.

Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    Based on the recent interview it seems like that wasn't intentional though? Expecting a decent ursoc's buff soon, along with a few others .
    Maybe, maybe not. Maybe they only mean to close the gap between them, maybe it was just a convenient way of saying "this didn't work out but we're going to say it was unintentional to save face" like they do every time something WRT balance is brought up (see answer on Frost Mage balance). That sounds pessimistic, but you really never know with these guys.

I hardly even watch the QA's anymore, it's nothing but PR talk now. I wait for results.

qing random timewalking every 30 mins for a shot at shard of contempt is so awful, but it's so damn good

Deleted
    We really need something like this for Arms!

I see what you are saying, and agree to the extent that I think raid trinkets (1 lockout per difficulty/week) should generally be better than dung trinkets at the same ilvl, and that World Boss trinkets should probably also generally be better than dung trinkets at the same ilvl.

I do not agree that a World Boss trinket should be better than a mythic or even heroic level raid trinket however. If it is hard to get only due to chance and not because of difficulty of the loot source, the reward should reflect that. On World Bosses you can very much just fly there, casually throw an axe in the boss' face from max range and go to the toilet and come back to loot. The only difficulty is the bosses being on weekly loot lockout and being lucky enough to have Withered Jim spawn and also drop the only thing you need from him. Here is to hoping that Blizz keeps fucking up the boss rotation for another 3 months of Withered Jim every week.

Wait, Shard of Contempt is actually amazing? I lucked out and got an 835 warforged one from the 5 timewalkings i did. I actually kept it because it had an unusually high amount of haste compared to its item level so i thought it had potential, but i wasn't sure how good the attack power proc would be so i was too lazy to test it out myself i just tossed it into a corner in my bags and left it there, just incase.

I guess it's better than my 855 Spiked Counterweight? My other slot is an 870 Chrono Shard.

Deleted
    need some advice..
    Today i got a SoC(820), but atm i got a Faulty (850) and ursocs (865).. so SoC is Waaaaay better than Ursocs? right?

Quote Originally Posted by Destram View Post
    Wait, Shard of Contempt is actually amazing? I lucked out and got an 835 warforged one from the 5 timewalkings i did. I actually kept it because it had an unusually high amount of haste compared to its item level so i thought it had potential, but i wasn't sure how good the attack power proc would be so i was too lazy to test it out myself i just tossed it into a corner in my bags and left it there, just incase.

I guess it's better than my 855 Spiked Counterweight? My other slot is an 870 Chrono Shard.
    a 805 shard would be better than your 855 counterweight, a 835 blows it out of the water. It's better than a 885 chrono shard even.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunk View Post
    need some advice..
    Today i got a SoC(820), but atm i got a Faulty (850) and ursocs (865).. so SoC is Waaaaay better than Ursocs? right?
    Yes.

/10chars

Deleted
    I read through all this and am still having issues deciding on which trinkets:

825 Spiked Counterweight
    840 Faulty Countermeasure
    850 Nightmare Egg Shell (socketed)
    865 Ursoc's Rending Paw
    840 Chrono Shard.

According to the list (if I'm reading it correctly) I should be using the Countermeasure + Egg Shell. SimC is showing that as a 13k DPS loss over Egg Shell + Rending Paw.

Am I being dense?

(Artia on Argent Dawn EU)

I also got a 835 Shard of Contempt. Does the AP actually translate 1-to-1 for STR?

So t his is saying my 865 Tiny oozlings does more than a 840 chaos or 845 spiked? IDK the way that Tiny charges it seems really slow.

Quote Originally Posted by raurth View Post
    I read through all this and am still having issues deciding on which trinkets:

825 Spiked Counterweight
    840 Faulty Countermeasure
    850 Nightmare Egg Shell (socketed)
    865 Ursoc's Rending Paw
    840 Chrono Shard.

According to the list (if I'm reading it correctly) I should be using the Countermeasure + Egg Shell. SimC is showing that as a 13k DPS loss over Egg Shell + Rending Paw.

Am I being dense?

(Artia on Argent Dawn EU)

Had to use my artifact since you logged off as prot, but I'm not seeing the same results you are.

Quote Originally Posted by aZn View Post
    I also got a 835 Shard of Contempt. Does the AP actually translate 1-to-1 for STR?
    Now that str raid buffs aren't in the game, I believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by joe2887 View Post
    So t his is saying my 865 Tiny oozlings does more than a 840 chaos or 845 spiked? IDK the way that Tiny charges it seems really slow.
    You're supposed to use it every Battle Cry, not every 20s.

Deleted
    Tiny Oozeling at 850 at 6 stacks deals more damage than a full duration Odyn's Fury for me. It's REALLY strong. But yeah, you gotta use it coupled with Battle Cry or when there's adds in dire need of nuking.
    It's abysmal range makes it not that great on a LOT of fights though (Nythendra, Ursoc, Xavius come to mind), and worthless on quite a few 5 man dungeons (Helya, worm-thingy in Nelth for example).

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    Tiny Oozeling at 850 at 6 stacks deals more damage than a full duration Odyn's Fury for me. It's REALLY strong. But yeah, you gotta use it coupled with Battle Cry or when there's adds in dire need of nuking.
    It's abysmal range makes it not that great on a LOT of fights though (Nythendra, Ursoc, Xavius come to mind), and worthless on quite a few 5 man dungeons (Helya, worm-thingy in Nelth for example).
    I have an 870 Ooze jar and I'm hating it for this exact reason. I wish it had more range so it can actually be useful in these fights. The only replacement I have is a 850 Nightmare Egg shell and that thing hardly procs for me.

Any advice for the following? I've sim'd but thought I'd ask here for a 2nd opinion

840 Chrono Shard
    840 Spiked Counterweight
    870 Terrorbound Nexus w/ socket
    850 Nightmare Egg
    855 STR/HASTE stick

I was using...haste stick + nexus ? (no luck with chaos or countermeasure drops)..

I can't for the life of me, figure out how to correctly sim with different relics...
    So I'll ask here :
    850 unrivaled strength
    870 Uncontrolled rage
    I'm not raiding, only m+ so AoE is more important than ST.
    Thanks