Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Most complex melee DPS class / spec

Hi guys,

I am playing Demo WL and Shadow Priest at the moment, because I enjoy difficulty and complexity and I felt like those two ranged classes fit in that category. However I am looking to level also a melee DPS Class now. I am thinking about a Ret Pala , Survival Hunter or DK. What do you think are complex Melee classes with a higher skill cap ?

thanks in advance !

Feral and sub rogue I guess

I'd say momentum DH as I think it's pretty hard to have optimal momentum uptime.

Deleted
    feral /10char

While I have not tried other melee, most people seem to think Feral is rather complex, and IIRC logs support that with top % being way above average. Personally I think Arms is fairly hard to minmax, requiring pretty high APM. Arms DPS still feels more limited by RNG than play though.

Yeah definitely not retribution paladins if you want complexity. Their rotation is pretty much 4 abilities, maybe an exaggeration but it's honestly pretty boring. Feral druid is what you're looking for I think. If that doesn't work out you can fill any other role as a druid so there's that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give sub rogue a go.

What about survival Hunter or Death Knight?

I dont like the class Fantasy of druids which is why i want to avoid feral

Feral's complex for sure.

However,maintaining savage roar and snapshotting bleeds to SR, arcway mastery bonus, TF and BT every 20 seconds or so is not fun at all.
    Also, the aoe rotation is complex + does next to no damage (essentially making you useless for mythic+).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    I'd say momentum DH as I think it's pretty hard to have optimal momentum uptime.
    Fill up pink bar as much as possible and keep rush cd rolling is hardly any complex. Positioning is the thing that may differ good and better

Quote Originally Posted by fndrx View Post
    What about survival Hunter or Death Knight?

I dont like the class Fantasy of druids which is why i want to avoid feral
    DKs aren't difficult. IMO. Survival is fairly complex but it also has a tad to much of RNG. I mean you can be highly skilled but if you are not getting any mongoose procs your DPS is going to suffer.

Sub rogue is mildly complex,
    Sub rogue trying not to be energy starved is definitely complex

Deleted
    survival hunter is more complex than other melees i have played, but i havent tried rogue or druid.

Survival is definitely one of the more complex ones. Unless you are able to predict your every action 30 sec in advance (Mongoose Bite stacking), there is no way you will be able to approach optimal DPS numbers. That is basically why the class is so broken mechanically right now. Theoretically it has higher DPS numbers than MM and BM. But in practice, very few people are actually able to come anywhere close.
    Not sure about feral though. People say that it is also quite unfriendly for a user.

Quote Originally Posted by Meythia View Post
    Fill up pink bar as much as possible and keep rush cd rolling is hardly any complex. Positioning is the thing that may differ good and better
    Positioning is what gives momentum it's skillcap, but its fair to say most people drop far more momentum uptime than they realize - even in mythic farming guilds right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    I don't know the answer, but I know that the ferals in our raid are performing like .. well trash .. and top ferals on warcraftlogs or simcraft are performing quite well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notayeti View Post
    DKs aren't difficult. IMO. Survival is fairly complex but it also has a tad to much of RNG. I mean you can be highly skilled but if you are not getting any mongoose procs your DPS is going to suffer.
    Unholy DK is deceptive I think (I play blood so not very well practiced at unholy). It is an easy spec to mash buttons with, but getting the most out of your rotation is reasonably involved when there is more than one target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kourvith View Post
    Sub rogue is mildly complex,
    Sub rogue trying not to be energy starved is definitely complex
    Maybe I've played traditional sub too long to consider the new iteration complex, I find EP Assassination rogue infinitely more interesting in managing damage buffs for bleeds at the right times, etc - my vote goes to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    I don't know the answer, but I know that the ferals in our raid are performing like .. well trash .. and top ferals on warcraftlogs or simcraft are performing quite well.
    Pretty gear dependent spec so maybe thats it, not nearly as complex as the MoP rotation though.

Quote Originally Posted by fndrx View Post
    Hi guys,

I am playing Demo WL and Shadow Priest at the moment, because I enjoy difficulty and complexity and I felt like those two ranged classes fit in that category. However I am looking to level also a melee DPS Class now. I am thinking about a Ret Pala , Survival Hunter or DK. What do you think are complex Melee classes with a higher skill cap ?

thanks in advance !
    Ret and DK are very easy/boring to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Pretty gear dependent spec so maybe thats it, not nearly as complex as the MoP rotation though.
    Well one of them is 856 and doing like 130K dps. So I am pretty sure he is doing something wrong besides being slightly undergeared ^^

Have never played feral so no idea about how hard it is / what the rotation is like.