Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't just Ret paladins that have this issue. You need to understand that group leaders get an entire list of players/classes with high ilvl (>863) very, very quickly. With that in mind, why would they accept a seemingly "low" ilvl person when they can get an 870 mage/DH/WW?

Also, denied happens when the group fills up, it is necessarily a conscious "Oh Ret, gtfo of here!"

Now, I agree that a good 863 player without even BiS legendary can be extremely competitive or even the best in a given group but the leader doesn't have that information. He doesn't know your perfect itemization, you perfect legendary, or the fact that you are not one of those rets that barely hit 200k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    If you have 3+ melee then volcanic spawns under melee Did +7 Arcway recently with melee centric group.
    Only sometimes; the healer has it far worse since most of them still spawn on him.
    Did +8 DHT yesterday after the raid with frost-DK and enh-shammy as my co-DDs.
    Our healer had a bad time.

Point of the thread? If you're not satisfied with balance I believe the official forums are the appropriate place to speak about your concerns.

If you're simply complaining you're not getting invited because of whatever the reason might be then I would advise you to form you own group, with your own setup and your own rules.

Stop the leeching

Quote Originally Posted by Nition View Post
    If you're doing keystones with the 2nd affix this week in EU its volcanic. Ranged heavily punished, melee its not really an issue. Doing things like BRH where its an enclosed space, my two ranged friends kept dying to it if they stopped paying attention for 10 seconds.
    Good to know. Maybe I just haven't got far enough in yet. But still I also think some part of the community has the idea that ranged heavy groups are better than melee heavy groups.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Point of the thread? If you're not satisfied with balance I believe the official forums are the appropriate place to speak about your concerns.
    That's how this started in the first place, many ret players spent beta, prelaunch and some time after launch moaning on various forums about how ret was dead, useless at everything, worthless, needed buffs to become viable, etc. And people listened.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vivel View Post
    Are every Ret pally having a hard time getting into a dungeon finder group (mythic+)? i would que up about 20+ group with in 10mins get declined on everyone of them, im 863 ret with my BIS legendaries cloak, almost topping every boss fight with 375k dps and yet i can't get into a damn Dungeon finder group
    You must understand that for example more experienced players, you know, those who tried to get retris to buff their groups for a decade and retris never did cos, well, hard game I guess, those group leaders who had to suffer through retris for years, they will never invite retris as long as there are other classes available. Same kinda goes for hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    One spot is reserved for BL so you actually have upto 40% chance of being picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Deleted
    Since the BL/HC argument is comming up heavily:
    What about just writing in the note, that you have Drums with you?
    I always have some for my premade groups, as we seldom have a mage or shaman.
    Yes, it's 5% less, but c'mon... the Mythic+ difficulties you run with PUGs, that's definetly enough.

I have created a few mythic plus groups as prot and what I usually get in queue is 30 dps instantly signing up and then finally a healer. So, yeah, the problem isn't ret, it's the over representation of dps, I suspect most others classes are having this exact issue.

This is what guilds are for.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwayzer View Post
    I completely disagree, if you're running GJ and you're using crusade during trash packs (like you should be in mythic +) I find our cleave to be very strong and easily compete with other classes, sure its not quite Storm earth and fire with spinning crane kick on every pack but we can definitely pump out the damage when it matters.
    Agreed...I don't know where people are getting bad at x.y.z from. My groups I do with guildies consist of myself, warrior tank, holy pally, and almost always one if not 2 more melee. We do very well and I am top dps on many trash packs and even when I'm not, I'm certainly not far behind. I've never felt like I was holding my group back in anyway and my guildies usually want me to come because they know that I do good damage, my survivability is great, and I simply don't stand in stupid shit.
    Live Streaming TBC Classic - Narikaah/Naarikah Resto Shaman and Resto Druid POV - https://www.twitch.tv/lorelya2

Logs -
    https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/59848781# - RESTO SHAMAN main
    https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/cha...98#bybracket=1 - RESTO DRUID alt

Deleted
    There is nothing wrong with ret's however we are a hit and miss class, we have a lot of people playing ret that are really not playing their class very well and this has a negative impact on peoples opinion on ret. So I can understand that some people just stay clear of it.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fbodyvixen View Post
    Agreed...I don't know where people are getting bad at x.y.z from. My groups I do with guildies consist of myself, warrior tank, holy pally, and almost always one if not 2 more melee. We do very well and I am top dps on many trash packs and even when I'm not, I'm certainly not far behind. I've never felt like I was holding my group back in anyway and my guildies usually want me to come because they know that I do good damage, my survivability is great, and I simply don't stand in stupid shit.
    I agree. Getting the 3rd Gold Dragon and some points in DS damage has boosted my AoE significantly to the point where it is quite strong now. On a trash pack in Maw of Souls mythic+ (lantern mob plus dog pack) I hit 1.9 mil dps and finished the pull on 1.4mil. Ret is quite strong atm if you use your CD's well and time them so they will be up for bosses.

Just got kicked out of Mythic +5 group because I was "half-blue" despite 858 ilvl.
    I've got blue shoulders and hands, because no luck with drops.
    Oh those PuGs...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Just got kicked out of Mythic +5 group because I was "half-blue" despite 858 ilvl.
    I've got blue shoulders and hands, because no luck with drops.
    Oh those PuGs...
    the blues were only a deterrent to the ret hate. Let´s put on our silver helmets of tinfoil and take bloody vengeance. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! fuck i blew my cover... I MEAN: FOR TH EMPEROR! FOR THE MACHINE GOD!

had a similar a while back. I equipped my highest possible ilvl to get an invite and changed in the instance so I can do dmg. Since it was a normal run they were able to afford kicking me.
    Funny part is I out dpsed the other 2 dds from the guild group...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    the blues were only a deterrent to the ret hate. Let´s put on our silver helmets of tinfoil and take bloody vengeance. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! fuck i blew my cover... I MEAN: FOR TH EMPEROR! FOR THE MACHINE GOD!

had a similar a while back. I equipped my highest possible ilvl to get an invite and changed in the instance so I can do dmg. Since it was a normal run they were able to afford kicking me.
    Funny part is I out dpsed the other 2 dds from the guild group...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Only sometimes; the healer has it far worse since most of them still spawn on him.
    Did +8 DHT yesterday after the raid with frost-DK and enh-shammy as my co-DDs.
    Our healer had a bad time.
    It may also depend on the healer. Some healers (Pala, Monk) still count as melee for a few abilities. And volcanic seems to also have a range-check. I was as melee together with a shadow and a hunter, and we tried getting everyone to melee range to test it out. Then those things started to spawn below me, too, and even below the tank.

@ topic: It seems to be quite common for many DDs, not just for Rets. The main problem, in my opinion, is just that keeping up with a second or third spec is punished this addon. While the difference on the main weapon isn't really big when spending a point now and then in other specs, it's still detrimental. So there are even fewer tanks and healers around for content like this. For every healer or tank joining up in the tool when making a group, there seem to be more than 20 dds on average.

Only denied because it's likely that another more reliable spec queued instead. While I plan to play ret on my pally alt, I definitely see myself either going Holy or Prot for Keystone runs.

The most successful groups I've been in typically included a hunter, mage, DH, or WW in group. The least successful groups I've been in typically had a Feral druid, Ret pally, and shadow priest.

If you want to know why you are not getting picked, create a custom group for a hypothetical keystone. Do so in holy spec so that it show 3 dps spots open. Then see how many dps queue up for your group. If you have tank already even without you're likely g to have 30 people sign up within a matter of only a few minutes. It's crazy just how many dps your competing against.
    Just yesterday one of the hunters on my raid team, ilvl 865 BM was complaining that he couldn't find even a mid level mythic group through the group finder even when linking mythic raid boss kills and that he has both a bloodlust pet and a battle rez pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Monzsterr View Post
    I have created a few mythic plus groups as prot and what I usually get in queue is 30 dps instantly signing up and then finally a healer. So, yeah, the problem isn't ret, it's the over representation of dps, I suspect most others classes are having this exact issue.

This is what guilds are for.
    Yep, that how most groups works. Unless your ilvl is very high, you will be competing against 10 other DPS in the queue.

Its not just Ret Pala issue

Deleted
    You can always use drums if you want a BL.. so no need to bring mage/chaman/hunter.