Deleted

Post Elemental trinkets bis list 7.0.3 questions

Hi, i just simed all trinket in both versions : 850 - 880 ilvl.

- Patchwerk situation : imgur(dot)com/ju9f7Xq
    - Addcleave situation : imgur(dot)com/4JOzcTS
    (sorry for links but im not allowed to post for mom...)

Simcraft just contradicts elemental trinkets bis lists from icy-veins or other sites, maybe simcraft doesn't calculate correctly trinkets ? Does anyone have an answer ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KAZUOO View Post

Simcraft just contradicts elemental trinkets bis lists from icy-veins or other sites, maybe simcraft doesn't calculate correctly trinkets ? Does anyone have an answer ?
    The elemental guide on icy veins is in general a mess, so much is inaccurate about it and was apparently made by a shadow priest on beta who hasn't levelled his shaman past 100. The simulation appears accurate although I don't see the arcanocrystal on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    The elemental guide on icy veins is in general a mess.
    I'm agree with you, icy veins is a mess for elementals...
    I don't see the arcanocrystal on it.
    Yeah, i probably miss this trinket, i have no time to add him for moment.

No offense to you or the work you put in, but I hope those sims are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TaliicElemental View Post
    No offense to you or the work you put in, but I hope those sims are wrong.
    In what aspect? Mis on earthshrine had simulations which looked similar. Arcanocrystal, Spiked Tongue, Gnarled Root, Plaguehive and Shock Baton were the best performing trinkets for Ele.

In what aspect? Mis on earthshrine had simulations which looked similar. Arcanocrystal, Spiked Tongue, Gnarled Root, Plaguehive and Shock Baton were the best performing trinkets for Ele.
    because I just got naraxus spiked tongue yesterday, ilvl 850 and it's middle of the pack in these sims when I thought it was one of the best trinkets if not the best. and bough of corruption, the XAVIUS trinket, is the absolute last one in both single target and aoe. Icy veins has that as your bis along with wriggling sinew, which is also dreadfully low in these sims. I know icey veins isn't the best source of knowledge and if these sims are right then this is the understatement of the year. I just don't like when everything i've adapted to and tried to pursue this whole expansion has been wrong.
    Last edited by TaliicElemental; 2016-10-18 at 12:38 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    because I just got naraxus spiked tongue yesterday, ilvl 850 and it's middle of the pack in these sims when I thought it was one of the best trinkets if not the best. and bough of corruption, the XAVIUS trinket, is the absolute last one in both single target and aoe. Icy veins has that as your bis along with wriggling sinew, which is also dreadfully low in these sims. I know icey veins isn't the best source of knowledge and if these sims are right then this is the understatement of the year. I just don't like when everything i've adapted to and tried to pursue this whole expansion has been wrong.
    Not sure if srs? Actually read the sims?

Maybe its just me, but I'm not seeing any links or they are just broken. Can anyone re-link?

Deleted
    I know icey veins isn't the best source of knowledge and if these sims are right then this is the understatement of the year. I just don't like when everything i've adapted to and tried to pursue this whole expansion has been wrong.
    I think "icy veins" write elemental guide on ptr, and just don't edit him because we aren't lot of players on elemental spec ... I started sim again and added arcanocrystal, i post sim later.

Can you post the earthrine sim here ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omnious View Post
    Maybe its just me, but I'm not seeing any links or they are just broken. Can anyone re-link?
    Replace "(dot)" by "."

Replace "(dot)" by "."
    Thank you, I need more coffee this morning.

On a side note, I'd be interested to see how the the 860's compare to the 850's. For example 860 Writ verse 850 baton.
    Last edited by Omnious; 2016-10-18 at 01:38 PM.

Can you post the earthrine sim here ?

https://goo.gl/2E8PdE (by mis from the earthshrine)
    Be careful, on the right side trinkets are just ordered by name! If you mouseover them there respective graph will be highlighted,

edit: as for simc, I think there are some problems with a few trinkets, e.g. spiked tongue seems to sim as if you are always at the 20yard range, and the trinket with the little tornados (twisting winds??) sims as if the tornados always hit, which isn't necessarily the case
    Last edited by Marani; 2016-10-18 at 01:39 PM.

The elemental guide on icy veins is in general a mess, so much is inaccurate about it and was apparently made by a shadow priest on beta who hasn't levelled his shaman past 100. The simulation appears accurate although I don't see the arcanocrystal on it.
    Any of the ones written by Furty are a mess as he barely seems to care anymore if you watch his stream for even a second. I think IV just gave him a list of the specs they had no one voulenteer to write and he just wrote stuff.

This is very distressing to read, my whole life is a lie. ;-;

Do you know a more correct guide for Elemental (not just about gear/trinkets) if the Icy Veins one is considered a "mess"? I would like to check it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    Do you know a more correct guide for Elemental (not just about gear/trinkets) if the Icy Veins one is considered a "mess"? I would like to check it out.
    Not that I'm aware of given the low number of elementals playing at a high level these days. There are a few posts here and there from the likes of Gistwiki on the official forum and notes on earthshrine but thats about all I've seen.
    I've noted some things I consider incorrect on the Icy Veins guide based on what I've read, simmed and personally tested. Feel free if someone wishes to correct me.

Talents:

Level 15: Totem Mastery
    Level 30: Gust of Wind
    Level 45: Lightning Surge Totem
    Level 60: Ancestral Swiftness
    Level 75: Primal Elementalist
    Level 90: Elemental Mastery
    Level 100: Lightning Rod

LR is our best single target talent in most situations except for those requiring a lot of target switching or a burst window.

Traits:

Call the Thunder is our strongest relic trait with an LR build. Firestorm, Earthen Attunement, Lava Imbued and Molten Blast are the other useful traits.

Stats

We shouldn't stack stats on a fixed priority of Crit > Haste > Vers > Mastery as stat values change greatly the more we have of that stat. You should run simcraft to get your stat weights at a particular point of gearing though the actual values appear something close to stacking 3 points of haste for every 4 of crit, having a few pieces of versatility and avoiding mastery though not so much that you're losing ~>10 ilevels worth of stats. For example if like many people you're currently sitting on 30% crit and 20% haste you'll probably find your strongest stat weight to be haste.
    This will obviously also be reflected in your best choice of food, enchants and gems.

Enchants

Choose Mark of the Hidden Satyr as your neck enchant

Trinkets

Mentioned above. There are some truly awful trinkets in Legion, even at 880 they can still be worthless so it's very important to be aware of this. Aim for Arcanocrystal, Spiked Tongue, Gnarled Root, Plaguehive or Shock Baton

Deleted
    Icy veins just edit the trinkets list
    21 Oct. 2016: Added trinket rankings to help with Mythic+ trinket determinations.
    If anyone needs, here is my latest sim with all trinkets :
    Patchwerk style : imgur.com/qfoN2dJ
    Add cleave style : imgur.com/fsPUImZ

Anyone have any feed back on Darkmoon card Hellfire? Binkenstein has it rated fairly high and I was wondering if anyone has had any sims using it. With 7.1 will you be able to upgrade it past 850?

Go to warcraft logs and pull up Ele shaman's. Shock is used by most of the top 850 to 870 shaman's.