Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Either way, she got their money.

I personally never found her even remotely funny. Like many female comedians, she feels she has to up the raunchiness factor in order to compete with men. It's not funny, it just comes across as sad. That being said, it's hilarious that people got so butt hurt about a joke about Trump, that they felt compelled to walk out. People need to stop being thin-skinned pussies. If I were her, I would donate their total ticket value to Hillary's campaign, just to piss them off even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Seriously though, you're going to an unashamedly liberal comedian's show in the year of our Lord Twenty Aught Sixteen and not expecting Trump jokes?
    Sounds like victim blaming to me.

Just because they walked into an area that had a high probability of being exposed to Amy Schumer does not mean they actually deserved to be exposed to Amy Schumer.

Next I'm sure you're just going to say that they were asking for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Kind of weird to talk about sexual assault
    When she has a skit about her commiting sexual assault.

Amy Schumer is shit, but seems that Trumpsters can't handle the bantz.

Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post
    Comedians have been singling out audience members since live comedy shows became a thing. The general rules of public speaking do not apply to comedians. They are entertainers, not politicians.
    Quote Originally Posted by pankind View Post
    stand up comedy is not public speaking. Some stand up comics frequently berate their audience.
    Maybe if it's some small club that the comedy show is at where the performer is practically on eye-level with the audience, can the comedian single people out and have a chat, since it's that close kind of atmosphere. In a large scale show, the most the comedian should really do is poll the audience, like "how many people here are moms?" or something like that where the answer is just how loud the audience cheers/claps.

If I bought tickets to an Amy Schumer show I would expect I wouldn't need to be part of the comedy, since it's expected she can be entertaining on her own. You'd assume her having a TV show would make her good at monologues that wouldn't require any interaction. But being pulled up on stage, in front of a big crowd, and getting picked apart really is inappropriate and the blame falls on the comedian.

So, yes, there are still certain rules you have to adhere to for any performance and I wouldn't be surprised if Amy Schumer got sued.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    There are normal people that are Trump supporters.
    Nah. Anyone who 'supports' him, for any reason at all, is clearly and irrevocably suffering from at least one major mental illness.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    When she has a skit about her commiting sexual assault.
    Was she pretending to be Donald Trump?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

You should see the preview for Wednesdays episode.
    Wish I could. Southpark is blocked here unless I am using a VPN. Teaching English in China. Can't stream many videos consistently. Hard to just watch, but dear god what I am seeing... lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awwwwww...Did they get their feelings hurt?

Show me where the dirty liberal touched you....
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    It was out of a show of like 20,000. Full arena thing.
    Not quite.
    According to herself, 8400 remained in the venue.
    So, the attendance was about 8600.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Silly me, I forgot. The insult is directed at a Conservative so it's completely A-OK!
    No, he is talking about the Trump from the 90s, when he was a liberal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    You'll be surprised what the media does to prop up their agenda pieces.
    A comedian whose nude performance picture hangs on the comedy cellar celebrity wall, is an agenda piece? Some levity dude...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Not quite.
    According to herself, 8400 remained in the venue.
    So, the attendance was about 8600.
    I walked out of a Pearl Jam's home come coming/end of tour in Key Arena 15 years ago. Because their sucking infringed on my political views.

I actually saw them live a few years before, when they brought out boxes representing Ken Starr research from the Clinton impeachment hearings. Now that was political... thin skin...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Making a stand up routine serious didn't work out well for Kramer either, and it's the wrong time to impose political agendas.

Deleted
    She's not very good, but Trumpers walking out on something like this is pretty funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do people actually think Amy Schumer is funny?
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

So people go to a comedy show, and the comedian (regardless of your opinion of her) picks on someone and something that any comedian worth their salt would discuss and people get so butt hurt over it and cause such a scene that the comedian feels the need to offer for them to leave?

Comedians routinely get heckled and booed, it's part of what they do, so I would assume that they're pretty used to it (based on watching dozens of live shows and quite a few interviews discussing). The fact that she felt the need to ask them to leave, says more about the crowd than it does her IMO.

I think she's a shitty comedian too, but I also won't pay money to see her....then boo her so bad on a topic I would EXPECT her to discuss that I was asked to leave, that's just stupid.

So 200 people at the event and a bunch of people in this thread got triggered.

Alright, I guess that's newsworthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Do people actually think Amy Schumer is funny?
    Seems like a lot do.

She's the fourth highest paid comedian in 2015.
    And she has a show either tonight or tomorrow at Madison Square Garden. Something not many comedians pulled off yet.

Kevin Hart And Amy Schumer: The New King And Queen Of Comedy

Now humor/comedy is a matter of personal preference, and Schumer isn't my cup of tea.
    But she's without a doubt very popular and successful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Making a stand up routine serious didn't work out well for Kramer either, and it's the wrong time to impose political agendas.
    I guess youve never seen George Carlin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I guess youve never seen George Carlin.
    or Lewis Black, Bill Maher, Whoopie Goldberg etc. etc..

Most recent Black show:

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    or Lewis Black, Bill Maher, Whoopie Goldberg etc. etc..

Most recent Black show:
    Yes.

People who complain about politics getting mixed in with comedy, don't know the history of comedy since, like, ever