Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Honestly, I agree in terms of the shows where only people in the trade really get to go. But PAX is fantastic. This years PAX East and West were phenomenal as a consumer.
    I have to go to Pax Prime every year. It used to be cool, now it's just a giant circle jerk between twitch, youtube and indy developers and it's pretty cringe.

When it was about indy and other smaller games showing cool ideas I liked it. Now it's all about trying to woo some big streamer or uploader into playing your game for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    This is a ridiculous statement. Rockstar is one of the most successful developers in the world. Of course they can do whatever they want in regards to GTA and Red Dead, but that influence was built up over many years. Also, a big part of Rockstar's rise initially was how the media clamored over every controversial topic in GTA 3.
    Then people played GTA and realized it was crazy good. Most games don't have controversy or click baity themes to pull people in initially.

Just because someone successful has enough influence to release shit without talking about it doesn't mean that everyone else can do such a thing. You're basically saying that marketing and advertisement doesn't mean shit to game sales which is honestly quite idiotic.
    You act like Rockstar was only like this after their success when they've always been like this and proven it works. Nice try. Rockstar has ignored the e3s on the world even way back in the PS2 days. Because they know what they are- a giant waste of money. Shit loads of marketing budgets blown on these events that really only capture the eyes of the core gamers. Of the 65 million people that own GTAV I doubt 10% of them regularly watch trade show streams.

If you really think those 200k viewers for the twitch e3 stream is going to sell a game like word of mouth or advertisements on ESPN during monday night football then you're delusional. They're gigantic waste of money and resources. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy a hype ass e3 conference like Sony 2015, but that shit is just fluff and not make or breaking anything. Shenmue 3 isn't going to magically sell millions of copies because it was on the e3 stage and FFVII Remake would sell millions if they announced and released it on the same day. They're worthless and wasteful in the grand scheme of things.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-10-18 at 02:40 AM.

I hope its red dead redemption on the PC. Is there any other good western games on the PC? I would prefer a game that had colt walker 44s and henry rifles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I have to go to Pax Prime every year. It used to be cool, now it's just a giant circle jerk between twitch, youtube and indy developers and it's pretty cringe.

When it was about indy and other smaller games showing cool ideas I liked it. Now it's all about trying to woo some big streamer or uploader into playing your game for you.

- - - Updated - - -

You act like Rockstar was only like this after their success when they've always been like this and proven it works. Nice try. Rockstar has ignored the e3s on the world even way back in the PS2 days. Because they know what they are- a giant waste of money. Shit loads of marketing budgets blown on these events that really only capture the eyes of the core gamers. Of the 65 million people that own GTAV I doubt 10% of them regularly watch trade show streams.

If you really think those 200k viewers for the twitch e3 stream is going to sell a game like word of mouth or advertisements on ESPN during monday night football then you're delusional. They're gigantic waste of money and resources. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy a hype ass e3 conference like Sony 2015, but that shit is just fluff and not make or breaking anything. Shenmue 3 isn't going to magically sell millions of copies because it was on the e3 stage and FFVII Remake would sell millions if they announced and released it on the same day. They're worthless and wasteful in the grand scheme of things.
    Yes, let's act like the exception is the rule GTA had controversy, so they had people talking about their game even if they barely ever showed it off.

As for E3 streams, do you not understand that E3 creates word of mouth? Nerds like us watch it and talk about the games we saw that are exciting. Publications like USA Today also watch E3 and make articles on it. As for your Shenmue 3 example, nothing is going to make that game sell millions of copies. It is a sequel to a game that many gamers today have not played and your average consumer likely hasn't even heard of. Just because E3 can't remedy that doesn't mean it isn't worth it.

I'm not saying that E3 makes or breaks a game or that every developer needs to go to E3 or they will bomb. But to say that E3 is worthless is an absolutely ridiculous statement. One that you cannot even really prove outside of a few special exceptions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I hope its red dead redemption on the PC. Is there any other good western games on the PC? I would prefer a game that had colt walker 44s and henry rifles.
    Never played it myself but I've always heard Gun was a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    If it has anything to do with Read Dead Redemption & PC I'll be walking awkwardly for days if not weeks.
    I think read and heard form Neebs Gaming that they were rumors that it was going to be another Red Dead game.
    It was in high demand, they wanted to work on a new one, and the content for GTA is currently between Major DLC cycles, so that have time to begin the project, and it seems a lot of the PR and Marketing teams from RockStar are going to all sorts of places for some reason for other "Rockstar" related events.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Just because E3 can't remedy that doesn't mean it isn't worth it.
    Actually it does. If e3 stage time isn't making more or less copies sell it is the exact definition of a waste of marketing dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I don't know about the guns, but Call of Juarez: Gunslinger was a pretty good game that got overlooked by many people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Actually it does. If e3 stage time isn't making more or less copies sell it is the exact definition of a waste of marketing dollars.
    I suppose you have a way to prove that it doesn't? E3 will not turn a game that will never be a hit into a hit, but it surely generates more sales. Do either of us know the exact amount of sales E3 generates for games? Nope, but I'll take the professional marketing team's decision to spend large amounts of money on E3 over your baseless speculation that it's worthless.

Officially announced
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-10-18 at 01:07 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    noice.

Red Dead Redemption 2 will release worldwide in Fall 2017 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One systems.

An epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland, the game's vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.

Watch the Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer at 11AM Eastern on Thursday, October 20th here on Facebook, at rockstargames.com, as well at the official Rockstar Games YouTube and Twitch pages.
    http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/

now the question for a mod is, do we rename this thread to "[Megathread] Red Dead Redemption 2" or should I make a new one?
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2016-10-18 at 01:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Red Dead, but the beginning felt dragged on and slow... so did GTA 5s. I hope they fix the pacing of the early game so its more fun early on.

Also PLEASE NO SHITTY ONLINE, PLEASE NO!

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I liked Red Dead, but the beginning felt dragged on and slow... so did GTA 5s. I hope they fix the pacing of the early game so its more fun early on.

They are making an insane amount of money with GTA Online so I'm sure online (with micro-transactions) will be a HUGE part of Red Dead 2
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

And no PC version in sight. Guess I saved that money!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
    They are making an insane amount of money with GTA Online so I'm sure online (with micro-transactions) will be a HUGE part of Red Dead 2
    IT BETTER BE GOOD ONLINE!

I didnt like GTA online... it sucked

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    And no PC version in sight. Guess I saved that money!
    I doubt a PC version isn't in the pipeline, they'll want to do what they did with GTAV and release the same game twice if they can since it obviously worked out for them.

Deleted
    I registered this account just to say that people posting in these forums will argue about literally anything.

I mean, it's always funny to read. But bloody hell.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

Bad news for ya
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/...ed-dead-online

Rockstar has so far been in total control of the flow of information about its seemingly about-to-be-announced new Red Dead project, but today marks the first time info has appeared to have leaked regarding what might be in store.

Noticed by Twitter user Bill Wright, Rockstar parent company Take-Two has registered the domain name RedDeadOnline.com, which currently redirects to the Rockstar Newswire post featuring yesterday's second teaser image.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Noiiiiiiiccccceeeeeee!!!!!

I finally have a reason to turn the PS4 back on!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I always preferred RDR's multiplayer over GTA 4s, so hopefully RDR2 will take the lessons from GTA5 and make it even better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hype. As. Shit.

Deleted
    nice. looking forward to it, though I never finished the first one haha