Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Yes, exactly what normal people ask about the BM crowd. What's so damned appealing about a virtual fuzzy wuzzy that they'll go miles from reality to defend it?
    I play both specs. MM is main spec on my main hunter, but I have 3 hunters and one is BM main spec.

I 'don't go miles from reality to defend it'. I was citing simple facts above. World #2 ran a BM on their 3rd clear, and world #4 ran one on their progression kill.

I personally don't actually really like either spec, but I am a hunter and play what Bliz gives me.

They have quite different strengths and weaknesses. And, relevant to the OP, as I said above, it is my opinion/observation that many 'average' hunters play MM poorly and would contribute more to their raid team in BM spec (more damage and better mechanics)
    Last edited by silverstarzs; 2016-10-17 at 01:20 PM.

Emphasis mine, you can't make this stuff up.
    Since originally hunter was ranged, traps and pets, MM is out of the race with only ranged, so the race is between SV and BM. SV is pets and traps, BM is pets and ranged. So BM wins, because I'm not going to trigger all the other hunters by saying that SV is the closest spec to original WoW hunter (it is).

Truth be told, I've seen many BMs being up there in HC Nightmare, pulling their weight and such, I wouldn't be suprised if Blizzard would buff them enough for them to be the top pick in next tier. Good damage all around, ST can be high if you aren't one of the guys who goes Stampede on Ursoc.

ITT think they are better than other people because how they choose to play a video game.

A decent guild will accept BM. Since you are just now looking it is safe to say you are not racing for world firsts and therefore the whole MM > BM point is moot anyways. But seriously, the whole MM vs BM vs survival argument is old. All three are viable unless you are trying to compete for world firsts or high log ranks (which you can just compete by spec anyways).

Emphasis mine, you can't make this stuff up.
    Dude, what you do now is literally foaming at the mouth by yourself. Irony much?

I repeat my question. What's wrong in people wanting to play the actual hunter - instead of being forced into a mage with the bow?
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

BM needs changes/buffs to be raid viable. A simple solution would be to make blink strikes a passive baseline talent. This would give BM solid cleave on 2-3 target fights, improve target swapping and slightly increase single target damage. BM would still be middle of the pack even with this buff, way behind something like a fire mage.
    With so many players heavily invested in BM for Mythic + including myself it would actually give us the option to consider raid content. Just feels kinda bad to never even have the option to mythic raid as a spec that was top tier in previous xpacs.
    Last edited by zoned; 2016-10-17 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gereorth666 View Post
    Sure you do. You need crits from your autoshots to proc a Dire Beast. More Dire Beasts means you'll be using more Bestial Wrath.

Keep on raiding heroic m8.

Quote Originally Posted by zoned View Post
    BM needs changes/buffs to be raid viable. A simple solution would be to make blink strikes a passive baseline talent. This would give BM solid cleave on 2-3 target fights, improve target swapping and slightly increase single target damage. BM would still be middle of the pack even with this buff, way behind something like a fire mage.
    With so many players heavily invested in BM for Mythic + including myself it would actually give us the option to consider raid content. Just feels kinda bad to never even have the option to mythic raid as a spec that was top tier in previous xpacs.
    You actually can consider raid content...right now!

If you just show up and not stand in fire, average guilds will carry you.

MM doesnt seem hard and to some extend it might be more fun than bm but i might be noob with mm who knows , im still not sure where to invest my AP

Can someone explain me this? its from icy vains:

It is important not to fall for the temptation of using Sidewinders when you have no Marking Targets active, unless you are doing it to prevent it from reaching 2 charges. You do not want to have a Marking Targets Icon Marking Targets proc at a crucial moment in the fight, and then not be able to use it because Sidewinders Icon Sidewinders is on cooldown.

I currently use sidewinders to apply vulnerable to my target , am i noob doing that? should i use something else? the rotation looks fairly simple to me

Sidewinders->2x aimed shot and marked shot if proced and windburst first ofc ->repeat
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2016-10-17 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    MM doesnt seem hard and to some extend it might be more fun than bm but i might be noob with mm who knows , im still not sure where to invest my AP

Can someone explain me this? its from icy vains:

It is important not to fall for the temptation of using Sidewinders when you have no Marking Targets active, unless you are doing it to prevent it from reaching 2 charges. You do not want to have a Marking Targets Icon Marking Targets proc at a crucial moment in the fight, and then not be able to use it because Sidewinders Icon Sidewinders is on cooldown.

I currently use sidewinders to apply vulnerable to my target , am i noob doing that? should i use something else? the rotation looks fairly simple to me

Sidewinders->2x aimed shot and marked shot if proced and windburst first ofc ->repeat

Yeah, what they are saying is use sidewinders when you don't have vuln on the target already and there is a proc. If there is NOT a proc, the only time to use sidewinders is at 2 stacks because at that point if you are energy starved you are just wasting it.

From what I have read the rotation (bases on procs) goes

Sidewinders > Aimed Shot x1 > Marked shot > ASx2 and repeat

The reason you dont do 2 AS after the first sidewinder is it cuts it close to get marked shot in the vuln window.

I am not a MM expert so someone can tell me if I am wrong.

Well , i dont have much of a choice since i still lack gear and enough ap researches , i have to focus on mythics+ now and i think for dungeons bm is far better , the initial burst is so much that even if you are severely undergeared it may appear like you are pulling decent dps , this way i managed to complete several mythics below 800 ilvl after i dinged to 110 , i also think that bm is probably not that terrible for raids due to mobility , alot of fights require moving and i see mm having trouble on those fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoned View Post
    But it is raid viable already.
    In the top 5 highest simming hunters, 3 out of 5 are bm.
    Saying it is not is silly.
    With just some luck on boots and jim trinket im beating all the marks hunters on my server for example.
    Last edited by Ettan; 2016-10-17 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    But it is raid viable already.
    In the top 5 highest simming hunters, 3 out of 5 are bm.
    Saying it is not is silly.
    Yeah because Wowprogress simulations have everything to do with raid viability.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    BM is viable. Unless you're in a top 100 guild, play what you want.

sometimes I think a dictionary definition of 'viable' ought to be stickied at the top of this forum

I really dislike how MM is designed, sidewinders being a focus generator but you kinda need to wait on pressing it for a proc is just yuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well-played and decently geared, BM is absolutely a viable spec.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Dude, what you do now is literally foaming at the mouth by yourself. Irony much?
    "I don't understand what the other person said, so I'll accuse them of doing it!" Back to Tumblr with you!

I don't see how anyone could read what I wrote and not realize I'm laughing at how the uber-serious BM types act... especially since so many butthurt ones in this thread are providing fine examples. Hell, my signature graphic is to laugh at spec cultists.

Every time BM isn't on top, there's thread after thread, post after post of "Confirm to me that it's ok to be BM for X!" When people reasonably point out that no, math doesn't support that, there's a crowd that goes apeshit about it. The thread isn't even about how the specs feel or such, yet that got dragged in exactly like I said. Also included were accusations that people were morally bad if they didn't take BMs, and no true Scotsman... er hunter plays anything but BM.

Want to play BM? GO FOR IT. Want us to tell you, lol just kidding BM iz da best? Sorry, not until the math says so, regardless of how much butthurt there is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

BM is viable just not optimal. You can find people to raid with that don't care about what is the most optimal comp out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

Keep on raiding heroic m8.
    Instead of saying stuff like that, just give some information on what's wrong about it. I'm just sharing my thoughts.