Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ah, must have overlooked that.

I would be so happy if Shattering Strikes got buffed to be better than Icy Talons at least on single target.
    I hate machine gun build with a passion, too bad it does highest dps compared to other talents...

Quote Originally Posted by zvr View Post
    I would be so happy if Shattering Strikes got buffed to be better than Icy Talons at least on single target.
    I hate machine gun build with a passion, too bad it does highest dps compared to other talents...
    its really weird, i feel like we could need our old meleehaste back, but also want mastery for flat out damage to everything with that spec, but also need crit lol, cant have it all :/

As an unholy death knight I want a couple of things
    1. Death coil damage buff
    2. Lower gcd
    3. Less rng with wounds

However there is not a fourth item on my list that says "4. I need to be doing more damage than Frost death knights"

So if they buff frost to be better than unholy I am fine with it. Leveling a second artifact is way way way easier than rerolling, leveling, doing all the artifact research and grinding all the reputations and what not.

Buffing frost doesn't make me any worse than before. Does not lower my damage. In fact it gives me an easier option.

I want buffs for both unholy and frost but I don't mind the better spec to change.

Quote Originally Posted by ScreddyLoix View Post
    I dont know if the current frost iteration will ever be a top tier spec. Your icy touch stacks fall off on every boss mechanic.

Which is why I go Shatterinng Strikes. The DPS difference between Icy and Shattering is not that large and the function of shattering provides a defense against shit mechanics. Further if you build heavy into Mastery then Frost Strike can hit like a truck (500-600k range).

Quote Originally Posted by Warpwolf View Post
    Which is why I go Shatterinng Strikes. The DPS difference between Icy and Shattering is not that large and the function of shattering provides a defense against shit mechanics. Further if you build heavy into Mastery then Frost Strike can hit like a truck (500-600k range).
    The main reason you use icy touch is because auto attack can proc killing machine...

Quote Originally Posted by Dahti View Post
    The main reason you use icy touch is because auto attack can proc killing machine...
    I know that. It also generates more Frozen Pulse. But based on sims I believe its only %5-7 better then Shattering Strike and thats on pure Patchwerk fights. Instant you introduce any kind of movement I feel it evens out.

I hope both Frost and UH gets rather even dps wise, so people actually can pick the spec they enjoy most, and not what performs best.

Sure the top 200 players will always go for the spec that is best, even if it is a 0.5% increase over the other. But for us more "casual", that are progressing in Mythic now, it would be nice to have a choice, instead of "omg u play frost? Benched."
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but the blue could be just referring to the upcoming Frozen Pulse change in 7.1.

I hope I'm wrong, but guess we'll find out when the new PTR build is pushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Not to burst anyone's bubble, but the blue could be just referring to the upcoming Frozen Pulse change in 7.1.

I hope I'm wrong, but guess we'll find out when the new PTR build is pushed.
    that is known since a long time though that cant be all, right?

frost is okay, im always in the first dps but hunt mage and others big burst class are better just because of a strating burst, the only prob with the frost dk is only the no burst land they have, removing the army of death withotu giving a starting burst like the majority of class was the worst idea ever

Honestly numbers wise I honestly almost don't give a shit about anymore. This lack of decent mobility is really pissing me off with this class. it was fine when there weren't many mechanics in fights. However there's too many mechanics to be this bad mobility wise.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Honestly numbers wise I honestly almost don't give a shit about anymore. This lack of decent mobility is really pissing me off with this class. it was fine when there weren't many mechanics in fights. However there's too many mechanics to be this bad mobility wise.
    We all know that feel bro. For me personally, the return of Unholy Presence's 15% passive movement speed would be great (for BOTH specs). Me and Wraith Walk have also become much better friends since I got the glyph, but the fact that it is on the GCD sometimes ruins me. These two simple fixes would make me a very happy dps DK.

I just hope that both Unh/Frost gets a good place now. I really wish I could play both specs as I enjoy both of these specs more than any other melee DPS spec and the fact that we actually have different dps builds based on talents chosen makes it even more fun for me, where as some other dps classes only have a single cookie-cutter build which I find very boring.

Wouldn't mind seeing some buffs for our Blood brothers as well, or at least a fix to Bone Shield stacks being consumed on insignificant damage.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    frost is okay, im always in the first dps but hunt mage and others big burst class are better just because of a strating burst, the only prob with the frost dk is only the no burst land they have, removing the army of death withotu giving a starting burst like the majority of class was the worst idea ever
    Frost is far from ok, simply because your raid group is bad and can't do decent dps, doesn't make it an ok dps spec. No matter how sad that is.

Both specs are about low-medium range, with frost being the worst of the two.

I have no problems as UH to keep a high dps in HC EN, as long as the bosses die quick enough. But even with the legendary bracers I just feel in such a bad spot compared to others in my raid group.

We'll see what happens after 7.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

For some crazy reason we have 2 Frost DK's. We're always near the top. This fight especially since tons of cleave, which Frost by far excels at.

I can't post links, but check warcraftlogs, search for Shar Hellven, and check our raid yesterday. You will see me at nearly the top almost every fight. I had one low one but I had to hop away from PC for an emergency for a moment and died early.

Quote Originally Posted by Warpwolf View Post
    I know that. It also generates more Frozen Pulse. But based on sims I believe its only %5-7 better then Shattering Strike and thats on pure Patchwerk fights. Instant you introduce any kind of movement I feel it evens out.
    Are you talking single target? Cleave/aoe icy touch will pull further ahead...

Quote Originally Posted by Griefhookie View Post
    Last buff was poorly conceived, I hope they do better this time around.

I am fine with one being a little better than the other, just as long as the specs scale well and have a chance to be at the top 5 damage done in any boss fight. I don't like putting the same level of effort in as others, and not be as viable.

- - - Updated - - -

Unholy has not being doing fine. Please check out the log sites for details. Unholy on all fights is doing around 70%-80% of the damage of the top dpsers on raid content. But I am doing fine in my raid, is a poor choice of words when facts are available.
    Do you guys really think Blizzard is ever going to be able to get every single DPS spec in the game all doing the exact same amount of damage so every spec is "on top" at the same time? It's entirely unrealistic. There will always be a spread. Sometimes your class will be on one end of the spectrum, sometimes it will be on the other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melassan View Post
    For some crazy reason we have 2 Frost DK's. We're always near the top. This fight especially since tons of cleave, which Frost by far excels at.

I can't post links, but check warcraftlogs, search for Shar Hellven, and check our raid yesterday. You will see me at nearly the top almost every fight. I had one low one but I had to hop away from PC for an emergency for a moment and died early.
    On Ursoc the DK that managed to stay alive managed to pull quite the same dps as the ret and the mage, meanwhile the Frost DK Rank is at 73% (medicore) and the ret/mage Rank is 47%-49% (quite flawed).

Please tell me how you come to the conclusion Frost dks are doing fine?

Deleted
    i hope they buff the artifact ability the crystaline swords, its complete trash. does about 3% of our dps, i hope that gets buffed, and reduce sindragosa cooldown to 3mins

Holy shit, Blizzard actually addressed DKs.