Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CataclismicSunrise View Post
    I will NOT, as in I REFUSE to list items on the auction based on the price some mod, or the community, tells me to list an item for. I will ONLY ever list an item for what I feel it is worth. If I see you selling a stack of 200 copper ore for 400g? Fuck off, I wouldn't pay that amount, I'm listing it for something REASONABLE, something I would pay for. If that undervuts your greed, then too bad. I have no need for profit in a fictional world.
    Better than what I've witnessed world-ranked mythic guilds do...
    If an item doesn't sell within 2 or 3 attempts on the AH, it gets vendored or DE'd.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

I will NOT, as in I REFUSE to list items on the auction based on the price some mod, or the community, tells me to list an item for. I will ONLY ever list an item for what I feel it is worth. If I see you selling a stack of 200 copper ore for 400g? Fuck off, I wouldn't pay that amount, I'm listing it for something REASONABLE, something I would pay for. If that undervuts your greed, then too bad. I have no need for profit in a fictional world.
    You do realise that this "fictional world" is about as real as your credit card money inside a bank? I know that some think that it is a bit of a stretch, but consider this - 1000g is about 0.1$ (10 US cents) if you sell it to a gold trader. Might be more, depending on a region and server you play on, but that is beside the point. A real world bank, when it comes to operating credit cards and electronic money in general only has 10% of its value in reserve (by US law). Therefore 90% of your credit card is virtual. You buy stuff to eat with virtual currency. You pay your bills with virtual currency. You earn virtual currency. It is basically the same as WoW gold - it to is virtual and you can convert it to real value (food, drink, electricity bill, etc.) if you want to.
    The approach that you follow, i.e. selling for how much you think an item is worth, is harmful to game economy in general. What do you think will happen if UAE would start selling oil at barely above production costs because they feel like it? US is going to be bombing them in a matter of 24 to 48 hours. Why? Because there is more to it than just "feel". Entire states like North Dakota are going to go bankrupt, severely damaging whole US economy. All that because someone "felt" like their price is better. Do I need to elaborate this further, or you do get what I am saying?
    More so, When it comes to WoW, by undercutting all you do is feed AH bots. In 99% of cases, your item will not reach a real player. Bots will instantly trigger and resell your item at a much higher price. So basically, you are robbing yourself, not doing anything for others, and feeding Auction House bots. Botting then becomes more profitable and you see even more of them. And the circle continues.
    IMO
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2016-10-18 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    The actual material cost of the flasks is whatever the crystal vial costs to purchase. The herbs can all be farmed up for free. People undercutting by a huge margin are making a fairly large quick profit on their effort. No one is actually spending 2K to buy the mats to make a flask and then selling the flask for 1.8K. Don't be rediculous.
    People thinking that farming is "Free" has netted me millions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    And since this also annoys people that have been calling me stupid for as long as I can remember, I obviously will continue to stupidly undercut the way I always have been.

And yes, the fact that this annoys you is a major plus for me
    Did you just casually reveal you're a sociopath? Stop enjoying the act of annoying others, its quite disturbing to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    Did you just casually reveal you're a sociopath? Stop enjoying the act of annoying others, its quite disturbing to everyone else.
    I bet you felt super smart typing this out.

You shouldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpymuppet View Post
    You are a real hero, god damn i wasted so much time getting 600 starlight roses out of my mailbox one by one.

I also put on the price which I think is reasonble for me and my time spend on it. I have a market going on with making potions. I only farm Starlight Roses and buy fox/fjarn from the AH. Then combine them into pots, see what I spend and calculate a good profit from it. I do not care if potions are 2k at that point. Like this dude said, you can always buy mine and sell them for the outright dumb price you decided to put them on. This is how economic works btw

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely nothing in common with economics? Then you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. And before you jump in any defends ... if you say words like "nothing" and "everything" you are 99% wrong of the time already without even starting the discussion.
    you see right. I have to put it bluntly, and I don't mean to offend anyone by saying this.

But it's really that simple.

All those people who hate people "undercutting like idiots" so to speak. They are just bitter. Because we are "spoiling" their market.

What they just fail to understand is that it was NEVER "their" market in the first place. It is everyone's market.

They forgot about the basic rule of trading. Willing Buyer. Willing Seller.

In the undercutters' point of view. Willing Seller.

Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    You do realise that this "fictional world" is about as real as your credit card money inside a bank? I know that some think that it is a bit of a stretch, but consider this - 1000g is about 0.1$ (10 US cents) if you sell it to a gold trader. Might be more, depending on a region and server you play on, but that is beside the point. A real world bank, when it comes to operating credit cards and electronic money in general only has 10% of its value in reserve (by US law). Therefore 90% of your credit card is virtual. You buy stuff to eat with virtual currency. You pay your bills with virtual currency. You earn virtual currency. It is basically the same as WoW gold - it to is virtual and you can convert it to real value (food, drink, electricity bill, etc.) if you want to.
    The approach that you follow, i.e. selling for how much you think an item is worth, is harmful to game economy in general. What do you think will happen if UAE would start selling oil at barely above production costs because they feel like it? US is going to be bombing them in a matter of 24 to 48 hours. Why? Because there is more to it than just "feel". Entire states like North Dakota are going to go bankrupt, severely damaging whole US economy. All that because someone "felt" like their price is better. Do I need to elaborate this further, or you do get what I am saying?
    More so, When it comes to WoW, by undercutting all you do is feed AH bots. In 99% of cases, your item will not reach a real player. Bots will instantly trigger and resell your item at a much higher price. So basically, you are robbing yourself, not doing anything for others, and feeding Auction House bots. Botting then becomes more profitable and you see even more of them. And the circle continues.
    IMO
    First of all: I don't have a credit card. Secondly: Yes, all currency is invented. And thirdly: It's an AUCTION, I don't give a shit and it has nothing to do with any economies fictional or otherwise. You tit.

In fact, this thread has filled me with new resolve. I will now, purposefully, undercut all of your auctions by a single copper in single stacks.
    Last edited by CataclismicSunrise; 2016-10-19 at 12:33 AM.

First of all: I don't have a credit card. Secondly: Yes, all currency is invented. And thirdly: It's an AUCTION, I don't give a shit and it has nothing to do with any economies fictional or otherwise. You tit.

In fact, this thread has filled me with new resolve. I will now, purposefully, undercut all of your auctions by a single copper in single stacks.
    In your simplicity, you fail to understand that THIS approach is basically what most people are asking for. By all means, undercut all my auctions by 1 copper. I, and every other user will only be happy to see this. What we are asking is only that people not posting items at 50% of the current price - this only serves to feed bots that are triggered by this price difference. But if people undercut by negligible amounts I, and probably any other person that frequents auctions, have literally no problems with that. We do not care if our lots will be sold in a day instead of almost instantly.
    By the way, auction, fictional or otherwise is basically a part of definition of an economy. Should I add "you tit" here? Not sure. this attempt of an insult is lost to me.
    Oh, and I assume that you pay for your WoW account in gold nuggets. I mean almost every other currency is virtual (including paper money), so... Unless you are underage (or mentally disabled) to have credit or debit cards and your relatives paid those bills, that leaves only good ol' fashioned barter exchange.
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2016-10-19 at 02:49 AM.

Deleted
    There is no reason to not undercut by a huge amount.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never understand why AH moguls can't comprehend this.

Not Everybody Has A Grasp Of Economics As Defined By WoW

until a couple years ago I WAS one of these undercutters. I'd take the hit to potential gold- that neither existed yet and couldn't be spent and walk away with less then I could of gotten. Because it was there and immediate. I'd never sit there and go "well gee considering the buying patterns over the past week, the time, date and the state of X/Y/Z all compiled by my addon I could sell my item for X" Instead I'd go "huh, some guy is selling for 5k, I could get 4.5 right now, score!" People are going to take the quick buck because it's QUICK that's all
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Sky Golems going for 100k, same 5 of them sitting there forever.

Made one. Posted it at 95k. Came back, everyone was at 94.999k.

Posted it at 90k. Came back, everyone was at 89.999k.

Posted it at 85k. Came back, everyone was at 84.999k.

Posted it at 80k. Came back, got 80k - AH cut in the mail. Only two others left.

YOU PEOPLE SHOULD THANK ME. I sold your goddamn mounts for you. Also, I don't know about you, but I slowly but surely make living steel on my own (2 alchemists, the other spends her time transmuting primal mana to fire), and my material cost is maybe 5k. I will take 93% profit even if I could have had 95% profit.

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    I'd never sit there and go "well gee considering the buying patterns over the past week, the time, date and the state of X/Y/Z all compiled by my addon I could sell my item for X" Instead I'd go "huh, some guy is selling for 5k, I could get 4.5 right now, score!" People are going to take the quick buck because it's QUICK that's all
    Listing resale items is a permanent (as far as I can tell these days) part of my gameplay. I have about 4.5M of mostly tmog gear. I am happy to relist those 10k+ items for the next year or 5 years. I will make plenty of gold on them when they sell whether it's tomorrow or 2020. So I have plenty of patience in that regard.

On the other hand, when you have items that should be selling quickly, and they're not, then it's time for a pricing change.

I used to have "clearance sales." I have TSM set up so that I can reduce prices across the board by X% if I feel like it. Haven't needed to in a while but I can sell my inventory for quite a bit less than its normal price and still be happy, and still have I dunno 10M or 20M or ??? of inventory in vaults.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    Sky Golems going for 100k, same 5 of them sitting there forever.

Made one. Posted it at 95k. Came back, everyone was at 94.999k.

Posted it at 90k. Came back, everyone was at 89.999k.

Posted it at 85k. Came back, everyone was at 84.999k.

Posted it at 80k. Came back, got 80k - AH cut in the mail. Only two others left.

YOU PEOPLE SHOULD THANK ME. I sold your goddamn mounts for you. Also, I don't know about you, but I slowly but surely make living steel on my own (2 alchemists, the other spends her time transmuting primal mana to fire), and my material cost is maybe 5k. I will take 93% profit even if I could have had 95% profit.

Listing resale items is a permanent (as far as I can tell these days) part of my gameplay. I have about 4.5M of mostly tmog gear. I am happy to relist those 10k+ items for the next year or 5 years. I will make plenty of gold on them when they sell whether it's tomorrow or 2020. So I have plenty of patience in that regard.

On the other hand, when you have items that should be selling quickly, and they're not, then it's time for a pricing change.

I used to have "clearance sales." I have TSM set up so that I can reduce prices across the board by X% if I feel like it. Haven't needed to in a while but I can sell my inventory for quite a bit less than its normal price and still be happy, and still have I dunno 10M or 20M or ??? of inventory in vaults.
    Good on you for having patience. The vast majority of people who will drastically undercut do not. They want gold NOW now the idea of more later. Why this is a hard thing to grasp will never fail to confound me
    Wrath baby and proud of it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    Those prices were completely typical for the early weeks of MoP and Cata when crystals were very scarce. They weren't nearly as scarce in WoD. You got spoilt.
    Early weeks... It's been six now.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Early weeks... It's been six now.
    These are early weeks. Still. You should be glad that the expansion isn't over yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftshadow View Post
    you see right. I have to put it bluntly, and I don't mean to offend anyone by saying this.

But it's really that simple.

All those people who hate people "undercutting like idiots" so to speak. They are just bitter. Because we are "spoiling" their market.

What they just fail to understand is that it was NEVER "their" market in the first place. It is everyone's market.

They forgot about the basic rule of trading. Willing Buyer. Willing Seller.

In the undercutters' point of view. Willing Seller.

Simple.
    Yeh, I bet they don't complain when a new online-shop sells their precious Iphone for 200 euro less then the normal market value.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    In your simplicity, you fail to understand that THIS approach is basically what most people are asking for. By all means, undercut all my auctions by 1 copper. I, and every other user will only be happy to see this. What we are asking is only that people not posting items at 50% of the current price - this only serves to feed bots that are triggered by this price difference. But if people undercut by negligible amounts I, and probably any other person that frequents auctions, have literally no problems with that. We do not care if our lots will be sold in a day instead of almost instantly.
    By the way, auction, fictional or otherwise is basically a part of definition of an economy. Should I add "you tit" here? Not sure. this attempt of an insult is lost to me.
    Oh, and I assume that you pay for your WoW account in gold nuggets. I mean almost every other currency is virtual (including paper money), so... Unless you are underage (or mentally disabled) to have credit or debit cards and your relatives paid those bills, that leaves only good ol' fashioned barter exchange.
    I have never undercut by 50%. However I am willing to go down to even 30%.

Your post does make sense, but the problem you stated can simply by solved by buying and reselling those listed at 50% right?

Maybe you don't want to buy their item at their price. You only want to sell your item at your price. In that case, since you have no interest in their item and price, why should they be considerate to your item and your price?

Nothing is stopping you from just buying their "undercutting idiot pricing" items.

Man its always like this, I use to get so mad at the glyph/gem market from knobs posting at a fraction of what something is worth lol

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicbrain View Post
    I always undercut by a lot, couldn't care less what you think of it sorry
    Prefer to sell my stuff as fast as possible for a bit less profit then having to keep putting it on the AH multiple times.

To each their own.
    ^^ couldn't agree more, way better to sell quick for small profit than having to wait days/weeks for a bigger profit
    Signature made by

Quote Originally Posted by kubasniak View Post
    I undercut 1 copper.
    Just as a note, as a consumer, when I see people undercutting by 1 copper or 1 gold or some crap like that, I will purposely buy the more expensive item. I'm not going to reward that kind of douchebagery.

I think that if you're going to list for cheaper, you need to offer the consumer a deal, not just try to fuck over your competition.

Undercutters aren't idiots, they just don't place the same value on gold as you. That's all there is to it.