Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by danieltang34 View Post
    is it still obtainable? i levelled my monk in 7.0 and the gnome would not sell me anything =(
    Afaik they removed the questlines in the prepatch, and only those who still had the quest in their questlog were able to finish it afterwards. In other words, it should not be possible to obtain them anymore if you haven't done the WoD legendary questline up to this point.

Why bother with that ring when its gonna get fixed any moment now?

Also a question, I've started my monk 2 weeks ago now, I'm at 867 and pulling some decent dps, stats finally aligning in what the general advice is and truly enjoying playing the class. Onto the question, I've followed icy veins guide to traits (the 1st path), taking Tornado kicks > Crosswinds > Gale Burst the last two as my 23rd and 24th trait respectively, what I wanted to know is how big of an upgrade in DPS should I expect when picking up these 2 traits, (Literally my next 2 traits will be 2 golden traits), thanks upfront.

Deleted
    2 Quick Question to the more experienced of you.

1.. Is serenity much of a dps increase on single target over SEF is performed perfectly?

2. Being newish to the class occasionally i find myself in a situation where im at 4 Chi and just used blackout kick and everything else is on CD, what to i do then to use up the chi without breaking Combo? Is it worth using a SCK? do i use another TP which essentially wastes 1 chi as i over cap? Help pretty please.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Smashychan View Post

1.. Is serenity much of a dps increase on single target over SEF is performed perfectly?

2. Being newish to the class occasionally i find myself in a situation where im at 4 Chi and just used blackout kick and everything else is on CD, what to i do then to use up the chi without breaking Combo? Is it worth using a SCK? do i use another TP which essentially wastes 1 chi as i over cap? Help pretty please.

cheers
    You could squeeze in a CJL but beware that you should do this only to get credit for the stack and then cancel it immediately. CJL is weaker than the auto attakcs you would perform while it's being channeled.

This may also be an issue with how you are lining up abilities. If you see yourself approaching that siutation, then you might opt to BoK before using Chi Wave, so that you can follow it up with another BoK and then use TP if you are about to cap energy. This is where i sometimes run into that problem becuase I know CW has a higher priority.

With the new CJL "change" in 7.1... Will our secondaries shift to haste to prevent downtime?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by isRobin View Post
    With the new CJL "change" in 7.1... Will our secondaries shift to haste to prevent downtime?
    Did I miss something? Will CJL be part of our rotation in 7.1!?
    Question - do we know how big of a nerf the tweak to Transfer the Power is? Looks like a big hit doesnt it?

7+ Year Old Account
    There is no change that'll affect the strength of secondaries. Having downtime doesn't negatively affect your DPS as long as whatever you do outside of this downtime hits hard enough (and that is the case for WW). WW's downtime periods aren't long enough to cause Hit Combo to drop anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boombrew View Post
    Did I miss something? Will CJL be part of our rotation in 7.1!?
    Question - do we know how big of a nerf the tweak to Transfer the Power is? Looks like a big hit doesnt it?
    CJL will cost Energy for WW and BrM in 7.1. Right now, some people think they need it to keep up Hit Combo (which is not true; might be a band-aid if you mismanage your resources) and with 7.1, using CJL, even just for a second, will be a real DPS loss. CJL's only point is that you can pretend to be doing something when you can't get into melee range due to encounter mechanics.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiaojin View Post

CJL's only point is that you can pretend to be doing something when you can't get into melee range due to encounter mechanics.
    Not true. It also makes you you look freaking awesome.
    It also helped me keep Hit Combo stacks on bosses with a lot of movement like Nynthendra, Eye and Cenarius, it gives you another 10s of Hit Combo if you are not near the boss.

Deleted
    Hey guys, is having serenity and touch on death on one macro and one keybind bad idea? What i am losing if instantly apply touch on death on target and serenity on me and do rotation.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powzinga View Post
    Hey guys, is having serenity and touch on death on one macro and one keybind bad idea? What i am losing if instantly apply touch on death on target and serenity on me and do rotation.
    You're losing one GCD of Serenity damage since ToD triggers the GCD and Serenity does not, you'll have to wait for the GCD to end before using another ability.

- - - Updated - - -

CJL shouldnt be part of your rotation right now anyway. You can stack haste if you want to prevent downtime, but right now you will do much more damage with more downtime and higher mastery/vers/crit than you will trying to fill every GCD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smashychan View Post

cheers
    1. It can be a pretty noticable increase, the better you are with Serenity, the higher the increase.

2. If you're not going to cap energy then just sit there and wait for somethign harder to become available. If you are going to cap energy then you should tap CJL so you can BoK again before using TP. However, that wont really be an option in 7.1 and is really more admitting that you didnt plan correctly and made a mistake.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

I am struggling, for 2 weeks now, I have NOT figured out WHY i can BARELY break 200k DPS on any given fight and keep it there... I can start out just fine, But give it few mins in, and I'm at 215-200k dps or less...

In Mythic or Mythic+ dungeons I can easily top DPS or be 2nd the whole time, Easily, no problem. Throw me into a Raid, and my DPS goes to a embarrassing level. Like at times, just above tanks...

I am 858 geared, with the only real flaw in my Artifact being 854 iLevel, with a shit 790 ilvl as Storm relic (bad RNG), and no second golden dragon due to my dumb self putting equal into MW and WW, to now seem to be thrown fully into WW due to guild.. even though I was MW main.. So now I fear a cut from raid, because I am forced into WW now, and my DPS can't keep up.

My rotation is right, my gems are right, only thing not enchanted is my cloak due to MW/WW spec (its also legendary, so I cant just swap w/spec). I've read Icy, WTW, Wowhead, here, everywhere.. I can't ask guild as only one other fellow Monk and he's BM and MW, and is new back to Legion apparently.

I even tried last night after raid, various "rotation" addons, and still couldn't get better than around 215k sustained on a dummy.

I swapped talents around, flask, pot, food, all of it.

For life of me, Can't figure out why I do such crap. Keeping my combos up, using my CDs, everything. This isn't my first rodeo to Raiding, nor monk raiding, but this Raid.... I just can't get nice DPS..

Is it,

- No second dragon?

- Crap trinket I using from EN? [Ravaged Seed Pod] (Go find a Agility one?)

- Is it the 790 Storm Relic that needs replacing? Would that much +item lvl on Artifact Weap make that big difference?

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Khaz%20Modan/shishin/advanced

I'm lost, I'm confused.. more so, I'm angry. Im wasting hours here trying to find out wtf it is, RNG is being awful in Relic category, and raiding two weeks now with WW has been depressing as hang at bottom of chart with people who can't play much/under geared, yet i play daily, plenty of time, plenty of WoW experience, and get depressing numbers that literally make me want to quit WoW. I CANNOT FIX IT FOR SOME REASON!

Cheers lads
    Last edited by Shishin; 2016-10-18 at 01:59 PM.

Deleted
    I have the boots legendary which gives me additional chi to work with. Occasionally I find myself at 4 or 5 chi with plenty of energy and BoK is just used. In this situation I've been casting SCK for additional damage while not affecting the rest of my rotation at all (FoF and RSK still used on cd). Is there something wrong with this scenario or does it all still sound optimal?

I've also occasionally done the above to make quick use of EE if FoF/RSK/SotW are all on cd. Any problems there?

Quote Originally Posted by Shishin View Post
    I am struggling, for 2 weeks now, I have NOT figured out WHY i can BARELY break 200k DPS on any given fight and keep it there... I can start out just fine, But give it few mins in, and I'm at 215-200k dps or less...

In Mythic or Mythic+ dungeons I can easily top DPS or be 2nd the whole time, Easily, no problem. Throw me into a Raid, and my DPS goes to a embarrassing level. Like at times, just above tanks...

I am 858 geared, with the only real flaw in my Artifact being 854 iLevel, with a shit 790 ilvl as Storm relic (bad RNG), and no second golden dragon due to my dumb self putting equal into MW and WW, to now seem to be thrown fully into WW due to guild.. even though I was MW main.. So now I fear a cut from raid, because I am forced into WW now, and my DPS can't keep up.

My rotation is right, my gems are right, only thing not enchanted is my cloak due to MW/WW spec (its also legendary, so I cant just swap w/spec). I've read Icy, WTW, Wowhead, here, everywhere.. I can't ask guild as only one other fellow Monk and he's BM and MW, and is new back to Legion apparently.

I even tried last night after raid, various "rotation" addons, and still couldn't get better than around 215k sustained on a dummy.

I swapped talents around, flask, pot, food, all of it.

For life of me, Can't figure out why I do such crap. Keeping my combos up, using my CDs, everything. This isn't my first rodeo to Raiding, nor monk raiding, but this Raid.... I just can't get nice DPS..

Is it,

- No second dragon?

- Crap trinket I using from EN? [Ravaged Seed Pod] (Go find a Agility one?)

- Is it the 790 Storm Relic that needs replacing? Would that much +item lvl on Artifact Weap make that big difference?

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Khaz%20Modan/shishin/advanced

I'm lost, I'm confused.. more so, I'm angry. Im wasting hours here trying to find out wtf it is, RNG is being awful in Relic category, and raiding two weeks now with WW has been depressing as hang at bottom of chart with people who can't play much/under geared, yet i play daily, plenty of time, plenty of WoW experience, and get depressing numbers that literally make me want to quit WoW. I CANNOT FIX IT FOR SOME REASON!

Cheers lads
    Most of the information You have at http://walkingthewind.com
    I'd start from there, again.

What I can see at the armory:
    Change the first 15lvl talent.
    Trinket from EN, too. It's total garbage.
    With 858ilvl You should have already 830+ relics, from WQs or dungeons.
    Necks (ok, You have legendary) and rings need to have socket.

Do You have any logs I could check what are You doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Firebolt145 View Post
    I have the boots legendary which gives me additional chi to work with. Occasionally I find myself at 4 or 5 chi with plenty of energy and BoK is just used. In this situation I've been casting SCK for additional damage while not affecting the rest of my rotation at all (FoF and RSK still used on cd). Is there something wrong with this scenario or does it all still sound optimal?

I've also occasionally done the above to make quick use of EE if FoF/RSK/SotW are all on cd. Any problems there?
    You can also CJL.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    Most of the information You have at
    I'd start from there, again.

What I can see at the armory:
    Change the first 15lvl talent.
    Trinket from EN, too. It's total garbage.
    With 858ilvl You should have already 830+ relics, from WQs or dungeons.
    Necks (ok, You have legendary) and rings need to have socket.

Do You have any logs I could check what are You doing wrong?
    I thought that Trinket was crap, thanks for just reinforcing that! Hmm, They are socketed and rings enchanted. Refresh Armory? The lvl 15 talent I was just swapping around with, but now I think, I had it on EoTT last night during raid...

Far as relics, its' just bad luck/RNG.. I can't get a decent storm relic to save my life...

As far as the neck, I don't know what to enchant on it, as I am more geared MW as it was my main spec, than I am my WW. But I'd say my WW needs it more, so maybe throw a DPS enchant on it? But than the healing enchant is nice too... Grr...

Logs I am trying to get, I did not run any this expansion yet, and will be changing that starting today. People that do run logs usually link, and I didn't see/get a link yet from last nights. Soon as I do, I will link.

10+ Year Old Account

Casting SCK isn't additional damage, its actually a pretty decent amount less. Before artifact traits, SCK is 400% AP, BoK is 385% AP. Using 3 Chi on SCK in single target, rather than the same 3 Chi on BoK loses you 755% AP worth of damage. That doesn't count traits like Transfer the Power, where those 3 BoK would equal another 9% FoF damage. Its 100% not optimal.

The optimal thing is to use the chi appropriately before you reach the point that you're pigeon holed into wasting resources, losing HC, or losing damage. The legendary boots give you 2 more chi to work with every 20-24s, you just have to plan ahead more.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Casting SCK isn't additional damage, its actually a pretty decent amount less. Before artifact traits, SCK is 400% AP, BoK is 385% AP. Using 3 Chi on SCK in single target, rather than the same 3 Chi on BoK loses you 755% AP worth of damage. That doesn't count traits like Transfer the Power, where those 3 BoK would equal another 9% FoF damage. Its 100% not optimal.

The optimal thing is to use the chi appropriately before you reach the point that you're pigeon holed into wasting resources, losing HC, or losing damage. The legendary boots give you 2 more chi to work with every 20-24s, you just have to plan ahead more.
    Why would CJL not be a part of our kit right now? Stuck at 4chi and you just casted BOK and nothing else is off CD, simply CJL and then do a bok.

p.s. I quoted the wrong comment. Sorry Bab

P.S.S. Is our secondaries priority still as follows? Mastery>Haste 7-8%>Vers >= Crit (Vers2000 ahead)>Haste

P.S.S.S. NVM JUST REVIEWED UPDATED GEAR BASICS <3 YOU DA MAN BABYLONIUS
    Last edited by isRobin; 2016-10-18 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shishin View Post
    I thought that Trinket was crap, thanks for just reinforcing that! Hmm, They are socketed and rings enchanted. Refresh Armory? The lvl 15 talent I was just swapping around with, but now I think, I had it on EoTT last night during raid...

Far as relics, its' just bad luck/RNG.. I can't get a decent storm relic to save my life...

As far as the neck, I don't know what to enchant on it, as I am more geared MW as it was my main spec, than I am my WW. But I'd say my WW needs it more, so maybe throw a DPS enchant on it? But than the healing enchant is nice too... Grr...

Logs I am trying to get, I did not run any this expansion yet, and will be changing that starting today. People that do run logs usually link, and I didn't see/get a link yet from last nights. Soon as I do, I will link.

There are no sockets in rings as far as I see. Get rings with sockets in it.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post

Good to have a definite answer, thanks. I expect your answer also applies to my usage of SCK after EE, therefore implying that I should aim to EE just as RSK/SotW are off cd rather than simply SCK because-I-can.

Cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to have a definite answer, thanks. I expect your answer also applies to my usage of SCK after EE, therefore implying that I should aim to EE just as RSK/SotW are off cd rather than simply SCK because-I-can.

Cheers!
    That is exactly correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would CJL not be a part of our kit right now? Stuck at 4chi and you just casted BOK and nothing else is off CD, simply CJL and then do a bok.

p.s. I quoted the wrong comment. Sorry Bab

P.S.S. Is our secondaries priority still as follows? Mastery>Haste 7-8%>Vers >= Crit (Vers2000 ahead)>Haste

P.S.S.S. NVM JUST REVIEWED UPDATED GEAR BASICS <3 YOU DA MAN BABYLONIUS
    Its part of the kit, but its a part of the kit thats a crutch and basically you admitting that you done fucked up.

Deleted
    Does anybody know roughly how far behind Ascension is compared to EE? remember it being decent in WOD