Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Imo healer throughput needs to go up in mythic+ as it's such a stress compared to running as brain dead dps.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I've stuck to just doing +2 and +3 because I just don't trust other players :P
    pretty much

thankfully at least Kara is coming with 855-875 loot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post
    Imo healer throughput needs to go up in mythic+ as it's such a stress compared to running as brain dead dps.
    If you can't heal the unavoidable damage right now you either need better gear or l2p.
    People standing in shit in m+ cannot and should not be kept up by the healer.

Being a healer is more stressful than any other role 100% and that is why i play it.. I would have quit already if all i did was button mash and dps, healing keeps me challenged. Plus if you are a good healer you can carry a bad group and its fun to test your limits.

Deleted
    90% of mechanics make the healers life more difficult, the 10% that don't are made up by DPS checks that result in unhealable damage or unhealable damage itself such as one-shots.

On the flip-side however, the vast majority of issues I've encountered in m+ pug groups (I don't heal currently fyi) tend to be anyone but the healer...

Quote Originally Posted by hyperhyve View Post
    So you're in a splitfarming mythic raiding guild with 5 alts, yet you describe a scenario where you're obviously trying to carry baddies through pugs.
    Your whole post reeks of bad trolling.
    If you're not, I wonder why you have to put up with so many pugs, when your guild requires you to have several alts for mythic progression. Why don't you group up with guildies ? Or are your guildies the "more braindead than ever" DPS players ? In that case, your split runs in mythic raids won't help you a lot either.
    a quick look through his post history shows that he's from MAGA on blackrock EU, a notable portion of their wowprogress page reads

"However, since we do not have the time or "desire" 7 days a week every day 6 hours + to Raiden, and also splitfarming is against us, therefore we have the decision to realize ourselves."

TL/DR he doesn't have 5 alts and his guild doesn't split farm.

This has a pretty easy fix, I think.

If you stand in shit/ignore mechanics, instead of taking a ton of damage, you instead get a stacking debuff that reduces your damage output. If you avoid shit/avoid mechanics, the debuff falls off.

This shifts the burden away from healers and encourages DPS, since being leet DPS is probably more motivation than getting damaged (which someone else is taking care of). Boss enrages? Well, DPS sucks. And they suck because they're standing in shit. Not the healer's fault anymore, and they can focus on doing their job instead of compensating for Stupid/Lazy.

I agree for most of the stuff. Though, it's always been like this but right now, with all the changes (I find it overall harder to heal than in previous expansions -->haven't healed in WoD so speaking of <wod from a disc perspective).

But in the end it is much more punishing due to the mythic+ stuff which entirely relies on 1 healer. For instance, on a raid if you "sleep" for a blink of an eye, usually another healing can kick in and do this part for you. On mythic + you are the only one who has 5 ppl fully in your hands. It's tight but it's rewarding, even if you don't do it in time.

Though, I must admit. Highest I have done is +5 with friends, which failed by some seconds. In the end we had fun and still play together. The aspect of playing with pugs which are braindead and socialy incapable of human acting aka being polite and forgive a mistake, makes this game much less fun and is really grinding my gears. Only solution here is, make friends or guild runs.

I still have fun even though I need to be 101% focused while a dps or tank can sleep for a moment and stand in shit etc. But in the end that's the healers job and if ppl go full retard mode and even blame you then leave and search for another group. It has been like this since quite a while, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Legion has to be one of the worst Expansions so far to be a Healer.
    Well enjoy your insta invite while 50 dps fight each other for 3 spots I guess...?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really the downside of how forgiving wow's combat is. In The Secret World everything in dungeons simply kills you as a dps but of course there are no stupid healer attrition mechanics. Blizzard always shies away from one-shot mechanics, but having more of them would change the game and mythic+ is a good place to have them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion is the first expansion I actually enjoyed playing as a healer.

Before I would try to main a healer and I would end up getting bored of it and transition to Dps or tank after a couple weeks. I find healing is more situational then it used to be so i find my self less distracted with the TV when I'm in groups.

I'm sure in previous expansions if blizzard would allow it, someone could have wrote an AI script to heal in rotation based on a healers priority list that could compete with an average player.

Deleted
    Ofcourse high level mythics are only hard for healers, that's why it's so fun to play them! Still DPS is most important part of the grp, without high dps you wont finish those runs at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    Ofcourse high level mythics are only hard for healers, that's why it's so fun to play them! Still DPS is most important part of the grp, without high dps you wont finish those runs at all.
    1/2 true if there is no enrage timer. I've been in groups where all the dps die and its just the tank and I for 4 minutes widdling down the last 40% lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I can sorta agree with you if you're running Mythic+ with pugs. Those usually end up being a giant clusterfuck unless voice is required.

Do it with friends or a Guild. Different experience entirely.
    This.

Never pug when you're a healer, because tank and dps usually never interrupt or try to avoid damage.

I honestly never see the healer get flamed for people dying anymore, or at least very rarely. Why are we all assuming that the op really doesn't just suck? I mean, it's just as likely that the healer IS bad as anyone else in the group, maybe you are failing because you are just bad. /shrug

Complains about having to use all healing cooldowns on 10+ trash. Do you think the dps and tanks are not using all their cooldowns? Cant tell the difference between a +10 and a +4. Im glad i dont have whiney healer trolls in my guild.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    No such things in pugs.
    so bad dps are in pugs, but all the healers are world class amazing players?

seems legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    so bad dps are in pugs, but all the healers are world class amazing players?

seems legit.
    Pugs dont have perfect interrupts on multiple caster mobs with no voice communication. What a bunch of morons, good thing im an elite healer and i can carry them

In general as a DPS stuff does feel like it hits a shit ton harder then it should especially when im walking around near 860. Even when I pop a CD i often look at what hit me and can't believe how damn high the number was with it active. Then we have self heals if you can even call it a heal anymore that does next to nothing so even using that on a constant rotation doesn't feel like its worth it anymore.

As a healer I have not been a fan of this expansion, from leveling to now its not a challenge its an annoyance. We were suppose to be able to level at a decent pace as a healer but weak spells doing mediocre damage adding very little spell choice I quickly swapped to a Dps as soon as I could. Now healing in other enviroments is a chore, never anyone elses fault but the Healers while Dps/Tanks do very little to make life easy on a healer.