Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Yeah for some reason the EU shipping is ridiculous apparently. Though after i got free shipping on a hardback Bloodborne artbook and it came bent maybe i can understand
    Its also part taxes it seems which i find weird because I thought you where able to freely order anything within the EU under 50 or 100 euros? guess they have changed that.
    I still ordered it because I love lore books XD.
    it was 20 euro for me which approx 4 euro was taxes...

so i really havent played much and wanted to come back(lv50monk). Do i really need to go through all of the story just to gain access to the new jobs? Seems like a drag just to get to the stuff i want to do(level up and play with friends with the other classes). I think im stuck on one dungeon where people keep leaving(lv30). Just sucks since i barely have time to play as it is...and i feel like i have to play catchup-_-

Quote Originally Posted by Rawfury View Post
    so i really havent played much and wanted to come back(lv50monk). Do i really need to go through all of the story just to gain access to the new jobs? Seems like a drag just to get to the stuff i want to do(level up and play with friends with the other classes). I think im stuck on one dungeon where people keep leaving(lv30). Just sucks since i barely have time to play as it is...and i feel like i have to play catchup-_-
    Yeah FF14 is heavily story gated. I'm gonna guess that the dungeon is Brayflox's Longstop and I don't see why people leave that. Good xp for alts and it doesn't even take that long. Same with Haukee and Toto Rak.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    It's not a speculation, it is the 1st. Just a typo. JP has it November 1st.
    http://jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...a9d2021b2f75ca
    Code:
    ディープ*ンジョン「死者の宮殿」のアップデートや、アニマウェポンの新た*ストーリーが実装されるパッチ3.45の公開日は11月1日(火)を予定しています。
    Figures. At the time I made that post, I had not seen a confirmation of the typo. They also confirmed the shipping date of December 27, 2017 as a typo as well for those who ordered the lore book yesterday.

Deleted
    Rawfury: An alternative, if your friends already have jobs at level 60 and you're just trying to complete story elements, would be to group with your mates and do the older content as an unsynched group so you can smash through those dungeons with ease. You should be able to get to Heavensward in no time

So, back from Vegas and Fan Fest... I was not one of the people who stood in line 7-12 hours and got a lore book. They were sold out before I was able to get any merchandise.

And then the book sold out on the online store in minutes, so I'm on a waiting list there.

Three of us were going to buy on a single order for free shipping, but they only allow 1 per order, so the book was $50 at Fan Fest and is $59 after the slowest shipping method. T-T

Of course, that's nothing to our friends across the pond. Really feel for you over there.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-10-18 at 01:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    So, back from Vegas and Fan Fest... I was not one of the people who stood in line 7-12 hours and got a lore book. They were sold out before I was able to get any merchandise.

And then the book sold out on the online store in minutes, so I'm on a waiting list there.(
    Yeah, sucks - at least they are making more of them.

Was so nervous myself that was up almost whole night, and then when it finally appeared on store.. my internet crashed and had to change modem for another ISP - followed by card error since apparently neither VISA or VISA electron worked there - luckily my brother has MasterCard and it went through.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Yeah, sucks - at least they are making more of them.

Was so nervous myself that was up almost whole night, and then when it finally appeared on store.. my internet crashed and had to change modem for another ISP - followed by card error since apparently neither VISA or VISA electron worked there - luckily my brother has MasterCard and it went through.
    That's wild. I've always used my VISA with their store. Hope I can get one before end of the year.

I wonder if the 2nd printings will fix the errors they showed at Fan Fest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    That's wild. I've always used my VISA with their store.
    Yeah - there is VISA shown on store page, guess either the site had issues due large amount of customers or my bank simply went goofy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst case your friends can run you through unsync'd and just slaughter it..buut I assume you'd rather actually do it yourself

Considering myself lucky; I was able to get logged into their store and place an order for the lore book within 15-20 mins of availability; wasn't another 15 mins or so after that when the books sold out here in NA.

Even better: The December 27 shipping date was a total typo; apparently the books are shipping as of now. Haven't seen any email update on mine today, though, but I ordered standard shipping.

Two lines again for Wondrous Tails. It's worth using second chance points at 7 seals until you get at least one line because by that point there's a good chance that you'll get a second line. Even if you don't it guarantees the base reward and the one line reward.

I snagged the new Thancred minion to add to my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Worst case your friends can run you through unsync'd and just slaughter it..buut I assume you'd rather actually do it yourself
    don't have that many friends. and honestly we're all alot older and are casual players so its hard to catch them on at times

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Considering myself lucky; I was able to get logged into their store and place an order for the lore book within 15-20 mins of availability; wasn't another 15 mins or so after that when the books sold out here in NA.

Even better: The December 27 shipping date was a total typo; apparently the books are shipping as of now. Haven't seen any email update on mine today, though, but I ordered standard shipping.
    *glaaaaaaaaare*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Two lines again for Wondrous Tails. It's worth using second chance points at 7 seals until you get at least one line because by that point there's a good chance that you'll get a second line. Even if you don't it guarantees the base reward and the one line reward.
    My shuffles just keep throwing it 1-2 markers off from two lines.. and for some reason I never see newbies in duties.. even mentor roulette keeps throwing me with 3 other mentors. :/

Got 1 marker off from 2 lines earlier, nope - last marker flew to worst possible spot and 1 line reward here I come.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    My shuffles just keep throwing it 1-2 markers off from two lines.. and for some reason I never see newbies in duties.. even mentor roulette keeps throwing me with 3 other mentors. :/

Got 1 marker off from 2 lines earlier, nope - last marker flew to worst possible spot and 1 line reward here I come.
    If you're looking for second chances, I'd run either primals (nm/hm) or do 24mans.

don't have that many friends. and honestly we're all alot older and are casual players so its hard to catch them on at times
    You said you were a returning player, so I assume you're not flagged as a sprout (new player), to use the novice network.

You could however try to use party finder to recruit someone to run you through the dungeons, or you could find the first mentor you see, and ask them for help, either directly or through the novice network. If you go the party finder route, make sure to include the word "bonus" in the description.

The Halloween event is pretty fun. I won't spoil it but they made it more in-depth this time around. I hope this becomes the norm moving forward.

The rewards are pretty sweet too - the two music rolls push me that much closer to the 100 roll achievement.

15+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. I hope they do more events like this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't like it at all.

Don't really like stealth games, and with lack of knowledge of enemy cone of vision or range.. and whole party penalty, can't really experiment either.