Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[HOLY ] Shockadin - Optimal build

Hey!

I have done a Shockadin for trolling every expansion and legion is no exception. I dinged 110 yesterday and went looking for some theorycrafting or specifics but didn't find any so i made this post, to bad i can't post any links yet but i tried to write stuff down instead.

My goal is mainly to do lots of damage while using Light of dawn on cd for some healing

Rotation
    Now i know that healers don't have a rotation since i main restoration shaman but since we are goind hybrid here im thinking of a priority rotation like this.

1. Light of Dawn
    2. Judgement
    3. Holy Shock
    4. Crusader Strike
    5. Consecration

So Consecration shouldn't be cast if anything else is off cooldown.

That combined with Beacon of Light on the tank, Tyr's Deliverence, Blessings and the occasional Infusion of Light boosted Flash Heal should work?

What im unsure about is Rule of Law, i guess i should try to pop it before Light of dawn but how effective is it?

Stats
    This is my main concern i dont know what stats toi aim for? I'm thinking about critical strike, preferably up to 50% for Holy Shock, and then haste for lower global cooldown? Seeming how i do a significant more damage using Holy Avenger. Im unsure about versatility though, is it worth anything?

Talents
    15: Crusader's Might - More damage and healing, whats not to like?
    30: Rule of Law - More healing, could be exchanged for cavalier for mobility
    45: Binding Light - Some control and damage
    60: Devotion Aura - Better prevent damage than heal it back later?
    75: Holy Avenger - More damage and if needed healing
    90: Sanctified Wrath - Even more damage and if needed healing
    100: Beacon of the Lightbringer - More healing

In a situation where more healing is needed we could swap our damage cooldowns Holy Avenger and Sanctified Wrathto Holy Prism and/or Judgement or Light i guess, but i don't know which is prefered.

Artifact:
    Virtues of the Light - More damage and healing
    Knight of the Silver hand - Some damage reduction, since we use judgement on cooldown
    Shock Treatment - More damage and healing
    Secound Sunrise - More healing

This is the only clear path i see, im thinking about going up to Protection of Tyr and then to Expel the darkness since i dont see myself casting that much Holy Light och Flash of Light.

All feedback is greatly appriciated!
    Thanks for reading
    Last edited by mmoc45fb0ea577; 2016-10-18 at 07:26 AM.

Deleted
    Holy Avenger and Sanctified Wrath
    Combined with a good DMG trinket.
    Try to get 3x Shock Treatment as this is the best trait for holy damage.

And now, very simple: Holy Shock > all
    Say hello to 800k Holy Shock crits.
    You'll eradicate everything.

EDIT: I forgot: As you are melee, use Potion of the Old War of course.
    Last edited by mmocf671b58f24; 2016-10-17 at 09:09 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melian View Post
    Holy Avenger and Sanctified Wrath
    Combined with a good DMG trinket.
    Try to get 3x Shock Treatment as this is the best trait for holy damage.

And now, very simple: Holy Shock > all
    Say hello to 800k Holy Shock crits.
    You'll eradicate everything.

EDIT: I forgot: As you are melee, use Potion of the Old War of course.
    Thanks, any example of good damage trinkets?

I guess we could try to get Wriggling Sinew and Swarming Plaguehive as end-game items. Don't know if we crit enough for Portable Manacracker....

Also Mike Eng posted a kind-of shockadin guide back in July, it may need some updating but generally seems like good advice:

http://blizzardwatch.com/2016/07/11/...aladin-legion/

Deleted
    There are some videos of shockadin on youtube. They use the trinket from halls of valor. +30 secods more intelect and the wings.

30: Rule of Law - More damage, could be exchanged for cavalier for mobility
    How is that more damage, Cav 100%

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintlel View Post
    How is that more damage, Cav 100%
    Meant to say more healing but maybe it just isn't worth it. From my tried yesterday i feel like Rule of Law is unnecessary and slows down the rotation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kemonozume View Post
    There are some videos of shockadin on youtube. They use the trinket from halls of valor. +30 secods more intelect and the wings.
    Ah you mean Horn of Valor? I can see that the intellect buff is nice but i would rather have crit on it. One cannot have everything though and i haven't found out how good haste/versa is yet

- - - Updated - - -

From my tries yesterday running normals with 785 isch gear shockadin looks promising. My rotation is mostly as above and on most packs and bosses i can just keep it up without healing problems. Thats means an 80k DPS without Avenging Wrath and over 100k DPS with cooldowns. At the same time i dish out around 50k HPS without cooldowns.

Shockadin will never ever be viable as a dps specialization because Blizz doesn't it to be, which is fine and dandy. They can still do about ~1/2 a dps' damage sustained and can keep up burst with almost any dps in the game.
    With hero, sanctified wrath wings, holy avenger, old war potion, a geared holy pal can burst 500k dps for full 30s of wings
    Also having a lvl 30+ artifact helps a lot as each artifact point bought is 1% damage done
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

Deleted
    I found this guide on youtube.

/watch?v=NEDjGUYlCVw

Yep, Horn of Valor, 30 seconds 2k+ intelect is amazing.

Shockadin time.

Holy Avenger doesn't seem to increase Holy Shock damage. It provides the haste, but the holy shock specific boost is for the healing component of holy shock, not the damage. Given how well CM and Divine Purpose interact, Divine Purpose seems like a much better choice on that tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noules View Post
    Holy Avenger doesn't seem to increase Holy Shock damage. It provides the haste, but the holy shock specific boost is for the healing component of holy shock, not the damage. Given how well CM and Divine Purpose interact, Divine Purpose seems like a much better choice on that tier.
    You do realise, that Holy Avenger greatly (!!) decreases the cooldown of Holy Shock.
    So you have the reliable option to cast many more Holy Shocks during your CD period, where they hit like trucks. Compared to the possibility that maybe the CD resets during this period 2 times, maybe 3...

I dinged 110 yesterday and went looking for some theorycrafting or specifics but didn't find any so i made this post, to bad i can't post any links yet but i tried to write stuff down instead.
    for trolling
    need more info

Quote Originally Posted by Melian View Post
    You do realise, that Holy Avenger greatly (!!) decreases the cooldown of Holy Shock.
    So you have the reliable option to cast many more Holy Shocks during your CD period, where they hit like trucks. Compared to the possibility that maybe the CD resets during this period 2 times, maybe 3...
    Holy Avenger provides 30% haste, but does not specifically reduce the HS CD beyond the effect of the haste itself (you may be thinking Sanctified Wrath).

30% haste over 20s essentially gives you 6s 'worth' of HS, which depending on your other haste values, is probably somewhere less than 1 extra HS over that time. It does increase your other damage, however, so it does provide value besides the extra HS.

Quote Originally Posted by Noules View Post
    Holy Avenger provides 30% haste, but does not specifically reduce the HS CD beyond the effect of the haste itself (you may be thinking Sanctified Wrath).

30% haste over 20s essentially gives you 6s 'worth' of HS, which depending on your other haste values, is probably somewhere less than 1 extra HS over that time. It does increase your other damage, however, so it does provide value besides the extra HS.
    Hpaladin does very little damage outside of all its cooldowns popped. You want to stack as many cooldowns as you can on top of that holy wrath duration, to benefit your near-100% crit holy shocks as much as possible.

I don't know if holy wrath is good if you're running crusade, though. Then you can already HS every second GCD during cooldowns as long as you have crusader strike available.

Without crusader's might it's pretty good though, since, with just a bit of haste on gear, it lets you do that anyway. Personally, I wouldn't run crusader's might for shockadin since it's just barely more DPS on single-target than light's hammer is, while light's hammer is more when you add just one target, never mind the 4+ you'll be fighting constantly in instances, and really should be fighting constantly even while leveling. It even adds a little healing while doing so.

Somewhat interestingly, crusader strike is also our lowest damage-per-cast ability; even 1 consecrate is more single-target damage than 1 crusader strike (at least mine always are on ursoc), never mind aoe damage.
    Last edited by Simulacrum; 2016-10-19 at 10:35 AM.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post

Without crusader's might it's pretty good though, since, with just a bit of haste on gear, it lets you do that anyway. Personally, I wouldn't run crusader's might for shockadin since it's just barely more DPS on single-target than light's hammer is, while light's hammer is more when you add just one target, never mind the 4+ you'll be fighting constantly in instances, and really should be fighting constantly even while leveling. It even adds a little healing while doing so.

Somewhat interestingly, crusader strike is also our lowest damage-per-cast ability; even 1 consecrate is more single-target damage than 1 crusader strike (at least mine always are on ursoc), never mind aoe damage.
    With the priority in the original post i often see crusader strike second place of all my damage on single target fights. Accounting for 20 - 25% of my total damage.

Not only does it account for that damage but Crusader Strike also shortens the cooldown of Light of Dawn which heals quite nicely with beacon on the tank and in turn lets me continue my rotation instead of stopping up and casting a flash for example. On top of that i get to use my top damage ability Holy Shock more often. Holy Shock typically accounts for around 50% of my damage.
    Last edited by mmoc45fb0ea577; 2016-10-21 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Umaycry View Post
    With the priority in the original post i often see crusader strike second place of all my damage on single target fights. Accounting for 20 - 25% of my total damage.

Not only does it account for that damage but Crusader Strike also shortens the cooldown of Light of Dawn which heals quite nicely with beacon on the tank and in turn lets me continue my rotation instead of stopping up and casting a flash for example. On top of that i get to use my top damage ability Holy Shock more often. Holy Shock typically accounts for around 50% of my damage.
    Well, the relative level of damage that crusader strike does for you is completely irrelevant to whether or not crusader strike does more damage than anything else. With a bad priority order, you can easily manage to get much less potential out of your abilities than would be ideal.

But if you wanna cast a lot of LoD then sure, crusader makes sense. I don't see why you would want to, however, especially for tank healing. If you want to heal the tank, you don't cast LoD; you cast the infused FoL that you are always going to be having sitting there at the ready when you play like a shockadin.

I also find that when I play shockadin, I'm aiming to do as much damage as possible in-between the healing, not the other way around. So I'd pick light's hammer over crusader for 5 mans and leveling.

Ultimately though, the difference isn't very big, so I suppose it doesn't matter all that much. Just by trying to play shockadin at all, you're already a way better contribution to your party than the pseudo-afking overheal-spammers that constitute 99% of the healers out there. I'm already happy enough just seeing someone like you in my groups that nitpicks like this don't bother me.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Honestly, I ran shockadin in our normal stomp last night and it put out decent numbers.

Like 270k on ursoc. Ranked 40th so I'm sure if I had 15/20% more haste it would be better. Thinking crit>haste>vers>mastery.

Until blizzard nerfs it.

Our newly recruited Ret who was 6 Ilevels below me did 10k more dps..

Go figure.

Shockadin viable? Fuck yeah it is. Even cenarius I pulled 220. Eye boss forget about it.

And if a healer goes down and no more Brez's? Bam, now you're 90% capable of healing. (Missing bestow faith/mastery dump)
    Last edited by Caramuru; 2016-10-22 at 03:41 AM.

Deleted
    Got any logs? And maybe an armory link so we can see your gear and talent setup

Quote Originally Posted by maaghen View Post
    Got any logs? And maybe an armory link so we can see your gear and talent setup
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Uncanny/simple

Logs on Ursoc: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Mind you I did not focus at all on healing. Maybe a few holy dawns when there was nothing else to press here and there. Also, talent setup was CM/HA/SW. I wonder if DP would be better then HA. During wings shock is up every other gcd.. similar to old WoD ret SW and HoW(rip). Albeit, it does make cstrike cd quicker.

Also, my stat setup is clearly for healing so if I had 25/30% haste vs mastery I could see shockadin being pretty good. Good luck getting crit/haste plate gear though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smitus View Post
    Shockadin will never ever be viable as a dps specialization because Blizz doesn't it to be, which is fine and dandy. They can still do about ~1/2 a dps' damage sustained and can keep up burst with almost any dps in the game.
    With hero, sanctified wrath wings, holy avenger, old war potion, a geared holy pal can burst 500k dps for full 30s of wings
    Also having a lvl 30+ artifact helps a lot as each artifact point bought is 1% damage done
    I wouldn't say "never ever be viable" we're certainly viable. Until Blizz nerfs us though. Until then! Have fun!
    Last edited by Caramuru; 2016-10-23 at 01:39 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for logs, just what i wanted to see