Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AliveNtrippin View Post
    Without getting too far into the intricacies of what it means to either have or not have a legendary in terms of high-end raiding, I'd say the system feels good!
    If we're going purely on feel, I don't like them at all.

Honestly, it's the randomness of it. Yes, there is that moment of "oh shit, a legendary!" that could be described as excitement, but it pretty quickly becomes annoyance for the rest of the people. I've never had an issue when people who raid higher content than me get things that I don't get. I don't have an issue with people who put more time and effort into the game having things I don't have. But, at least in my guild, those things are demonstrably false. It's a small guild, and an even smaller group of people who are constantly around, organizing activities and running content. Of the five legendaries in our guild, one has gone to somebody putting in that level of effort. Three have gone to people who literally don't know how to play (when you get a legendary and our JC offers to cut you a gem for it, you should probably know what your best stat is). One more went to a legitimately good player, but one who puts in a fraction of the effort overall. So yes, whatever excitement might exist in the system is buried in dissapointment. I'm not even sure that will change if and when I get one.

That said, I do realize it's just me being jelly so I'm not looking for any changes to the system. Just don't agree that it feels good.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    Don't tell me what to do. Thanks.

Because trying to imply that legendaries somehow visibly make a difference to an encounter at this level or play, especially in PUGs where coordination is non-existent is just too delusional.

It doesn't even need to make a difference.

The community is as greedy as it gets when it comes to performance. And chances are between two equally skilled players, with everything being equal, they will prefer the player with the legendary. Which at the same time is punishing for the player without the legendary. Which is wrong.

Also if you are going to be an "arse" about others people problem, yes I will tell you what to do. It's called manners.
    Last edited by Kreeshak; 2016-10-18 at 05:57 PM.

I just want to say adding "[NO SHIT POST]" to your title is the best most shit postiest thing i have seen. Well done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    That actually is a pretty good idea.
    What would actually constitute 'pursuing' a legendary though? Some generic grinding questchain where you acquire 2000 manasaber taints or do 50 mythics or whatever? Just pour gold and order hall resources into a meter until a legendary pops out?

I've heard everyone from players to Blizz propose this pursuit thing, what would it actually involve though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    What would actually constitute 'pursuing' a legendary though? Some generic grinding questchain where you acquire 2000 manasaber taints or do 50 mythics or whatever? Just pour gold and order hall resources into a meter until a legendary pops out?

I've heard everyone from players to Blizz propose this pursuit thing, what would it actually involve though?
    I was thinking more along the lines of it would still be RNG, the difference is that if a legendary drop, it would be the one you want.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of it would still be RNG, the difference is that if a legendary drop, it would be the one you want.
    Oh, that's actually a neat idea.

the system is broken, i hate not being able to collect artifact relics on my off specs because there is always a chance my first legendary will drop when questing or running a dungeon/raid, and if i get one and it's key'd to my off spec that will feel really shitty. But now I can only get relics that are traded to me for my off spec, same with trinkets. I main resto, quest and do off raid night stuff as enh. My loot spec is locked on resto on the very off chance that one drops.

This is why the system is broken. This is not getting into the fact how i've done every emissary box since launch, every withered training, multiple M+ per week, and clearing multiple levels of EN per week.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could fix the problem of getting the wrong legendary by having a phased vendor appear in the underbelly once you loot for your first legendary. He is always there and allows you to exchange one legendary for another. Once you have done this, he goes away forever.

This also adds a layer of player choice. If you have your 3rd best legendary, is it better to swap that out for your best or hold onto it and swap out an even worse one if you get it?

As for players receiving legendaries, I support the current system, but make them a bit rarer. On top of that, make a long epic questline from your class hall that involves your artifact weapon and specialization, at the end of this questline, you're awarded one random legendary for your loot specialization. Make this questline last a month, and bam everyone wins.

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    The chance of getting a trinket is many times that of getting a legendary.
    Also, trinkets are rather crap in this expantion so it's not really comparable.

There is no way for Blizzard to save this expantion. They can't remove the items and there is no way to make it fair.

The people without a good legendary combo might just as well unsub.
    Getting the right trinket is definitely harder than getting a legendary. I have terrible trinkets on all 3 110s but at least I have a legendary. Not a great one but it's orange.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Getting the right trinket is definitely harder than getting a legendary. I have terrible trinkets on all 3 110s but at least I have a legendary. Not a great one but it's orange.
    Bullshit. You might have a legandary but most won't. You'll get your trinkets after a few raids though. Thing is, they aren't at all as powerfull as legendaries. Most of them are rather shit, actually.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    Because trying to imply that legendaries somehow visibly make a difference to an encounter at this level or play, especially in PUGs where coordination is non-existent is just too delusional.
    We are not talking about PUGs. We are talking about competitive environment where current legendaries should not exist. Look at warcraftlogs and what kind of gear top parses have. You will need to scroll for a long time to find someone w/o a legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leave the system as is, but allow us to additionally farm "shards of ancient power" (name not relevant) and once we collect say 100 shards, with say a 5 shard per day hardcap, you could literally pick out a legendary that you want. Will allow people to use the legendary they want to use to become the best they can be, but you could still get a "free" legendary as a drop like before. Amount of shards and how you want to hand them out is not set in stone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    We are not talking about PUGs. We are talking about competitive environment where current legendaries should not exist. Look at warcraftlogs and what kind of gear top parses have. You will need to scroll for a long time to find someone w/o a legendary.
    The person I quoted was talking about PUGs. Learn to read. Maybe?

And your competitive environment of top parses is just a competition you've created in your own head. Who the hell even cares about top parses for anything else but lulz after progression is done?

There is legitimate complaint about legendaries being unfair for the very top guilds (let's say top 50 for arguments sake). Because they have the player material where couple 2% from an item might actually make a difference during the race. For vast majority of mythic raiders it doesn't because the variance in their execution is way more than any gain from legendary.

And bear in mind that we're now talking about mythic raiders only. So only a small fraction of a fraction has a legitimate complaint about them.

They make absolutely no difference at all (except for being a "nice cool surprise drop") for the large majority off raiders and they definitely make no difference for people who don't raid.

If you're one of those top 50 guild players - then sure. Cry away about the unfairness. But for the rest of us mortals... why not just enjoy the game for the fun little thing it is?
    Last edited by mmoc53950756e3; 2016-10-18 at 08:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arel00 View Post
    No, if you can just pick one and farm resources/quests/progress for the next it becomes a grind like everything else. I agree with Blizzard when they said you should feel exited getting one, not just relieved because you've finished a grind.
    But that is exactly what it has ended up becoming anyway for a lot of people that are grinding for the chance to get one, unless ofc they get the two worst stats for their class.

Deleted
    I think the "problem" hasn't even a majority behind it. Hence we don't need a solution for a problem that does not exist.
    Last edited by mmocd6d7b58413; 2016-10-18 at 08:48 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem: people complaining
    The solution: ignore it

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post

The people without a good legendary combo might just as well unsub.
    Completely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post

Completely ridiculous.
    Is it? If you can't compete at the same level as others of equal skill then why compete at all?

Deleted
    Just to give you an idea how fucked up the system is for Warlocks: The single best legendary across the board is one that can only be looted if you have Demonology as your loot spec. Of course, if you intend to play Demonology, that is not an issue. Should you choose to go Demonology as your loot spec as Affliction or Destruction, you have a very realistic chance that, once you get a legendary, it'll be one that has no benefit outside of the high itemlevel.

The legendary system is the system I despise the most right after how artifacts were executed - at least if you value performance and you're willing to swap specs on a per-encounter basis. Those two systems are what is locking people into specs that may or may not be relevant in the near future.

Needless to say, this is only my opinion and I can definitely see people disagreeing. That's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    He says while not ignoring it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abominable View Post
    The problem i have with legendaries at the moment is the massive difference between players who have zero legendaries and players that have 2-3. The system is plain silly right now.
    The problem I have with random people is that the skill difference between players makes those with items but without skills worse players than a level 1 character.
    Its always random gear, this has just a different color and a fixed level. Just think of class trinkets on archimonde or soul capacitator. Or spec trinkets from SoO.
    People always find something to complain.