Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Back to play post 3.0

Last year I played 1-60 in about 2 months. I don't remember why I quit TBH, probably just hit burnout or some other game came out. I'm back now and looking for resources to play 3.1 to 3.4 and onward. I remember using a REALLY great guide site that linked all the MSQs and Side-story stuff and told you exactly what to do next if you got lost. It was free and semi graphical rather than plain text (used in game screens/maps alot) I'd like something similar to get me through to current content. I checked the guides thread but didn't see what I was looking for maybe I overlooked it, and the thread hasn't been updated recently either. If it matters I only have one 60, my PLD. Not sure what else I'd consider leveling as I'm going to try and balance this with WoW. I'm here mainly for the Story. Any help getting re-situated with the game is appreciated. I watched all 4 patch vids but deeper info on all that would be great.

Edit: found the source I used to use. Gamer Escape progression guides.
    Last edited by OGXanos; 2016-10-17 at 06:15 AM.

Dunno how good your gear is. i170 and i200 gear is for Centurio Seals, i230 gear is Lore Tomestones(which are now uncapped), and i260 is now available for the new limited-weekly currency, Scripture Tomestones. New method of getting weekly bonuses is through the Wondrous Tails book.

It's pretty easy to cap Scrip every week, Lore can be farmed pretty easily. If you have trouble getting a solid weapon, try spamming Palace of the Dead to get a i235 weapon. Can't speak to raid progression as I don't keep track of it. But the post-3.0 MSQ lines are much shorter than those post-2.0, so you won't have trouble catching up provided you get gear enough to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    Last year I played 1-60 in about 2 months. I don't remember why I quit TBH, probably just hit burnout or some other game came out. I'm back now and looking for resources to play 3.1 to 3.4 and onward. I remember using a REALLY great guide site that linked all the MSQs and Side-story stuff and told you exactly what to do next if you got lost. It was free and semi graphical rather than plain text (used in game screens/maps alot) I'd like something similar to get me through to current content. I checked the guides thread but didn't see what I was looking for maybe I overlooked it, and the thread hasn't been updated recently either. If it matters I only have one 60, my PLD. Not sure what else I'd consider leveling as I'm going to try and balance this with WoW. I'm here mainly for the Story. Any help getting re-situated with the game is appreciated. I watched all 4 patch vids but deeper info on all that would be great.

Edit: found the source I used to use. Gamer Escape progression guides.
    For Heavensward MSQ, the basic rule of thumb is head back to House Fortemps Manor if you had completed MSQ up to a point, because that's where each patch's MSQ additions start back up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys. Little things like those tips provided are good to have.

EDIT: Have there been any new class sets added since 3.0?
    Last edited by OGXanos; 2016-10-18 at 05:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys. Little things like those tips provided are good to have.

EDIT: Have there been any new class sets added since 3.0?
    If by class sets you mean class themed gear? Then no

Remember this game works a bit differently from WoW where one weapon per class and all gear(bar dragoon and class gear) is broken down into 3 categories Stamina(tank gear) mail strength gear(dragoon) strength gear(Monk) dexterity gear(ninja Arcanist and machinist if I recall right) intelligence gear(black mage summoner) and mind gear(healers)

So say we get a new raid(which we just did lol) it gives us a new TANK set not a new say WAR set bar class themed sets which seem to be once per expansion.

Leveling gear is a bit different in that it is setup more broadly overall with say blm and why sharing gear..post 50 it ends(holdover from 1.0 most likely)

Sooo answers yes and no depending on if you mean gear aimed JUST at say a warrior or summoner and a yes if you mean tier/raid gear

Either way it is CRAZY easy to gear up I have a buddy who hit Ilv 205 minimum for up to 3.3 story in under a week.

Each dungeon drops progressively better gear then the catchup raids that drop either Ilv 200 or Ilv 230 gear. I mean he'll some dungeons now drop like Ilv 225 I believe it is. So you are set

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    dexterity gear(ninja Arcanist and machinist if I recall right)
    Think you meant Bard, Arcanist is base-class for Summoner and Scholar.

10+ Year Old Account
    If by class sets you mean class themed gear? Then no

Remember this game works a bit differently from WoW where one weapon per class and all gear(bar dragoon and class gear) is broken down into 3 categories Stamina(tank gear) mail strength gear(dragoon) strength gear(Monk) dexterity gear(ninja Arcanist and machinist if I recall right) intelligence gear(black mage summoner) and mind gear(healers)

So say we get a new raid(which we just did lol) it gives us a new TANK set not a new say WAR set bar class themed sets which seem to be once per expansion.

Leveling gear is a bit different in that it is setup more broadly overall with say blm and why sharing gear..post 50 it ends(holdover from 1.0 most likely)

Sooo answers yes and no depending on if you mean gear aimed JUST at say a warrior or summoner and a yes if you mean tier/raid gear

Either way it is CRAZY easy to gear up I have a buddy who hit Ilv 205 minimum for up to 3.3 story in under a week.

Each dungeon drops progressively better gear then the catchup raids that drop either Ilv 200 or Ilv 230 gear. I mean he'll some dungeons now drop like Ilv 225 I believe it is. So you are set
    Ah right, class gear is just from class story then. I think i still have most of at least one set. Thanks for the reminder there. I knew there was 'role/stat' armor from raids, just wasn't sure if new class themed sets were in. Probably get that in 4.0. I still remember seeing PLD 50 armor when I first started and had that 'wow' factor moment I haven't had since vanilla WoW. FF does a great job with the "where'd they get that from!" moments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Think you meant Bard, Arcanist is base-class for Summoner and Scholar.
    Lol I did thanks still out of it and got sick post fanfest

- - - Updated - - -

Ah right, class gear is just from class story then. I think i still have most of at least one set. Thanks for the reminder there. I knew there was 'role/stat' armor from raids, just wasn't sure if new class themed sets were in. Probably get that in 4.0. I still remember seeing PLD 50 armor when I first started and had that 'wow' factor moment I haven't had since vanilla WoW. FF does a great job with the "where'd they get that from!" moments.
    Oh that would be the Ilv 200/210 sets then at launch. You get them via centurio seals via doing heavenward hunts. I had assumed you knew about em my bad.

They move gear their when they remove the old currency.

And yeah the badass thing is the old Ilv 90 armor was the 2.0 raid quality gear they really did what they could to make questing and leveling easier msq wise without nerfing it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Dunno how good your gear is. i170 and i200 gear is for Centurio Seals, i230 gear is Lore Tomestones(which are now uncapped), and i260 is now available for the new limited-weekly currency, Scripture Tomestones. New method of getting weekly bonuses is through the Wondrous Tails book.

It's pretty easy to cap Scrip every week, Lore can be farmed pretty easily. If you have trouble getting a solid weapon, try spamming Palace of the Dead to get a i235 weapon. Can't speak to raid progression as I don't keep track of it. But the post-3.0 MSQ lines are much shorter than those post-2.0, so you won't have trouble catching up provided you get gear enough to do it.
    I was looking and i'm worse off than I thought. I must have quit early in 3.0. I'm only 153 right now, most of left side is 145 whites/greys from questing. Centurio seals is from the hunts if I remember right but I'm not sure how/where to turn them into gear? Anyone that can break it down for me a bit more here would be appreciated. Sorry to be such a total nub >.<

Edit: Also is there a recommended order to acquire pieces? weapon/shield>chest>legs? etc
    Last edited by OGXanos; 2016-10-18 at 07:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Centurio seals is from the hunts if I remember right but I'm not sure how/where to turn them into gear?
    The Forgotten Knight inn, in Foundation - Yolaine sells i200 artifact gear.

X: 13 Y: 11.8

10+ Year Old Account
    I was looking and i'm worse off than I thought. I must have quit early in 3.0. I'm only 153 right now, most of left side is 145 whites/greys from questing. Centurio seals is from the hunts if I remember right but I'm not sure how/where to turn them into gear? Anyone that can break it down for me a bit more here would be appreciated. Sorry to be such a total nub >.<

Edit: Also is there a recommended order to acquire pieces? weapon/shield>chest>legs? etc
    As for the order it is generally weapon/chest or legs(weapons if purchasable are very pricey and sometimes time gated so chest and legs till you can get a weapon)then others buuut since going for Ilv get the highest Ilv increases you can and remember to check iddylshire as you run dungeons. You cam buy Ilv 230 and Ilv 250 gear for tombstones their

Then alot of dungeons will drop even better gear then the centurio once you are Ilv 175 ir so look at unlocking some raids
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2016-10-18 at 07:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    The Forgotten Knight inn, in Foundation - Yolaine sells i200 artifact gear.

X: 13 Y: 11.8
    Perfect. They took out the stupid trade for item then trade for gear thing.

As for the order it is generally weapon/chest or legs(weapons if purchasable are very pricey and sometimes time gated so chest and legs till you can get a weapon)then others buuut since going for Ilv get the highest Ilv increases you can and remember to check iddylshire as you run dungeons. You cam buy Ilv 230 and Ilv 250 gear for tombstones their

Then alot of dungeons will drop even better gear then the centurio once you are Ilv 175 ir so look at unlocking some raids
    Will do but omg lvl 200 PLD looks so nice, I'll have to get it.

Perfect. They took out the stupid trade for item then trade for gear thing.

Will do but omg lvl 200 PLD looks so nice, I'll have to get it.
    The vendor next to the woman who sells the ilvl 200 gear sells the upgrade items that bump those up to ilvl 210; also of note, the 210 versions of that gear are all dyeable (well, the armor and weapons are, not jewelry).

Jump in a hunt linkshell, toss up a group in PF for hunting, and get after them. A day or two of hunting and you can easily have a full set of 210 gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    The vendor next to the woman who sells the ilvl 200 gear sells the upgrade items that bump those up to ilvl 210; also of note, the 210 versions of that gear are all dyeable (well, the armor and weapons are, not jewelry).

Jump in a hunt linkshell, toss up a group in PF for hunting, and get after them. A day or two of hunting and you can easily have a full set of 210 gear.
    Even better! TY!

Even better! TY!
    Or you can get Guildwork and use it to get Hunt notifications, assuming you're not playing on some boondocks server. You wanna go after any S-Rank and all the HW A-Ranks you can. Besides awarding Marks, they give Tomestones too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems cool but how is it not against TOS? I thought all addons and similar programs were.

Guildworks is sort of a gray area. You wont get banned as long as you don't go announcing to everyone saying "HEY LOOK AT ME I"M FASTER THAN YOU CAUSE I USE GUILDWORKS" then you're good.

Yep. I know people use it cos I see the same folks showing up to Hunts as soon as I do when I jump in on the spawn notification. If you can find a Hunt LS or people to regularly group with, great. Otherwise, this is your best option. Plus it has the side-bonus of a chat filter option, filling in the gaps SE can't in keeping you RMT-free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my gosh. I hate Lalas but Krile just won me over making Alphino look the fool with her introduction.

Oh my gosh. I hate Lalas but Krile just won me over making Alphino look the fool with her introduction.
    Krile is bae.