Page 1 of 3
LastLast

They should put a weekly cap on how often you can vote people out of groups

With the current implementation of the game, you can only queue for trivial content using the dungeon finder/lfr, this doesn't stop people from briefing others. And it happens more often than you think.

I could list out too many times I've been kicked just because I spoke up and called someone bad out something a long those lines and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

People rarely if ever use the tool to remove an actual problem player, I.e. Player who is afl, or worse.

If you are causing a disturbance you get removed. Something to the effect of "If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

You seem to be running into an inordinate number of assholes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the View Post
    If you are causing a disturbance you get removed. Something to the effect of "If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

This pretty much says it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    I could list out too many times I've been kicked just because I spoke up and called someone bad out something a long those lines
    I read that as "I got kicked for being a douche." You might want to first consider if it might be you who's the "problem player."

oh man, i've got to remember that one.

seriously OP, if i'm in a random group, and the second something goes wrong and a guy starts raging, I'd instantly vote him out. its a pisspoor attitude, especially since you don't know who you are playing with. could be some kid who just started playing, random queue stuff is for learning or non hardcore, lighten up. what you should do instead before bosses is ask if people know the fight if you're so good, and then explain it. if the group wipes, offer advice. if the "bad" gets a bad attitude because you offer advice, then call them out on it.

Definitely enjoying Mythic runs because people with bad attitudes seem to be less common (from what i've seen) mythic+ is a little more hit or miss...OP, consider running mythic+ to alleviate your issue since you can't stand the smell of those less talented than you?
    Last edited by Ornerybear; 2016-10-18 at 06:02 PM.

People speak the truth... even IF you are correct in calling out bads, whine about ppls dps and such (with facts on your side), it's STILL not a motivational speech you are running by casting blame. NOONE responds well to getting massively bitched at!

Constructive info might help but usually not even that will make certain people listen, so either regroup and try again or simply leave if you think it's unbearable! :/

Then they should also put a weekly cap on afking idiots and 'casuals' with 50k dps in your groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    I read that as "I got kicked for being a douche." You might want to first consider if it might be you who's the "problem player."
    No I don't need to consider that as it's never the case, I was pulling pulling much more than my own weight, and honestly I'm not interested in your b.s. Everyone knows this is a problem. For the record no, more like kicked because we had trolls in the group and as usual people don't even bother to see who they're kicking.

This wasn't a first time incident either but in this case we had a tank that was pulling mass mobs and not holding aggro and running way ahead of the group after first boss, and a bunch of people died because he insisted on being "fast". Nvm that I did 100 million more dmg than anyone else in the group and him and his buddies were afk most of the time except for the boss. Merely calling out actually problematic players resulted in me being kicked.

I'd be more inclined to think you're the special kind of problem player that blames other people for shit when you're in fact causing problems all the time and votes them out without even thinking twice.

Whatever the case is, there are much fewer players using LFD or LFR regularly now, and putting a cap on votes for the week would go a long way to curtailing the nonsense while still allowing you to use the feature when you need to.

How dare someone call out a shitty tank that can't hold aggro, gets people killed, is fully aware of it and then goades people into voting out people that call him out. That guy isn't abusing the system or anything he's perfectly fine right? *yawn*

Just to be clear, none of you have demonstrated a good argument for not implementing a system that would force people to think carefully before deciding to vote someone out.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2016-10-18 at 06:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Wrong.
    Some guildless "Grievous Gladiator" huntard called for a kick on another DPS before the last boss with the reason "50k dps", when it was more like a few times that. He did it for fun, not for that guy's DPS. The vote failed.
    At the start of the run he caps locked MAX DPS. It was just a random heroic..
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, shouldn't. Because, there will always be rotten apples.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

There is no need to, as nothing worth caring about has this feature in it.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

No I don't need to consider that as it's never the case, I was pulling pulling much more than my own weight, and honestly I'm not interested in your b.s. Everyone knows this is a problem. For the record no, more like kicked because we had trolls in the group and as usual people don't even bother to see who they're kicking.

This wasn't a first time incident either but in this case we had a tank that was pulling mass mobs and not holding aggro and running way ahead of the group after first boss, and a bunch of people died because he insisted on being "fast". Nvm that I did 100 million more dmg than anyone else in the group and him and his buddies were afk most of the time except for the boss. Merely calling out actually problematic players resulted in me being kicked.

I'd be more inclined to think you're the special kind of problem player that blames other people for shit when you're in fact causing problems all the time and votes them out without even thinking twice.

Whatever the case is, there are much fewer players using LFD or LFR regularly now, and putting a cap on votes for the week would go a long way to curtailing the nonsense while still allowing you to use the feature when you need to.

How dare someone call out a shitty tank that can't hold aggro, gets people killed, is fully aware of it and then goades people into voting out people that call him out. That guy isn't abusing the system or anything he's perfectly fine right? *yawn*

Just to be clear, none of you have demonstrated a good argument for not implementing a system that would force people to think carefully before deciding to vote someone out.
    Dude. The only thing you accomplished in that entire rant was that everyone else here has a pretty valid point.

I recommend cooling down instead if typing when you find you're about to rant in party chat, considering its been a few years since I've been kicked from a group (and I have the suspicion the case is the same for many other people here)

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that would not work. So if you use your 4 kickvotes in 2 days, then you just have to accept terrible people the rest of the week?... Yeah, not gonna happend friend
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Guys, I can't figure out why I keep getting kicked after calling people bad for not living up to my expectations.

What you consider "worthwhile" is a matter of opinion. There are good reasons for everyone to do LFR and queue for rnadom heroics, actually.

Way to miss the point that the issue is douche bags that vote people out for no good reason. I can only assume you are such a person if this type of feature would bother you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Wrong.
    Some guildless "Grievous Gladiator" huntard called for a kick on another DPS before the last boss with the reason "50k dps", when it was more like a few times that. He did it for fun, not for that guy's DPS. The vote failed.
    Ya that guy could be a douche, but then again the guy he was trying to kick was probably half assing it on purpose. No one likes dead weight.

I certainly don't mind carrying people, I'm 869 I lvl, have one of the best legendaries for my spec and an 898 artifact with soon to be maxed out traits. Typically it's not hard for me to top the meters, but I like getting through content as fast and efficiently as possible so I put in extra effort.

Being a new player is one thing, but being a leach is something else. Personally what I hate are douche bag tanks that have clearly never main tanked for any guild before in all their time playing wow but have a huge attitude, even when they're consistently doing really dumb shit. You can say the same for any class really, but people still have some kind of distorted view of tanks and heals at lower lvl content as if they can do no wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    Dude. The only thing you accomplished in that entire rant was that everyone else here has a pretty valid point.
    What valid point? Tank was a class a jerk, knew his antics were getting people killed, knew he was mostly not participating. Voted me out because I called him out. Sorry no I don't have issues and you don't have a good point. What you also don't seek to have is a spine or common sense.

If this were a one time incident I wouldn't care but people frequently abuse these features on a whim. Why the hell not curtail their ability to do that?

Because you like doing it, or you don't care. In which case this topic isn't for you. There's the ������

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    What valid point? Tank was a class a jerk, knew his antics were getting people killed, knew he was mostly not participating. Voted me out because I called him out. Sorry no I don't have issues and you don't have a good point. What you also don't seek to have is a spine or common sense.

If this were a one time incident I wouldn't care but people frequently abuse these features on a whim. Why the hell not curtail their ability to do that?

Because you like doing it, or you don't care. In which case this topic isn't for you. There's the

I think you should be required to select a pre-scripted reason for the kick, but i don't think you should necessarily impose limits on how often you can kick a player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou
    I could list out too many times I've been kicked just because I spoke up and called someone bad out something a long those lines and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    I wouldn't opt to kick you, but i'd probably drop you on my ignore list for your attitude. The only time i ever call to boot a player is if they are deliberately afking for an extended period of time. Heroics aren't remotely challenging enough to warrant "calling people out" for low DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya that guy could be a douche, but then again the guy he was trying to kick was probably half assing it on purpose. No one likes dead weight.

I certainly don't mind carrying people, I'm 869 I lvl, have one of the best legendaries for my spec and an 898 artifact with soon to be maxed out traits. Typically it's not hard for me to top the meters, but I like getting through content as fast and efficiently as possible so I put in extra effort.

Being a new player is one thing, but being a leach is something else. Personally what I hate are douche bag tanks that have clearly never main tanked for any guild before in all their time playing wow but have a huge attitude, even when they're consistently doing really dumb shit. You can say the same for any class really, but people still have some kind of distorted view of tanks and heals at lower lvl content as if they can do no wrong.
    You're absolutely wrong. The damage was fine, that elitist retard did it for fun, and I called for his ignore after the run ended.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the current implementation of the game, you can only queue for trivial content using the dungeon finder/lfr, this doesn't stop people from briefing others. And it happens more often than you think.

People rarely if ever use the tool to remove an actual problem player, I.e. Player who is afl, or worse.
    I almost never run into a problem where I feel the need to berate someone because of their performance. So the tank pulls a pack that isn't necessary. Big deal. So someone's dps is not on par with their ilvl. Are you having trouble completing the content? Then who cares?

AFK? No excuse... boot, and most of us are on the same page on that one.

I did run into a pretty poor healer this last week in TWing... but he appeared to be trying. But I really just didn't want to put up with it... SO I LEFT!

In regards to your proposed solution I am not sure it would necessarily do anything to improve YOUR situation. I can't imagine that you are queuing and being placed with the SAME people, and since that is almost definitely not happening, you have NO IDEA how many times the people that have vote kicked you have done that in the past week and thus have no benchmark as to whether or not their vote kicking habits are excessive.

So to sum it up, my experience is I never get kicked, and I rarely vote to kick someone else. So here we have at the very least a 50/50 account of what may or may not be a legitimate issue. Does abuse 50% of the time warrant a change? Although it probably isn't even 50%... assuming that EVERY single matchmaking experience resulted in at least 1 vote kick per run... you'd have an 80% positive experience with the system in 5 mans, and only 20% with people that have had a negative experience. But as I mentioned most of my runs don't require someone to get kicked, so that makes the positive higher and negative less. This also doesn't account for the people that get kicked and KNOW they deserved it, who probably (unless out of spite) wouldn't claim dissatisfaction as clearly it is working as intended.

I would much rather play with someone who was under performing, than some self-proclaimed casual behaving like some delusional asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    I almost never run into a problem where I feel the need to berate someone because of their performance. So the tank pulls a pack that isn't necessary. Big deal. So someone's dps is not on par with their ilvl. Are you having trouble completing the content? Then who cares?
    You didn't read my posts here. I didn't just call someone put for bad dps and I'm not that kind of a guy, I called a tank out who was afk most of the time, and then started rushing on trash, lost aggro and people died. Reading is actually fundamental.

At any rate how is your argument an argument against giving people a cap on how many people per week they can vote out? The point is people would all have to be much more aware of who they're voting out and for why.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Wrong.
    I fail to see how the system working and ultimately preventing a bad kick counters the notion that if you're getting kicked from groups regularly it's your fault.

For your example to actually made any sense the "huntard" would have had to succeed in his kick attempt.