How do you handle mortal strike in <20% rotation w/gloves?

CS (no SD up/otherwise absent) > Exe (if SD present) > MS > Exe?

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    How do you handle mortal strike in <20% rotation w/gloves?

CS (no SD up/otherwise absent) > Exe (if SD present) > MS > Exe?
    MS on cooldown. Use SD on execute.

W/the gloves should I think about arms like the slam heavy rotation w/FR to manage my rage, or the FR heavy rotation w/slam to manage my rage?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    W/the gloves should I think about arms like the slam heavy rotation w/FR to manage my rage, or the FR heavy rotation w/slam to manage my rage?
    With the gloves you can think of it as the "everything" heavy rotation where you'll spam away. You could literally almost bind FR to all your abilities. You will drown in rage, especially with some PS Relics.

So after 11 days something at 110 I got my first legendary. Contrary to my predictions I actually got a got a good one (Ayala's)! I must say having it did not only noticeably increase my damage, it made Arms a lot more fun to play! I know similar thoughts have been expressed previously in this thread, but to those who are getting sick of bad RNG as Arms I can confirm that the ring helps A LOT.

By the way, doing Wrath of Azshara with the ring was quite a lot of fun. IIRC I used to do maybe 310-340 K DPS on a Mythic5 WoA at ilvl 857 (with just 300 food and maybe a WoD str flask). Now with the ring and two other smaller upgrades (ilvl 861) I did ~440 K DPS on the boss, almost non-stop Execute or CS Execute =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Michh View Post
    I'm not even sure you reliably have enough rage for that opener. Regardless, it's not correct. You only have 2 FRms in opening, and no slam before CDs and ms.
    You want a 3xFR MS within your BC and since I'm Belf I have enough rage for it.

Deleted
    Should I go Sweeping Strikes for Dragons of Nightmare Mythic or stay with Dauntless? and for Il'gynoth/Cenarius?

Quote Originally Posted by heidenka View Post
    Should I go Sweeping Strikes for Dragons of Nightmare Mythic or stay with Dauntless? and for Il'gynoth/Cenarius?
    There is no encounter right now where you can utilize Sweeping Strikes. It has such a pitiful range that its not even funny.

That legendary ring brings BC up faster by at least 8 seconds, minimum. This is with 2 Execute procs. My average is like 3-4 while BC is on CD.

Deleted
    So im up for my first M+10 (arcway) tonight as arms.
    Anyone got some helpful stuff i can work with.

-Optional talents: Example being Sweeping strikes vs Dauntless.

-Prio on single or cleave: Example being if i should focus on killing certain mobs quickly over cleaving when X+ targets are up.

-Flasks / food choices: Perhaps some food is better on cleave while others are better for single target.

Other tips are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinka View Post
    -Prio on single or cleave: Example being if i should focus on killing certain mobs quickly over cleaving when X+ targets are up.
    Depends on the affixes. EU and NA have different affixes each week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Depends on the affixes. EU and NA have different affixes each week.
    Volcanic
    Sanguine
    Fortified

Thanks for the quick answer.

Volcanic
    Sanguine
    Fortified

Thanks for the quick answer.
    These affixes don't really change much for a melee dps. Your main purpose would be to kick A LOT in this dugeon. The rest is the same as any other difficulties: kill casters, focus apparitions and smart pulls. The pressure is like 80% on heal and tanks here. Volcanic zones are especially fun not being drawn properly under fire mage rune, shaman healing circle, consecration etc.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2016-10-18 at 02:58 PM.

Deleted
    So i just did the run. It was horrible. My dps was trash compared to the moonkin and monk. Single target was only a tiny bit better than the monk while he blew me away in aoe other than bladestorm dps. Moonkin topped at all times.

Volcanic is a lie (distant players). It spawned more under melee feet. Together with sanguine it felt like i was playing dance dance revolution.
    As usual higher ranks of M+ become so melee unfriendly.
    Together with butchered arms dps, now i get why no one wants to take arms warrs anymore.

So i just did the run. It was horrible. My dps was trash compared to the moonkin and monk. Single target was only a tiny bit better than the monk while he blew me away in aoe other than bladestorm dps. Moonkin topped at all times.

Volcanic is a lie (distant players). It spawned more under melee feet. Together with sanguine it felt like i was playing dance dance revolution.
    As usual higher ranks of M+ become so melee unfriendly.
    Together with butchered arms dps, now i get why no one wants to take arms warrs anymore.
    Yeah, Arms isn't the most fun for mythic+. You need to pop your CDs constantly for trash, which leaves you with bad boss starts often - meanwhile everyone else outpaces you on trash consistently. Not a good look. Throw in standard arms RNG and it can be a nightmare.

Arms is pretty frustrating unless you have the correct legendaries.

Fury, especially after the minor buffs come in next week, will probably be a lot more consistent and just overall better for mythic+.

Deleted
    Volcanic is a lie (distant players). It spawned more under melee feet.
    This happens when all players cuddle up, then the monsters cannot target anyone far away, because no one is there, so it uses whatever next best target.

Distant players is not ranged classes, just anyone far away.

maybe, maybe , maybe besides mythic 4-, everything above 5+ = dauntless > SS. at least that's what i saw. even with perfect cleave-ww cs/ms on trash mobs i do on my best runs 340k overall but with dauntless 340k is the minimum i get and with less tryharding.
    personaly i would only take SS talent on low lvl M+ when u pull everything and constantly and going for +2+3 chests. even then it would be a hard choice.

from my personal xperience.

So im up for my first M+10 (arcway) tonight as arms.
    Anyone got some helpful stuff i can work with.

-Optional talents: Example being Sweeping strikes vs Dauntless.

-Flasks / food choices: Perhaps some food is better on cleave while others are better for single target.

Other tips are welcome.
    I know it's a bit late, but you know what's surprisingly not bad for single target? Felmouth Frenzy. Still does 1.5-2% of my overall damage on most pulls, including raid bosses. I had a ton from WoD stashed, and used it when I was out of Mastery food one night. I was pleasantly surprised.

15+ Year Old Account
    Going into mythic+ as arms, you'll have to realize and understand that you're filling a ST role. WW monk and boomkin are aoe roles, although they're both strong on ST as well.

As Arms, going w/ mastery food, best flask, vauntus runes and old war pots (not cheap I know, but a must to shine on mythic8+). Going in with most optimal ST FR spec and utilizing Shockwave for additional stun aoe C is of great assist as well.

Deleted
    Im totally aware of arms being a prime single target spec. (apart from bladestorm.)
    But in the end the overall damage though the dungeon is going to suffer.
    Secondly with bosses being generally easier vs trash it just feels aoe/ cleave is way more beneficial vs single target.

In the end i didn't feel i was doing significant more single target dps vs the monk and moonkin to justify my lack of aoe. (thats where i was trying to go.)