Getting "inmune" attacks sometimes

Hey all.

Since yesterday, I'm trying Assassination and I'm having an issue with some attacks. Sometimes (generally at the beginning of a boss) I use Mutilate, spend the energy and do no damage or get no combo points.

I was thinking that maybe it's for my bad ping these days, but has no sense because I lost all my energy, get no combo points and see a "inmune" text instead of damage numbers.

I also thought that maybe it was the crip poison and the "inmune" refer to the slow debuff. But I have tried without it and have the same result.

Anyone has an idea?

Deleted
    I'd guess its the garrote silence.

How do you even play assassination in pve is my question.. sooooo boring. Rogue in general in pve is boring but outlaw is the only spec i can stomach in pve.

I've seen weird stuff in general on my rogue this expansion that I've never experienced before. Like pistol shot firing the animation and sound, without being in range and thus not doing damage (easily replicated by running towards a mob from out of range, while spamming pistol shot), as well as damage abilities being used and spending resources, but mobs don't take any damage and don't show absorbed or immune (normal regular mobs in the world).

Overall there seem to be some odd range issues that I just can't wrap my head around on my rogue. I play several melee classes, but I've only really noticed it on the rogue.

Edit: And to the person who posted before me: Why does it matter what he plays? People like different stuff. I for example prefer Assassination in raids because it's way more interesting to me than Outlaw. With Assa I have to keep up debuffs and watch timers and rotation. With Outlaw I just have to get lucky with RTB instead of rolling 'reduce CD' 5 times in a row, spending 6 CPs every roll, which gets frustrating as hell. I play Assa for raids, Outlaw in 5 mans, and Sub when I quest because of the nice solo traits in the artifact weapon. Each to their own.
    Last edited by CmA; 2016-10-18 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaulitz View Post
    I'd guess its the garrote silence.
    Could be, but I also cast mutilate after garrote and still have 0 combo points (And no energy)

Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    How do you even play assassination in pve is my question.. sooooo boring. Rogue in general in pve is boring but outlaw is the only spec i can stomach in pve.
    I don't like the RNG from Roll the Bones. 5-6 times rolling one buff is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by CmA View Post
    I've seen weird stuff in general on my rogue this expansion that I've never experienced before. Like pistol shot firing the animation and sound, without being in range and thus not doing damage (easily replicated by running towards a mob from out of range, while spamming pistol shot), as well as damage abilities being used and spending resources, but mobs don't take any damage and don't show absorbed or immune (normal regular mobs in the world).

Overall there seem to be some odd range issues that I just can't wrap my head around on my rogue. I play several melee classes, but I've only really noticed it on the rogue.

Edit: And to the person who posted before me: Why does it matter what he plays? People like different stuff. I for example prefer Assassination in raids because it's way more interesting to me than Outlaw. With Assa I have to keep up debuffs and watch timers and rotation. With Outlaw I just have to get lucky with RTB instead of rolling 'reduce CD' 5 times in a row, spending 6 CPs every roll, which gets frustrating as hell. I play Assa for raids, Outlaw in 5 mans, and Sub when I quest because of the nice solo traits in the artifact weapon. Each to their own.
    I also have noticed the pistol shot bug, shooting and doing no damage/CP but wasting your energy.

You can replicate that very simple.
    With Sub it's even more hilarious.
    You go to the Stormwind trainingdummies. Target a dummy and go behind a wall. Your are in range of the dummy but your vision is blocked.
    Now you spam Pistolshot. Your character will draw a pistol but you don't spent energy or do damage.
    Now comes the funny part. Do the same with Sub but use Shadowstrike. Your Char will rapid fire the Strike animation on your current position.

I did that in the Prepatch, maybe it was fixed since when, but it looked hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    There's actually quite a bit of nuancing in priority and rotation for sin and sub. But yes, if you play it like a pleb, it is 5 buttons.