Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This guy really loves making LFR debate threads. Can you give it a rest already?

As for the topic, gating is a good idea on multiple levels. Firstly, it's better that LFR players see the content after normal raiders can. This is for the prestige factor actually putting in more time and effort. Secondly, it's about subscriptions. A casual would have subbed for September for leveling, and if LFR didn't come out in waves, they could have just ended their sub. With the gating, they would have gotten an October subscription too.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Put your money where your mouth is.

Blozzard have never been more disengaged from player suggestions. Off you go, make a stand.
    You just like saying random things now don't you. Not going to unsub because of a LFR delay. I am letting my sub drop soon just to take a break and play some other games, not cause I am quitting the game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    and yet LFR was buffed in rewards and so was the rest of the game outside of NM+ raiding. I guess that little fact doesn't matter does it.

Once again good thing you don't run blizzard, it would be shutdown in a week.
    LFR rewards were buffed because WoD rewards made the whole thing pointless for anyone wanting to gear an alt, move up from LFR, or reroll. Baleful tokens were an attempt to fix this without admitting the mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    Straight from Blizzard:
    LFR justifies the creation of more raid content when millions of players are able to see content. Only a few thousand people actually saw Kel'thuzad, but millions saw Deathwing. The reason Mists of Pandaria is starting with 18 bosses and adding larger raid tiers than we have had previously is because many players are going to see the raids through LFR.

This justifies LFR. As for gating. Honestly, I feel pretty good about the fact that I cleared Xavius before he was released on LFR. That's just me being selfish. I like the gating, it pushes folks into trying Normal mode.
    Straight from Blizzard:
    LFR justifies the creation of more raid content when millions of players are able to see content. Only a few thousand people actually saw Kel'thuzad, but millions saw Deathwing. The reason Mists of Pandaria is starting with 18 bosses and adding larger raid tiers than we have had previously is because many players are going to see the raids through LFR.

Do people quoting this shit even read what they post?

- - - Updated - - -

You just like saying random things now don't you. Not going to unsub because of a LFR delay. I am letting my sub drop soon just to take a break and play some other games, not cause I am quitting the game.
    I'm sorry that my large words confuse you.

I apologise wholeheartedly and will endeavour to limit myself to a maximum of two syllables.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    This guy really loves making LFR debate threads. Can you give it a rest already?

As for the topic, gating is a good idea on multiple levels. Firstly, it's better that LFR players see the content after normal raiders can. This is for the prestige factor actually putting in more time and effort. Secondly, it's about subscriptions. A casual would have subbed for September for leveling, and if LFR didn't come out in waves, they could have just ended their sub. With the gating, they would have gotten an October subscription too.
    INDIVIDUAL PRESTIGE AND ACHIEVEMENTS MUST BE WIPED OUT IN GLORIOUS COMMUNIST REPUBLIC OF LFR.

OFF TO THE GULAG WITH YOU, CKYA BLYAT!

(p.s. I don't actually think you're a whore bitch)
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Straight from Blizzard:

I'm going to save this. I actually thought they were quoting Blizzard correctly lmao. Now I can spam it on every new thread Jtbrig makes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    It was not just about gears, It was also about how non-raiders get to see and beat the last boss in the same week before raiders do. For some people, there is the "prestige" associated with seeing and beating the content before others.
    Those people are wrong and should not be pandered to.
    Wrath baby and proud of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    Those people are wrong and should not be pandered to.
    Well said, comrade.

Vsia vlast’ Sovetam!
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    I'm going to save this. I actually thought they were quoting Blizzard correctly lmao. Now I can spam it on every new thread Jtbrig makes.
    Phrases like:
    LFR is the reason raids still exist in the game
    LFR funds the creation of raids
    There would be no raids without LFR

All missquotes of what Blizzard actually said:
    LFR gives reason and purpose to creating more raid content than usual because everyone is seeing the content.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep seems all those that disagree can only do one or more of the fallowing....

1) Insult me.
    2) Call casuals entitled
    3) Say they don't want it to change because they hate LFR for X reason.
    I gave a perfectly good response that was neither of those 3 things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by user81213 View Post
    LFR= Literal Fucking Retards
    I think it's

LFR=Losers Find Relief
    LFR=Likes Friendly Recess
    LFR=Lookout For Retards
    LFR=Looking For Retards

Straight from Blizzard:

I think I might like you sir.

Straight from Blizzard:

I am confused. That quote proves that thanks to LFR we get bigger raids but you seem to be implying the opposite?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I think it's

LFR=Losers Find Relief
    LFR=Likes Friendly Recess
    LFR=Lookout For Retards
    LFR=Looking For Retards
    And people wonder why people from LFR don't step into normals. They want to avoid you and the people like you.

You're lucky LOLFR is even in the game at all.

Be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    You're lucky LOLFR is even in the game at all.

Be happy.
    No champ you are, otherwise raid quality would be massively cut or just outright gone.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    No champ you are, otherwise raid quality would be massively cut or just outright gone.
    There would be less raids. Small price to pay to stop people dumbing them down.

You should really try reading that post you love to quote.

"LFR justifies the creation of more raid content when millions of players are able to see content. Only a few thousand people actually saw Kel'thuzad, but millions saw Deathwing. The reason Mists of Pandaria is starting with 18 bosses and adding larger raid tiers than we have had previously is because many players are going to see the raids through LFR."

The raids of TBC and Wrath were pretty good, even without LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    I am confused. That quote proves that thanks to LFR we get bigger raids but you seem to be implying the opposite?
    The implication is that without LFR, there would be longer raid tiers and less bosses throughout the expansion.

What others like to use that quote for is to (incorrectly) proclaim that without LFR, all raids would cease.
    Last edited by Snuffleupagus; 2016-10-18 at 10:48 PM.

I did Normal and Heroic mode on my main and LFR on my alts, and I agree with the OP. The gear in LFR is often worse than what I have on my alts, so I do agree that the gating is not needed. By doing WQ/Dungeons/HDungeons in like a week, it's even better than waiting for LFR gear. Of course, gating is a way to "force" players to do Normal mode first, but at least make LFR all come out one or two weeks later.

Come again?
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=137419/c...bonus=1727%3A0

Also once again doesn't matter. Someone is not going to drop there 890 epic for a 845 set piece. There is zero reasons for LFR to be gated at this point.
    Yeah they will.

There would be less raids. Small price to pay to stop people dumbing them down.
    What a piece of work you are. I thought the pettiness of raiders plateaued with them wanting to deny the majority content they don't have to do but sheesh. You have reached a new low. You would actually cut your nose to spite your face? You would take less raids just so people can't do LFR? You don't want bigger and longer more spectacular raids just because they will release an easy version of it? I am actually gobsmacked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Achievements and accomplishments mean nothing in grand communist utopia of LFR, comrade.
    I can just hear the shit starters now:

LFR Player: "LOL I just killed Gul'dan on LFR and you guys are STILL struggling on Mythic... LULZ you bad!"

10+ Year Old Account
    What a piece of work you are. I thought the pettiness of raiders plateaued with them wanting to deny the majority content they don't have to do but sheesh. You have reached a new low. You would actually cut your nose to spite your face? You would take less raids just so people can't do LFR? You don't want bigger and longer more spectacular raids just because they will release an easy version of it? I am actually gobsmacked.
    Less raids if it means a return to harder mechanics that are less forgiving of mistakes?

Er... yes please.

And if you actually paid attention, you'd note that I have no problem with the concept of LFR. I think locking people out of the story is borderline retarded, which I why I've never understood why the legendary ring quest was removed. Sure, drop the reward, but some pretty key elements showing the lead up to Legion are gone.

Not a great move, especially for new or returning players.

What I'm okay with is dropping players who somehow have the time to play for 12 hours a day and yet still feel that LFR should give the same rewards as organised raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    I can just hear the shit starters now:

LFR Player: "LOL I just killed Gul'dan on LFR and you guys are STILL struggling on Mythic... LULZ you bad!"
    No one needs to start anything, it simply removes the in-game threat of a demigod like Archimonde by making him hit like a child. This is a being that wove a spell to destroy Dalaran, and the way he was presented in LFR does not line up. There was a time when entire servers had to work together to accomplish feats like opening the gates of Ahn'Qiraj.

Toppling the big bad(s) of the world should be just as epic. There's a reason the canon death of Archimonde is the Mythic HFC version.

It's all well and good for certain people in this thread to casually devalue the accomplishment of defeating these bosses, but they completely forget the dynamics of an MMORPG. Considering their apparent lack of social skills and incredible levels of entitlement, it's not surprising, but Blizzard needs to learn to ignore people like that.
    Last edited by Snuffleupagus; 2016-10-18 at 11:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And people wonder why people from LFR don't step into normals. They want to avoid you and the people like you.
    LFR= Likes Free Rekt's
    LFR= Leave Fred's Raid
    LFR= Laughing For Real
    LFR= Losers First Raiding