Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    I'm considering both sides. When the people that want to get him back into the US make a career of lying and manipulating people I don't automatically believe them. He might have thought it would have been okay, obviously it's not but no, I don't consider that "rape", I consider it an asshole thing to do. I don't believe the woman was emotionally scarred for life because he did something they'd already done. Sorry, call me what you want.
    I'm calling you what you are. A rape apologist. The "They had sex before so it isn't rape" argument is just gross.

Ha. I'm anything but. We don't know what really happened. Rape accusations are a serious matter and given the circumstances and the involvement with politics I don't think it's right to state something with such certainty. It almost seems like defamation to try and reduce his credibility, like how they liked to remind people that he hadn't even graduated high school yet he somehow had access to all this information. Not that I'm defending the guys actions but not everything is black and white.
    That's basically the same line every huckster and scammer says when they get nailed. "They're framing me to cover up the truth." Let me guess, Kevin Trudeau and Andrew Wakefield were innocent too, right?

I'm sorry but he's hiding in the hands of a known enemy of freedom of the press in order to dodge a rape investigation while disingenuously claiming it's to protect his own press freedom. He's got the credibility of my crazy scientologist uncle's facebook posts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    This, 1000x this.

It's kinda scary the amount of people on this forum who seemingly have no understanding of consent.
    I hate to bring this up in this thread, but it's exactly what's happening with the Trump Access Hollywood tapes.
    For some reason, there's a lot of people thinking the problem with the tapes was the language used, not the bragging of sexual assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    I hate to bring this up in this thread, but it's exactly what's happening with the Trump Access Hollywood tapes.
    For some reason, there's a lot of people thinking the problem with the tapes was the language used, not the bragging of sexual assault.
    Yeah...too much emphasis on the word "Pussy" and not enough on the "Grab them by"

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    I'm calling you what you are. A rape apologist. The "They had sex before so it isn't rape" argument is just gross.

Sure, because laying in bed and doing sexual shit is rape. Or you know, it could have gone down like any reasonable situation and she said no and that was the end of it. Calling that rape is a little disingenuous to actual violent rape. But whatever, I don't have anything else to say to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, because laying in bed and doing sexual shit is rape. Or you know, it could have gone down like any reasonable situation and she said no and that was the end of it. Calling that rape is a little disingenuous to actual violent rape.
    I think you want to read this back, slowly and carefully, and think about what you're implying. Because it sounds to me like you're implying having sex with an unconscious person isn't "actual rape". Despite it being against the law, and despite her contacting the authorities, and despite him fleeing the country.

Did you miss the memo that there's a pretty wide gap between "doing sexual shit" and "doing consensual sexual shit"? Because most people I know wouldn't blow off penetrating an unconscious woman with sarcasm and "but whatever".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Ok, I know this is really off topic, but in Sweden they even classify a husband nagging his wife for sex as a form of 'rape'. They prosecute something like 30,000 people for rape every year, but only have convictions in around 200 of these cases.
    What the fuck are you smoking? No, it's not classified as a form of rape.

No, we do not prosecute 30,000 people for rape every year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Kits View Post
    What the fuck are you smoking? No, it's not classified as a form of rape.

No, we do not prosecute 30,000 people for rape every year.
    You know, I want to add to this. In the US in 2013, there were about 80,000 cases of rape. I find it incredibly unlikely that Sweden has half as many.

Sure, because laying in bed and doing sexual shit is rape. Or you know, it could have gone down like any reasonable situation and she said no and that was the end of it. Calling that rape is a little disingenuous to actual violent rape. But whatever, I don't have anything else to say to you.
    Yes, laying in bed and putting your penis inside someone that's asleep is rape. The fact that you seem to think it isn't troubles me greatly. I suppose having sex with a girl when she's passed out isn't really rape either, right? Any other non-consensual sex acts you want to classify as "not rape"?

Pro-tip...it doesn't have to be violent for it to be rape. But continue to move your goalposts.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2016-10-18 at 11:26 PM.

Yes, laying in bed and putting your penis inside someone that's asleep is rape. The fact that you seem to think it isn't troubles me greatly. I suppose having sex with a girl when she's passed out isn't really rape either, right? Any other non-consensual sex acts you want to classify as "not rape"?
    What is it with conservatives and their need to define "legitimate" rape?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I think you want to read this back, slowly and carefully, and think about what you're implying. Because it sounds to me like you're implying having sex with an unconscious person isn't "actual rape". Despite it being against the law, and despite her contacting the authorities, and despite him fleeing the country.

Did you miss the memo that there's a pretty wide gap between "doing sexual shit" and "doing consensual sexual shit"? Because most people I know wouldn't blow off penetrating an unconscious woman with sarcasm and "but whatever".
    I dunno man, I gave him the opportunity to rethink his position earlier and he just doubled down on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Funny how totalitarianism and fascism always rises from well intentioned people who believe they are pursuing the greater good.
    and while we want neither of those, let's also remember that not everyone with pursuing good and well intentioned is either of those.

I dunno man, I gave him the opportunity to rethink his position earlier and he just doubled down on it.
    I guess he doesn't think female-on-male rape is usually "real" rape either then, since it's uncommon for a woman to be able to overpower a man.

10+ Year Old Account
    In case it hasn't been posted:

The Ecuadorian government confirms it cut off Assange because they didn't want to be accused of meddling in the affairs of another country. They have no plans to force him to leave or to allow Sweden to claim him at this time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    If your partner clearly demand that you use a condom, and do not do it, its rape, and why should it be fabricated?

Woman: I want this guy Assange tested for STD (most STD have a incubation period that make them harder to detect, so its advantageously to test the person who was suspected to be infectious first.
    Police: Why?
    Woman: He fucked me then I was asleep widout condom despite the fact I told him to use a condom.
    Police: Thats rape, we start a investigation.

No I do not realy know what happen, but this is propebly what did happen.
    It's more likely shes took the huff because he had sex with another women who set him up.

The Ecuadorian government confirms it cut off Assange because they didn't want to be accused of meddling in the affairs of another country. They have no plans to force him to leave or to allow Sweden to claim him at this time.
    Pretty fair. Not sure why he'd expect to just get to do whatever while he's there.

7+ Year Old Account

Seems legit. Good for them. They see what's coming for Russia when Hillary wins, and no one wants in the middle of that.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Seems legit. Good for them. They see what's coming for Russia when Hillary wins, and no one wants in the middle of that.
    ...what's coming for Russia?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    ...what's coming for Russia?
    For meddling in US elections? Ask @Skroe.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson