Poll: Did Tirion deserve a better conclusion to his story?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    Like Jon Snow dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedion View Post
    And here I thought this thread was about Tirion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyxi View Post
    It's just a flesh wound!
    I don't mean to pour gas in the fire but Blizzard definitely ''doesn't'' have the tendency to bring DEAD DEAD AND SUPER DEAD characters back to life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think death means anything in such lore

like, wasn't terenas supposed to be dead, then who's talking to us in the end of ICC ?

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post

like, wasn't terenas supposed to be dead, then who's talking to us in the end of ICC ?
    That would be the ghost of Terenas because he's also super dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post

his ghost that was trapped inside frostmourne

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No, he's dead. He's dead dead.
    Invite him in your group so that you can rez him.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Atleast he got a proper burial instead of turning him into a death knight. What a way to ruin Nazgrim
    You shut your mouth (or uh, you know, cease your typing!), Nazgrim is easily the best of the four horsemen, and his new voiceover is awesome.

He also has by far the coolest moments in the DK campaign - he is constantly showcased using his power to overcome a whole unit of enemies.

Also, this wholly redeems Nazgrim and is in-tune with his character; he was a man of honor, so he served his Warchief to the end, even if he didn't share his goals / ideals, and I think he regretted that - because Garrosh was a monster, literally.

Now, he's been given a chance to defend the world, and thus including Orcs, and all of the races Garrosh mistreated and murdered - so this is a fantastic moment for Nazgrim to redeem himself for bowing to duty rather than reason in his last hours.

I'm honestly happy that Tirion isn't one of the Four Horsemen though - the leader must be a Mograine, and Darion is a fantastic Death Knight character - and for player DKs, he's been with us since the beginning, and he got fucked over by the Lich King alongside us, despite being introduced to us as a leader and an important part of the Lich King's living forces - then you realize the Lich King doesn't give a shit about anyone or anything, and would sacrifice everyone to bring his goal closer.

The Bolvar Lich King obviously could be different, as he's already shown some of his colors, but yeah, still different.

Anyway, I get your thoughts, assuming you're claiming he is "ruined" because of the stark contrast in his attitude (he, like Thoras and Whitemane, doesn't really object to being raised) but I think it fits, and he's awesome, I really love his voice-over; "NOTHING will stand in my way." is what he says when you send him on a mission. Plus he's got a rad horse and cool armor now.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

No. Varians death was lame, Vol'jin got a good death. Seriously need less cringy cliché deaths and more like Vol'jins. Besides Vol'jins death scene was ten times more powerful than varians

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiacalMannequin View Post
    No. Varians death was lame, Vol'jin got a good death. Seriously need less cringy cliché deaths and more like Vol'jins. Besides Vol'jins death scene was ten times more powerful than varians
    ...Vol'Jin died pretty badly and in a pathetic way. Varian died defiantly, Vol'Jin got the shortstick for this expansion.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    ...Vol'Jin died pretty badly and in a pathetic way. Varian died defiantly, Vol'Jin got the shortstick for this expansion.
    varians death was cringy and awful, you had alot more sympathy with vol'jins and vol'jins death had alot bigger impact on the story

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I didn't see his health bar go empty... is he even really dead?
    Are you talking about at broken shore or paladin order hall campaign?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juffowup View Post
    Varian isnt dead. Just Fel corrupted. Notice you never actually see him die.
    Arthas isn't really dead either. We never saw him die, he just did a blank stare at the sky and went to sleep.

Garrosh isn't dead too, he's just unconscious after getting hit with a bolt of lightning.

And then there's Garithos, I mean okay yeah, it LOOKS like he got eaten by ghouls. But it's pretty clear he's just faking it with lots of ketchup and prosthetic limbs.

But let's be serious, Varian's as dead as they get, same with everyone else I mentioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiacalMannequin View Post
    varians death was cringy and awful, you had alot more sympathy with vol'jins and vol'jins death had alot bigger impact on the story
    No, I didn't. I felt Varian way more then Vol'Jin. Voljin became warchief at the end of mists, barely shows up in WoD and dies in Legion. It was a bad death.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Thelin View Post
    You just see bits of him fly all over, but sure if that's not your definition of dead.
    Hey you never actually take his pulse or anything so he might be alive

Tirion's death was fine you cant give everyone an epic heroic death and in reality most people die a miserable death like.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    well... at least we got his corpse and buried him
    Who knows, maybe someone swept Varian's remains too and there's a child somewhere who's using that glitter to make a Winter Veil card. Circle of life...

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Broken Shore.
    Your guess is correct then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fall somewhere in the middle of the last 2 options. No. His character was not deserving of any epic death. He was a more interesting character before he became Highlord or whatever. He was sort of shoved into this position of power for Wrath and then once Arthas fell he served zero purpose. As someone who was in charge of stopping the spread of undead he was pretty shitty at it. Sure not all undead are bad and blah blah but the fact that his hime base was literally right next to undercity while Sylvanas is doing Sylvanas things is laughable. You really believe he wasn;t gonna take notice that she was doing shady shit?

That said he didn;t deserve to die at all. They killed him off simply so Paladin's could get Ashbringer. Nothing more, nothing less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    I fall somewhere in the middle of the last 2 options. No. His character was not deserving of any epic death. He was a more interesting character before he became Highlord or whatever. He was sort of shoved into this position of power for Wrath and then once Arthas fell he served zero purpose. As someone who was in charge of stopping the spread of undead he was pretty shitty at it. Sure not all undead are bad and blah blah but the fact that his hime base was literally right next to undercity while Sylvanas is doing Sylvanas things is laughable. You really believe he wasn;t gonna take notice that she was doing shady shit?

That said he didn;t deserve to die at all. They killed him off simply so Paladin's could get Ashbringer. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Sylvanas had some plot armor during Cata >.>

Warrior-Magi

The Ashbringer artifact quests fleshes out his death more. Go experience that if you want more "closure" I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    No, he may have helped us with a lot of things but he's not a player based huge faction leader like warchief or alliance king.
    He was a long standing lore character with a strong background, one who wasn't just another faction bias asshole who looked beyond it.

I wanted for blizzard to at least have his old friend Eitrigg give a talk about Tirion, since metzen wrote the book on their friendship.
    #boycottchina

Considering Varian was exploded to death. I think Trion would have no problem being killed like a bitch verses getting exploded to death.
    /shivers thinking Varian dying like that.