Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    Exactly this, except for (3). Gear damage is still fine.
    Except that discourages people from actually attempting hard stones, which is the point of the system. CMs had no gear damage and doing basic golds in them was easier than doing harder mythic+.

Hard to imagine anyone being so poor that repair costs matter these days. Single world quests give 800g+. Repair costs haven't come remotely close to matching gold inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    If you actually read my post (which it's obvious you didn't), you'd see that I said that they will have to figure out the right amount of artifact power to reward so that it's not more efficient to deplete the key intentionally.
    I did read it. The problem is no matter what the people who would take advantage of this would use the Artifact Power grind for their advantage. Let's saying you make it worth 330 AP @ AK 8 and you get 2 (current average per chest from my experience) then it wouldn't be worth people's time, but if you go higher then the "easy farms" for groups to replenish keys will begin.

The moment you tie AP gains to something else that can be more efficient for those people they will take advantage of it.

I don't see how groups that want to replenish keys would be a bad thing, sounds like a win/win to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I did read it. The problem is no matter what the people who would take advantage of this would use the Artifact Power grind for their advantage. Let's saying you make it worth 330 AP @ AK 8 and you get 2 (current average per chest from my experience) then it wouldn't be worth people's time, but if you go higher then the "easy farms" for groups to replenish keys will begin.

The moment you tie AP gains to something else that can be more efficient for those people they will take advantage of it.
    Again, if you read the post, you will see that I said to not make it more efficient than intentionally letting a key deplete. However, there does need to be some reward for the other 4 people in the group or else they will not want to join, like it is now. So if well geared people have a choice between running a not-depleted key for X artifact power, or running a lesser depleted key for a percentage of X artifact power (whatever that percentage is), then that would be great. Some might want to do the higher key, but some might want to not take the chance at failing the run, or not +1 or +2'ing it, and go do the easier one instead. There would be no farming of depleted keys because there aren't a great many of those.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I don't see how groups that want to replenish keys would be a bad thing, sounds like a win/win to me.
    exactly...

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    Again, if you read the post, you will see that I said to not make it more efficient than intentionally letting a key deplete. However, there does need to be some reward for the other 4 people in the group or else they will not want to join, like it is now. So if well geared people have a choice between running a not-depleted key for X artifact power, or running a lesser depleted key for a percentage of X artifact power (whatever that percentage is), then that would be great. Some might want to do the higher key, but some might want to not take the chance at failing the run, or not +1 or +2'ing it, and go do the easier one instead. There would be no farming of depleted keys because there aren't a great many of those.
    Again, I've read your post. Your missing the point entirely. Either you make the rewards not as rewarding for the other 4 so it isn't worth their time or you make it so it is and then it becomes the thing to do. You'll have people starting to zone into a dungeon, afk and do their usual work or whatever while the key depletes then advertise "Depleted Key, want to recharge!" and then have people lining up more than they do.

The problem is having a depleted key is a pain for some, but adding rewards to the other 4 would cause more problems. Then you have people leveling up 110 alts and wasting the keys because it's even more +2 runs they can spam for the rest of their group.

I think you're assuming that people would just deplete keys at +2 intentionally which would be a huge waste of time.

Having rewards for recharging a key would promote more groups since you'd have a reason to recharge someone's key. I still see it as a win/win.

Yeah it makes a lot of sense to reward the recharging of a key. But to be honest I've never been in a situation where I've run out of keys to use.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    i THINK your CaPS locK buTTon iS BROKE.
    I wonder if there may be a reason for that.

em·pha·sis
    ˈemfəsəs/noun
    special importance, value, or prominence given to something.
    "they placed great emphasis on the individual's freedom"
    synonyms: prominence, importance, significance, value; More
    stress laid on a word or words to indicate special meaning or particular importance.
    synonyms: stress, accent, accentuation, weight, prominence; More
    vigor or intensity of expression.
    "he spoke with emphasis and with complete conviction"

Deleted
    OT: add 15 minutes to the timer whenever some1 new is invited and the newcomer is not eligible for loot.

boosters cannot remove carry if they want 3 chests, progress groups cannot adapt to the situation/boss if they want to push and theres no additional way of loot funneling. granted you need friends or a guild to help you out but at least ur not totally screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You can't kick from mythic +.
    cant kick or cant remove ?

cause Ive just been removed from the (rather assholish tbf) boost group I was in (my 4 key was used to start) mid-run ... dunno if it was via votekick or the leader just removed me

I just got a msg saying i will be teleported to the nearest graveyard in 60 seconds, no grp and depleted key .. no loot

was a little stunned, didnt think that was even technically possible in M+

if its no bug and anyone can in fact be removed in M+ - doesnt that mean that boost groups can technically kick their boostee as soon as he used his key to start the run ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    So basically make it so no one ever pugs mythic+ again. Are you going to risk you mythic+ runs for the week? Can you be 100% sure that your ISP won't fail? The servers won't get DDOSed? The power won't go out? Pugging becomes too much risk for too little gain.
    And now we moved in full circle - mythic+ was never intended to be pugged - if you pug it you take the risk...

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    And now we moved in full circle - mythic+ was never intended to be pugged - if you pug it you take the risk...
    Or make it so the stupid stone doesn't deplete, just don't let it level up if you don't beat the timer.

Not sure having it deplete does anything but make the user who's stone depleted really aggravated and then just piggyback off other groups the rest of the week. It's not stopping anyone from running anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Internet issues would break that solution pretty quick. Would be unfair if a random internet issue screws them over for a day.
    When reading comments like this I allways wonder from which 3rd world country the player is....

10+ Year Old Account
    When reading comments like this I allways wonder from which 3rd world country the player is....
    I don't live in a third world country, I'm just thinking of others besides myself.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madone View Post
    You're only considering a single scenario, and saying it's the developers who are stupid??

What about someone who is being harassed by the others in the run...should they really be penalized for leaving the group? What about someone who DCs during the run...should they really be punished? Or let's take your scenario where the leaver is a troll...your "solution" would just encourage the troll to stay in the group, never step foot away from the first room, and go play another game or something instead of dropping group so they don't incur the 400 gold penalty.

So...tell me again how the developers are "stupid" when they've clearly through of scenarios that haven't occurred to you?

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    /Golf Clap. Now move along since you have absolutely nothing of substance to add.
    Just correcting the misinformation you're spreading helping people who may have actually believed what you said.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see an issue or anything wrong with what the system is right now.

But I also don't pug mythic+.

you mean all those UK players whining about shitty quality of net provided by virgin ? ye UK such 3rd world country

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you mean all those UK players whining about shitty quality of net provided by virgin ? ye UK such 3rd world country
    In my experience the living standard of the country and the quality of internet service one can get there usually go into opposite directions.
    For instance; Baden-Würtemberg, Germany has way worse internet than what i can get in Slovenia.

But i haven't actually been in a 3rd world country... so perhaps this trend starts with a certain level of the living standard.