Deleted

Assassination - Poison Bomb proc query

Can someone explain what the proc chance of Poison Bomb is supposed to be for each Envenom cast? Does it matter if there are more/less combo points used to cast Envenom? Do talents affect its proc rate?

Did a premade Normal Ursoc which had 4 rogues including me, and the Poison Bomb damage from each rogue was wildly different. I had approx 1.85m damage, where as another Rogue had approx 7.95m damage. The other 2 rogues were less than 5m Poison Bomb damage. The number of Envenom casts were all very similar, with everyone using Agon Poison and similar builds.

I've had Poison Bomb be my #3 damage ability on a particular fight one week, and on other weeks be almost last. Is there some way to make it less RNG?

Rng is rng just be happy the spec isn't fully balanced around it like rtb...

Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    Rng is rng just be happy the spec isn't fully balanced around it like rtb...
    Not helpful at all.
    I would also be curious if the amount of CP your envenom has affects it.
    When you talk about the amount of dmg done between people that can be a little misleading without knowing the amount of mastery each has. If you had the amount of ticks rather than dmg that would be more accurate to see if there was a big variation or not. I would assume that it should balance out fairly closely through a long fight, but never really looked at it closely. Anyone know more detail?

I don't believe there's any hard testing of the RNG. You would need to jump on a dummy and test 100 envenoms @ 1cp and then 100 envenoms @ 5cp. You'd then have to re-run the test multiple times. Purely anecdotal evidence suggests the number of combo points has no affect on the likely hood of poison bomb proccing.
    For me it feels like pure rng. I can get back-to-back poison bombs with 3cp envenoms on trash. I can then drop 6-7 full envenoms on a big trash pack and get nothing.

I've compared logs with sins asking about their poor H Ursoc damage. When I've compared, they've cast 21 envenoms for 2 procs of poison bomb and I've cast 22 envenoms for 6 procs of poison bombs.

inb4: chance of proc reaches 100% once every mob of the pack is dead but the one you're targeting (((

Deleted
    I'll tell you how it Works.

It'll never proc on trash packs in M+ when you need it.
    It always procs on the last mob of the pack.

Stupid to have your most damaging AoE ability tied to RNG. Wouldn't it be better if it was a useable ability with 1min(?) CD that you press and it activates on your next Envenom?

It's just as bad as having Bladestorm randomly activate from your Mortal Strike.

Deleted
    It always procs on the last mob of the pack.
    Can confirm...
    I guess is it is sorta like RtB, with no procs there comes frustration, but when you get the proc during a pull with 10+ mobs...awesomeness.

Deleted
    So it is just bollocks RNG? Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripax View Post
    Stupid to have your most damaging AoE ability tied to RNG. Wouldn't it be better if it was a useable ability with 1min(?) CD that you press and it activates on your next Envenom?
    With the current assassination gameplay i don't think that change would be good.

If they changed elaborate planning and surge of toxins so that the amount of CP spent on the finisher matters, then it would be good to also think about how bag of tricks works and probably make the proc also depend on the amount of CP spent, even if it never reached 100% or as you say, make it something we can control, they could just make the trait add the effect to the kingsbane ability since it's pretty terrible anyway.

Meanwhile with he current system... i think the only change i would make would be to have the chance increased by the amount of enemies nearby. This way the proc is more reliable for AoE situations without losing the RNG factor.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    With the current assassination gameplay i don't think that change would be good.

If they changed elaborate planning and surge of toxins so that the amount of CP spent on the finisher matters, then it would be good to also think about how bag of tricks works and probably make the proc also depend on the amount of CP spent, even if it never reached 100% or as you say, make it something we can control, they could just make the trait add the effect to the kingsbane ability since it's pretty terrible anyway.

Meanwhile with he current system... i think the only change i would make would be to have the chance increased by the amount of enemies nearby. This way the proc is more reliable for AoE situations without losing the RNG factor.
    100% agree with you

15+ Year Old Account
    My two cents on poison bomb

It's a great ability and proc that does insane damage, so much that it seems unfair when it doesn't proc often. They need to slightly buff uptime IMO, and perhaps scale back the dmg slightly because I had a ursoc that it proceed 4 times on and then next attempt it didn't proc once. My dps in the fight was 35k different and a large amount of damage done difference. It's a good ability just too reliant on rng.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    Had two proc in a row, one 6 bomb, one 2 bomb.

Why did I envenom with 2 cps? The mob was about to die and I was whoring. It feels totally RNG to me, initially someone said it had a 1 minute ICD but since that happened I don't believe it has a cool down.

I have no idea, I thought I had ready somewhere it was every 15 seconds or so but I could be completely wrong.

Sometimes I'll get poison bomb to proc almost every envenom, and get 3 or 4 on one group of trash, and others I'll go for 4 or 5 trash groups without a single proc. Actually pretty frustrating considering how much damage it does. It would be nice to be able to have some form of control over it or if it was more reliable in AoE situations when you really want it.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's definitely not a 1 min cd on it, I've had 2 pop back to back before.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE