Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Nope, expansion sucks so fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I wouldn't unsub, because I'm not a quitter, and I like to raid, but this is defo an expansion I enjoy the least so far.

Even hated Cata was better, because 10 man hc raiding forced "bring the players not the class" so Blizz didn't have an excuse to leave some specs so pruned out of tools to be a one-trick pony. Even MOP was better because as much as I hated world of dailycraft I knew when I get exalted I can cut down on number of dailies I'm doing and atm rep are extremely unrewarding (zero reward for getting exalted) while you have to keep grinding dailies for AP and order resources.

This whole expansion seems to me like a 180 degree turn from WOD, unsuprising form Blizzard. WOD was good for people who logged only to raid and garrison. I wouldn't mind if they gave casual content but the current state of the game...

1. Professions are crap. Imbalanced as fuck, only things worth are herb, alchemy and enchanting. Everything else is a pointless gold sink.

2. Patterns for professions are crap. If you don't have a 3-star, you're worthless. And getting 3-star is usually... grind and be lucky. Before you would get an awesome pattern from getting exalted with a rep, or a drop from raid, or a dungeon, or a quest reward, not this... random proc shit. If it was random proc like engi / alchemy was at some point, you could get it fairly soon and not craft 1000 of an item and still don't see 3-star. Cooking is the pinnacle of awful. Everyone hates Nomi.

3. Gear is completely random. Ilvl, stats, legendaries, all that waters down the excitement from getting a piece of gear because it's nearly never optimal piece, picking an upgrade from titanforged piece with bad secondaries and lower ilvl piece with good secondaries is like a math equation makes the game unnecessarily complicated.

4. Legendaries on its own are 10% excitement, 40% disappointment and 50% frustration. Just check the forums, everyone whines on them and the rest whines on whiners. Barely anybody is happy. Except extreme casuals that go "oooh shiny... orange!" because they don't really care about the impact of the item just how "special" it is.

5. World quests... Too much travel time makes me go completely bored halfway through them, the more you cherry pick the ones you want, the more time you spend hsing and flying. Plus the talking head was funny for a week, tolerable for a month, now it's gonna piss me off for the rest of the 2 years expansion is up "we must bolster our ranks, seek out the withered..." fuck you Thalyssra. The same with the pvp towers, barely 1 line not any variety. And I tried an addon to disable this, only hides the graphic not the sound or chat print. The thought of "WQ are intended to be relevant whole expansion" and me doing those dailies for 2 years straight makes me super burnt out. At least golden lotus once it was done, was done.

6. State of consumables. No idea who thought it's awesome to make raiding expensive as fuck. Pots, augment runes, vantus runes, all that crap. Back to vanilla or what? Food buff, flask and cheap pots wouldn't be enough? At the moment you either have to grind herbs and gold for augment runes all day (can't farm them reliably, satchel isn't always up and lfr covers maybe 10% of your weekly needs), sell boosts, buy tokens, or raid gimped in comparison to those who use consumables. Even worse in high mythic+ where consumables make a colossal difference at 10+.

7. No flying while mobs scale to 110 and aggro all the time. Makes herbing, archeology and all such things a pita.

8. Many specs and classes feel unfun to play, overpruned, lacking tools to deal with situations. They lost 90% of their utility in 2 prune waves in WOD and MOP and with removal of major glyphs. The expansion is alt unfriendly as it is and now I have hard time finding a class and spec I would even enjoy as an alt.

9. The raid design is nothing to fawn upon either. Xavius being the worst culprit. On top of it his white room of nothingness killed my old pc (was having constantly 6 fps there and frame freezes), I had to buy a new one just to be able to raid, for that I would expect some breathtaking graphics and not white room of doom... The tuning of that boss was a joke too. The boring interiors of that raid in generally remind me of firelands, another place where everything looked the same, had the same color palette and so on.

10. I think I'm already seeing WOD syndrome... Trade chat is full of guilds 7/7 hc or 1-2 mythic that are bleeding out players and desperately trying to recruit to keep up to 20. Queues are gone 3-4 weeks after launch (a good thing to not worry about them, a bad thing to see drop in subs). Guilds already pugging to fill up to 20 for mythic Nyth. Yesterday I saw at least 2-3 spamming on my realm "semi guild run" "need a few range dps" (it's always range dps, btw, maybe sometimes healers).

TLDR: Karazhan will not fix it.
    Yep you pretty much nailed it right on the head. I was waiting for DH for a long time, excited when it came out and was having fun on it. Then Blizz nerfed the fuck out of Havoc and forced you into using a talent that i hate playing, momentum. So if i wished to progress my main i was forced to play a style that was not fun.

I cant even begin to describe how much i despise the new profession system. It had a lot of potential up and until i was forced to do raids or dungeons to progess the profession. And if you craft items, all the gear is useless by the time you hit 110 . The rewards from question can have better gear then the crafted items. Oh but you can use obliterium. No one bought oblit. It was a huge ass gold sink that i was forced to buy or trades other crafted gear and get price gouged on. woopeee that sure was fun.

Now i have 1 alt i leveled to 110 and my Warlock is not as much fun to play as i had hoped. And i lost count of how many time si died while leveling and had to res at the gy because i could not get back to my body. you cant farm well when your aggrroing everything in site. And lets not forget the gathering bots that are out in full force. Herb bots and moning bots are still gathering nodes while under ground. fun times
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Deleted
    8. Many specs and classes feel unfun to play...
    Tell me about it. Arcane mage here.

10. I think I'm already seeing WOD syndrome...
    You are probably seeing the same as Blizzard and that is why they are rushing 7.1 out.

Meh. I suppose. I'm not entirely convinced yet that spreading out the same amount, amounts to much more. Ask me in 6 months if I am excited for whatever patch is upcoming then.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    are you excited? i thought they'd gate it further. to Christmas area
    No, not really.
    The AP and legendary grind is really not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Siniwelho View Post
    Tell me about it. Arcane mage here.
    Yep, many specs have drawbacks that I would call quality of life issue. For example the excessive amount of drinking arcane requires to keep up dpsing in a mythic+ and which group likes to have downtime and wait or have a mage skip 50% of each trash pack cuz he's back drinking.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    The best thing about 7.1 is the crash and burn effect blood trader and new pot will have on the flask/pot market. I dont want WoD setting, where you would pot2 times on each wipe, because it was dirt cheap, but currently on AD flasks are still 1300-1800 (depending on when you buy it) and pots are 600g pr unit, which is waaaaaay over the top imo.
    Until everyone has burned through their bloods in 2 weeks and the markets go back to normal...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I wouldn't unsub, because I'm not a quitter, and I like to raid, but this is defo an expansion I enjoy the least so far.

Even hated Cata was better, because 10 man hc raiding forced "bring the players not the class" so Blizz didn't have an excuse to leave some specs so pruned out of tools to be a one-trick pony. Even MOP was better because as much as I hated world of dailycraft I knew when I get exalted I can cut down on number of dailies I'm doing and atm rep are extremely unrewarding (zero reward for getting exalted) while you have to keep grinding dailies for AP and order resources.

This whole expansion seems to me like a 180 degree turn from WOD, unsuprising form Blizzard. WOD was good for people who logged only to raid and garrison. I wouldn't mind if they gave casual content but the current state of the game...

1. Professions are crap. Imbalanced as fuck, only things worth are herb, alchemy and enchanting. Everything else is a pointless gold sink.

2. Patterns for professions are crap. If you don't have a 3-star, you're worthless. And getting 3-star is usually... grind and be lucky. Before you would get an awesome pattern from getting exalted with a rep, or a drop from raid, or a dungeon, or a quest reward, not this... random proc shit. If it was random proc like engi / alchemy was at some point, you could get it fairly soon and not craft 1000 of an item and still don't see 3-star. Cooking is the pinnacle of awful. Everyone hates Nomi.

3. Gear is completely random. Ilvl, stats, legendaries, all that waters down the excitement from getting a piece of gear because it's nearly never optimal piece, picking an upgrade from titanforged piece with bad secondaries and lower ilvl piece with good secondaries is like a math equation makes the game unnecessarily complicated.

4. Legendaries on its own are 10% excitement, 40% disappointment and 50% frustration. Just check the forums, everyone whines on them and the rest whines on whiners. Barely anybody is happy. Except extreme casuals that go "oooh shiny... orange!" because they don't really care about the impact of the item just how "special" it is.

5. World quests... Too much travel time makes me go completely bored halfway through them, the more you cherry pick the ones you want, the more time you spend hsing and flying. Plus the talking head was funny for a week, tolerable for a month, now it's gonna piss me off for the rest of the 2 years expansion is up "we must bolster our ranks, seek out the withered..." fuck you Thalyssra. The same with the pvp towers, barely 1 line not any variety. And I tried an addon to disable this, only hides the graphic not the sound or chat print. The thought of "WQ are intended to be relevant whole expansion" and me doing those dailies for 2 years straight makes me super burnt out. At least golden lotus once it was done, was done.

6. State of consumables. No idea who thought it's awesome to make raiding expensive as fuck. Pots, augment runes, vantus runes, all that crap. Back to vanilla or what? Food buff, flask and cheap pots wouldn't be enough? At the moment you either have to grind herbs and gold for augment runes all day (can't farm them reliably, satchel isn't always up and lfr covers maybe 10% of your weekly needs), sell boosts, buy tokens, or raid gimped in comparison to those who use consumables. Even worse in high mythic+ where consumables make a colossal difference at 10+.

7. No flying while mobs scale to 110 and aggro all the time. Makes herbing, archeology and all such things a pita.

8. Many specs and classes feel unfun to play, overpruned, lacking tools to deal with situations. They lost 90% of their utility in 2 prune waves in WOD and MOP and with removal of major glyphs. The expansion is alt unfriendly as it is and now I have hard time finding a class and spec I would even enjoy as an alt.

9. The raid design is nothing to fawn upon either. Xavius being the worst culprit. On top of it his white room of nothingness killed my old pc (was having constantly 6 fps there and frame freezes), I had to buy a new one just to be able to raid, for that I would expect some breathtaking graphics and not white room of doom... The tuning of that boss was a joke too. The boring interiors of that raid in generally remind me of firelands, another place where everything looked the same, had the same color palette and so on.

10. I think I'm already seeing WOD syndrome... Trade chat is full of guilds 7/7 hc or 1-2 mythic that are bleeding out players and desperately trying to recruit to keep up to 20. Queues are gone 3-4 weeks after launch (a good thing to not worry about them, a bad thing to see drop in subs). Guilds already pugging to fill up to 20 for mythic Nyth. Yesterday I saw at least 2-3 spamming on my realm "semi guild run" "need a few range dps" (it's always range dps, btw, maybe sometimes healers).

TLDR: Karazhan will not fix it.
    I think that most of the thing we are point out are now a question of pride for blizzard, they wan't swallow it and go back on those thing unless a catastrophic loss of sub happens.
    Profession are a good example of it, in general they never were a wow strong point but at last back in mop they weren't totally garbage and weren't so tedious to level, wod ruined it and legion buried them under three feet of soil, the correct thing to do would be admit they canned and go back to mop model; same with gear go back to at last mop (or better wotlk).
    Specs are another fail, i'm levelling a warlock demo that has always be one of the alt i play the most and holy shit if that is unfun, that spec has become so spammy that not even a 150% damage buff could save it, a complete rework is needed imho.
    But in the end i don't think we will see a mid xpack substantial change, they may apply some qol fix and then do the same retarded thing next xpack to not lose face.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was initially excited about it but seeing as how Kara is mythic...there's not much in that patch for me to do save the Suramar quests and I need to get exalted with the Nightfallen first.

It's a real bummer that content is gated behind mythic but I know that as someone who does not have much time to play and do not actually have a dedicated group of friends to play the game with, that I am in the minority. And don't even talk about premades...I've tried but as evidenced by people on here, many that post their bulletins on the premade group finder are quite horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    The best thing about 7.1 is the crash and burn effect blood trader and new pot will have on the flask/pot market. I dont want WoD setting, where you would pot2 times on each wipe, because it was dirt cheap, but currently on AD flasks are still 1300-1800 (depending on when you buy it) and pots are 600g pr unit, which is waaaaaay over the top imo.
    Way over the top because you don't get everything for free like you did in WoD, herbs might be worth 10g each but peoples time is worth 100's which is why some herbs are 100+g each, you don't walk 10 feet to your free mine/herb patch anymore, you actually have to go into the world and find it

Same thing with ore, 1 day into WoD there was over 2 million true iron available in the US region and it was selling for like 70 silver each, compared to the ~60 thousand felslate available day 1 of legion selling for whatever it was selling for

Back on topic, don't see anything interesting in 7.1 so yeah, not really excited...just more gates
    Last edited by tylenol; 2016-10-19 at 03:00 AM.

Blizzard will address the RNG when subs start to drop. Until then they will operate as everything is just fine when player feedback says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    No, not really. From what im seeing they are keeping DKs the same - no buffs, no changes. Just a new raid/raid instance where i will most likely be benched because i cannot perform as well as other classes.
    More like benched because you need to l2p. I dont know why people blame blizzard for themselves being terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Why would you complain about that? Ion is an amazing dev.

My only complaint is I've been too lazy to hit Exalted with the Nightfallen since I really only do their shit for emissary atm. But that is moreso on me.
    Ion is a lawyer. He has no ounce of creativity in his body. If anyone shouldn't be lead dev, it would be Ion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    A week before Halloween?

Bad move.
    What are you fucking retarded or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    Ion is a lawyer. He has no ounce of creativity in his body. If anyone shouldn't be lead dev, it would be Ion.
    Lawyers are quite possibly the most creative beings on this planet. How else can you get obvious murders to walk free? Creativity in the legal system.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Lawyers are quite possibly the most creative beings on this planet. How else can you get obvious murders to walk free? Creativity in the legal system.
    Ion's creativity in WoW: "Let's do raids."

10+ Year Old Account
    The salt is real in this thread .... my lord haha
    @ravenmoon:
    YES i am excited for 7.1 . I've been playing every day since launch and i am not even finished with everything i want to do !
    still need to get some factions to exalted, finish getting the fishing legenday, Get my hidden artifact, level up my professions BS/JC. Get my alt to level 110 with gathering professions. Get my Main spec to AP level 25 (almost there!).

this is the first expansion since TBC that have had me play full time while still having too little time to do it all xD.
    Highest mythic + ive done is lvl 7 and i want to get that up to lvl 10 as well.

TL;DR: This expansion is a god sent, people complain too much
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .