Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well it won't be 7.1 since that's next Tuesday but I'd imagine 7.2 won't be out until Q1 2017 so that gives them a few months to figure out stuff. If they decide to change the way the class mechanics are designed then I'd even say not 7.2 because that means they'd have to redesign at least one spec, if not all 3 and that's a lot of planning. If they just make a run at talents then it could be 7.2.

WTB Chimaera shoot being good and/or it being given back to MM...please and thanks.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love how they said they are going to give real feedback, then give absolutely no feedback. /sigh. It is nice to know it is in the work cycle but call me crazy as I hold out hope for a real systematic change.

Deleted
    Classwide-traps will probably come with a nerf to MM/BM in tow...

good news like nerfing barrage, aimed shot and posthaste

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    Finally, we'll move on to evaluating base class and spec toolkits. Those types of changes are the riskiest to make, especially in the middle of an expansion, because they affect the core experience of every player of a given spec.
    the bullshit-meter just went over 9000. gutted class with worst mechanics since classic and they want to give back traps as consolidation which they shouldnt have removed in the first place. geeeeeeez these guys are truly fckin retarded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agallion View Post
    anyone else just really not care if we get traps as standard? I havent found myself missing them

In pve they are not that important but in pvp they do. I miss explosive bumping trap or ice trap

I just wonder what the Survival Hunters will get in adition if every hunter spec get a trap.
    We already are the 3rd in question of deeps, so lets don't complain about the traps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkeywing View Post
    Oh really? These issues were raised for months during the alpha/beta process, maybe that was the time to actually do something about it. There's so much more criticism than just traps or ''set in stone'' talents, rofl. Everyone saw that one coming 6 months ago, good to see they caught up.
    I was one of the people bitching nonstop during alpha. I did so respectfully but I was in their ear about BM spec pretty much every build.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
    I just wonder what the Survival Hunters will get in adition if every hunter spec get a trap.
    We already are the 3rd in question of deeps, so lets don't complain about the traps.
    Surv doesn't need anything new just because other specs get some traps back.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    It's just unfair give our class fantasy to everyone.

And for the other hunters who are complaing about CC, what about Wyvern Sting*?

Deleted

They should get...survival CDs. Thats one guess but its Blizzard we are talking about. They probably don't even understand the meaning of "survival" and yet they talk about "class fantasy"

Traps sure are not enough to survive. Sure it might be if you are just hunting some beast but against a player? No

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just unfair give our class fantasy to everyone.

And for the other hunters who are complaing about CC, what about Wyvern Sting*?
    That's ridiculous. Because all hunter specs had traps in the first place, just because Blizz makes the MISTAKE of removing them from MM/BM doesn't suddenly mean they are and always were Surv's. Seriously, the idea of that is nonsense.

Secondly other specs have shared spells and retain their 'fantasy' just fine. Multiple Mage specs have Ice Shield, Frost Nova, Polymorph. Frost DKs have Death Strike like Blood, 2 specs of warrior have Bladestorm/Focused Rage... etc etc. So yeah, Survival will be just fine if the other 2 specs rightfully get traps back.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2016-10-19 at 12:43 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    I was one of the people bitching nonstop during alpha. I did so respectfully but I was in their ear about BM spec pretty much every build.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course they do, how about increased survivability? inc before MM and BM start whining that they want a piece of the cake too and lets just merge the hunter class into one mega spec so everyone's stop being jealous

That's ridiculous. Because all hunter specs had traps in the first place, just because Blizz makes the MISTAKE of removing them from MM/BM doesn't suddenly mean they are and always were Surv's. Seriously, the idea of that is nonsense.
    Why nonsense? They have CHANGED the other specs fantasy.

Do you want to feel like a sniper? Go to MM.
    Do you like pretty pets and want to be a Circus Tamer? Go for BM.
    Do you want to feel like a ranger, who engages in combat aside his pet? Go for Surv.

Of course will be skills that are shared, like some of the aspects and the heal, but what makes the spec Unic shouldn't be shared.
    Like Rangers in the books of D&D, we Survival use traps, that make us feel unic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Of course they do, how about increased survivability? inc before MM and BM start whining that they want a piece of the cake too and lets just merge the hunter class into one mega spec so everyone's stop being jealous
    *Chuckles* so basically just go back to Burning Crusade when that was essentially what we were. hehe
    Honestly I personally think early Wrath was our best time in the sun. We had a good system, Exotics were becoming a "thing", Explosive shot made people actually scared of survival, MM was beast. It was a good time to be a Hunter.

That said I hope they stick to their guns and try to differentiate the class more. But they need to DO that. They screwed up trying to make a new class at the same time they did a massive overhaul of our class. BAD idea. So they did the normal marketing thing, they focused on the new class and knew they could "withstand the storm" if they let the most despised class murk around again. They've done it before and they will do so again.

As for those complaining that removing traps will hurt the spec fantasy of the Hunter... I question why? The CLASS says Hunter. That comes before everything else. What Hunter doesn't use traps, regardless of their particular style. Let all the specs have traps again. But maybe, just maybe, lets specialize those traps for each group? BM, give them wyverns sting baseline. Gives them a CC and fits the theme. MM, give them frost trap since they are trying to force the magical aspect with that spec. Make steel trap baseline for Survival. Fits the theme and gives them the hard gritty feel. Explosive trap should be base line for all with an option to talent into giving it a knock back. Caltrops for Survival, Grease for MM and the old frost trap to MM.

This isn't hard to figure out. You can EASILY theme these specializations. You just need to give us REAL talent choices when you do. Choices that are meaningful. The devs are 100% right at the moment, there isn't much choice for Hunters atm. We have VERY obviously correct choices in each part of our tree and if you don't do those your going to suffer alot. For example, I think it is pretty clear atm that for Survival Hunters you choose Dragonsfire Grenade. Its a strong hitting, AoE ability that is part of your rotation and can be used at range. Very obvious choice. But imagine if Cleave baseline also applied lacerate to your current target. And our Legendary made it so ALL targets hit by Cleave did so. But before this you could only do so with a talent choice of butchery. Suddenly you fixed a talent and a lackluster Legendary all at the same time.

These changes are not hard. They just need to be made and done. I sincerely hope they WILL make real changes. I just fear its going to take all expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilraq View Post
    I love how they said they are going to give real feedback, then give absolutely no feedback. /sigh. It is nice to know it is in the work cycle but call me crazy as I hold out hope for a real systematic change.
    Pff, they have what theY need, it should be baseline for BM. :I

- - - Updated - - -

Do you want to feel like a ranger, who engages in combat aside his pet? Go for Surv.

Of course will be skills that are shared, like some of the aspects and the heal, but what makes the spec Unic shouldn't be shared.
    Like Rangers in the books of D&D, we Survival use traps, that make us feel unic.
    Except this is BS when the other specs have become barren because we lost the only good utility we had left. And they removed pet buffs, so can't fill in there. Surv NEVER had, and never should have monopoly on traps. They can get all the upgrades for them, sure, but traps were, and should be BASELINE for hunter as a class. Removing them was BS.

Don't worry hunters, they will spend the entire expansion reworking and tweaking hunters. Then, they will get it to an "okay" state where it's somewhat similar to the oldschool hunter. Finally, in the next expansion they will announce a new fan service gimmick like double one handed crossbow spec and completely redo hunters again. And the cycle continues. maybe even add a new resource for fun.

Deleted
    Meanwhile our top spec get nerfed
    And if we are in top 3 dps classes i understand but we are not

Look, we get it, you like how Survival is and you're scared that other specs will get traps back...not sure why. Regardless your arguments make no sense.

Which Ranger in D&D used traps, exactly? Drizzt didn't. He was dual wield, with a pet. Hank, from the D&D Cartoon? He used a bow, no traps. Tristan from Moonshae? Nope, no traps. Your "examples" are...completely without merit.

And FYI - MM doesn't feel like a sniper at all. Most of their abilities are AOE/Cleave.

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon23 View Post
    I'm going to throw out a curveball and say 8.0
    Last line in Blue post leads me to think the same too.

But changes like those can only happen in a full patch, and will benefit from a lengthy PTR cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.