Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    It's tuned for full heroic gear.
    Problem is that you can acquire full heroic-level gear without setting foot in heroic.
    Presuming that was the case for a moment it would still obviously be a huge mistake to base tuning on just that given the options in the game now especially so considering the playerbase of mythic raid content. People dedicating time into a 20m raid won't just not do any world content or miss to pick up that piece of free 880 loot for instance.
    However guilds actually started with heroic ilvl or below into the instance which obviously increased with obtaining mythic loot and it still wasn't exactly a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Insane Buttocks View Post
    I mean, so far I think only 150~ guilds have killed him. Yet you have threads popping up on all kinds of gaming forums and mmo sites about how Mythic Xavius was a joke, with hundreds and hundreds of replies from people calling him a joke. And this happened right when he was killed. Even when only 4-5 guilds in the world had killed him, you had thousands of people complain about him being easy.

I just find that really bizarre. You have people who haven't even got to him, yet they are complaining about how he is easy and Blizzard is a joke and they don't know how to design raids etc

I guess the point of the thread is that this whole thing was really overblown, and it really highlights the negativity that exists in these communities.
    Compare EN to the previous tier, HFC. World first EN took 18 hours, was over in a single day (which is pretty much unheard of in modern wow). World first HFC took over 2 weeks. Right now, 163 guilds in the world have cleared mythic EN, and we've had 3 full weeks of raiding. It took about 13 weeks for 163 guilds to clear HFC.

It's not that mythic EN would be a joke to a casual player, but if you compare it to just about any raid released in the past 6+ years, it's incredibly easy. Xavius especially was severely undertuned (my guild killed in 18 pulls, while cenarius took over 140). This isn't just random opinion being echoed around as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by friedmudkipz View Post
    Compare EN to the previous tier, HFC. World first EN took 18 hours, was over in a single day (which is pretty much unheard of in modern wow). World first HFC took over 2 weeks. Right now, 163 guilds in the world have cleared mythic EN, and we've had 3 full weeks of raiding. It took about 13 weeks for 163 guilds to clear HFC.
    You're comparing a 13-boss end-expansion raid to a 7-boss start-expansion raid.

You're comparing a 13-boss end-expansion raid to a 7-boss start-expansion raid.

Even compare it with highmaul. World first took a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    It's just my personal experiece. We wiped more on normal Cenarius than any other boss in normal mode and then one shotted Xavius. The Xavius fight just didn't feel hard. It may be that he is just tuned to low compared to other bosses.
    Yeah Cenarius is the only boss that gave us some troubles on Heroic, I think we wiped like 2-3 times on him then we did a mechanics pull on Xavius, then 1 shot it.
    That was mainly due to Final Phase of Imp then Cho'gall just kinda being there at the end. I remember watching streams of it and healers were barely able to keep up at the time and DPS was a struggle as well.

Yes, because it's the first raid of the expansion. It's not meant to be insanely difficult.

To be precise, Highmaul was clear in 4 days, three of which were Imperator Mar'gok. According to wowprogress.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ed-the-longest
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2016-10-18 at 06:00 PM.

we killed him in 23 pulls whereas cenarius took 127 pulls

you do the math

he took less tries than mythic dragons

he's painfully easy

the only reason only 150 guilds killed him is because the 2 bosses before him are hard not because he is
    there are only 9 guilds in the entire world that have killed cenarius but havent kileld xavius yet, what does that tell you?

if you're gonna toss wowprogress stats at least do your research

oh and those 23 pulls were with insane 5second lagspikes and stuff we wouldve killed him in like 10 if there wasnt any serverlag
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-10-18 at 06:00 PM.

Deleted
    Yes, because it's the first raid of the expansion. It's not meant to be insanely difficult.
    Highmaul was the first raid of WoD too was his argument. Compare EN to HM. One was cleared in less than a day and the other was cleared in 4 days.

To be fair, there's a lot of blissfully ignorant people in this thread who comes up with the most inane excuses for why Xavius was as stupidly easy as he was. We only pulled him 16 times and he just fell over. First time we reached last phase and he died. The entire fight is a joke on both a mechanical level and tuning wise.

One thing is to ignore the feedback from players who hasn't even stepped into Mythic, and it's a whole other ordeal when users ignore the players who has cleared it in this thread. Blissful ignorance all around.

The difficult version of Xavius was released today, though...just tanked and healed one. Ooph...

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Let's get a couple of basic facts out of the way.

1) Xavius is considerably easier than the previous bosses in the instance.

2) EN was cleared ridiculously fast. Without going through every tier to double check, I'm pretty sure no other tier has ever been cleared as fast.

You can't really argue about these two facts, at least not if you have any clue about world raiding history. And if you don't, you shouldn't be making threads like these.

There's also the fact that WoW is a 10+ year old game, and we've seen 19 raiding tiers. With all that history, "we" have certain expectations on new raids. EN completely failed to deliver on that. You don't have to kill Mythic Xavius to make that basic analysis.

Most people's complaint stems from the fact that earlier bosses in the instance are harder than him. It's a bit of a let down for the final boss to be so much easier in comparison to the earlier bosses which is what is ruffling people's feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Let's get a couple of basic facts out of the way.

1) Xavius is considerably easier than the previous bosses in the instance.

2) EN was cleared ridiculously fast. Without going through every tier to double check, I'm pretty sure no other tier has ever been cleared as fast.

You can't really argue about these two facts, at least not if you have any clue about world raiding history. And if you don't, you shouldn't be making threads like these.

There's also the fact that WoW is a 10+ year old game, and we've seen 19 raiding tiers. With all that history, "we" have certain expectations on new raids. EN completely failed to deliver on that. You don't have to kill Mythic Xavius to make that basic analysis.
    It's pretty annoying to look at people complaining about the difficulty of a boss encounter they themselves haven't done or are going to do any time soon, since they probably don't know a ton about what they are talking about. While Mythic Xavius was undertuned, EN Mythic being cleared in a few days by the best guilds in the world is also because it was possible to get much better gear before the raid was opened than what was previously possible.

Either way, it doesn't matter too much. I assume Blizzard will make sure to avoid making Helya and Guldan too easy, and might even overtune it a bit initially. In three weeks Xavius will presumeably no longer be the final boss in the hardest raid around.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2016-10-19 at 02:09 AM.

Hearing how easy the boss is before you get to him is kinda of a disappointment for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    While Mythic Xavius was undertuned, EN Mythic being cleared in a few days by the best guilds in the world is also because it was possible to get much better gear before the raid was opened than what was previously possible.
    It wasn't exactly unforeseeable given how goddamn incompetent the balancing and tuning department is but I still don't really see how that makes a difference.

Another proof that their internal testing is shit or close to nothing, any good QA raiding team would have smashed him in an afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Most people's complaint stems from the fact that earlier bosses in the instance are harder than him. It's a bit of a let down for the final boss to be so much easier in comparison to the earlier bosses which is what is ruffling people's feathers.
    Bullshit. It stems from the fact that the boss is entry-level hard. If you've got the gear/skill to do cenarius, Xavius' difficulty compares roughly to Nythendra. It took us five pulls to kill him, with a 3% wipe on the third pull; Nythendra took us 3 pulls. Every other boss was atleast +10. His difficulty has NOTHING to do with comparing it to the previous bosses in the instance. It's just plain and simple, he's far easier than he should be.

The complaints aren't to do with just his difficulty, which as stated by others, falls somewhere near Nythendra. They're also to do with how mechanically underwhelming he is for an end boss.
    None of that nonsense about how it's the first raid of the expansion, I don't recall Imperator or the end raid bosses in tiers 11 or 14 being this underwhelming.

P.S.
    I don't think that you're required to kill a boss to voice an opinion on it.
    Last edited by Ipsissimus; 2016-10-19 at 04:56 PM.

IIRC Will of the Emperor was easier for my guild than Elegon. That boss was a DPS check though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ipsissimus View Post
    None of that nonsense about how it's the first raid of the expansion, I don't recall Imperator or the end raid bosses in tiers 11 or 14 being this underwhelming.
    Highmaul and Mogushan Vaults are teh only good comparisons here. Earlier expansions' lauch raid tsructure were too different for good comparison.

That said, both HM and MSV did better job in Mythic/Heroic difficulties with their end bosses. HM had whole hidden phase with all new mechanics, and while MSV mostly just mixed up the existing fight and added one new big thing, it was still more aptly challenging when compared to the rest of the instance than Xavius is.