Thread: Aimed Shot nerf

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I was surprised by the nerf too considering AS isn't the #1 damage I do, that would be marked shot. I am guessing that this is probably due to people getting into the artifact to where it will push up AS damage more? IMO it is better to hotfix AFTER not before they know how it will look.

Also nothing on barrage or sidewinders pulling 360 degrees...I'd rather they fixed that before anything.

"Blizz works in mysterious ways" when it comes to balance. Instead of nerfing the actual cause of the problem (i.e. sidewinder spread area or secondary target damage amounts for marked shot), they nerf single target ability. In effect - damage for cheese fights like Eye Thingy will be like 0.5% lower at most, whereas single targed damage is pushed down when it was not spectacular even to begin with.
    But what am I saying? It is not like people that designed and balanced Survival can be wrong?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    "Blizz works in mysterious ways" when it comes to balance. Instead of nerfing the actual cause of the problem (i.e. sidewinder spread area or secondary target damage amounts for marked shot), they nerf single target ability. In effect - damage for cheese fights like Eye Thingy will be like 0.5% lower at most, whereas single targed damage is pushed down when it was not spectacular even to begin with.
    But what am I saying? It is not like people that designed and balanced Survival can be wrong?
    This is exactly what I thought. I don't realy care about the nerf. It just raises a lot of questions. I thought on single target fights, we where in a realy good spot, somewhere right in the middle of the pack. Apparently Blizz thinks different...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogahn View Post
    and here comes unhappy blizzard...

nerfing hunters while others are not even getting touched I guess blizzard simply does not want us the have the slightest chance to be in the top.

more nerfs to come I'm 100% sure

Did you even bother to read the patchnotes before claiming such BS? Several specs have been nerfed, not only hunters.

I'm getting really tired with this childish whiny mentality that is all around MMO champion these last months.

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    I was surprised by the nerf too considering AS isn't the #1 damage I do, that would be marked shot. I am guessing that this is probably due to people getting into the artifact to where it will push up AS damage more? IMO it is better to hotfix AFTER not before they know how it will look.

Also nothing on barrage or sidewinders pulling 360 degrees...I'd rather they fixed that before anything.
    Not saying this to be mean, but if Aimed Shot isn't your top damage dealer, you are not playing correctly. Aimed Shot is by far the top damage dealing ability for Hunters. Got look at the parses for the top players, hell most players in the 60th percentile or better, and Aimed Shot will be the most damage dealt by a large margin. Are there exceptions, sure, add fights like Ill'gynoth will see Marked Shot or other AoE jump out in front. But if you filter it to just boss damage and Aimed Shot jumps into the lead again.

Padding is far too easy, even on mixed fights like Elerethe. I know people who instead of maximizing damage on the boss, they will bank Sidewinders to have two charges up for the adds during Spider phases. Casting Aimed Shot without Vulnerable up so they can get extra damage on adds. Damage that is in no way required due to how quickly the adds die. But it looks better on the meters.

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Did you even bother to read the patchnotes before claiming such BS? Several specs have been nerfed, not only hunters.

I'm getting really tired with this childish whiny mentality that is all around MMO champion these last months.
    In most cases, like Fire Mages, the nerfs were justified. And Hunters were already hit with a nerf to Barrage. That nerf wasn't entirely unjustified, but any nerf to Aimed Shot is. Single target damage is where Hunters fall behind, significantly. There is absolutely no reason, no data that exists, to justify nerfing single target damage for Hunters. It's obvious this change is being made due to the changes to Vulnerable, but since all Hunters use and will continue to use Patient Sniper, those changes will never have any impact on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    It's obvious this change is being made due to the changes to Vulnerable, but since all Hunters use and will continue to use Patient Sniper, those changes will never have any impact on the game.
    It's obvious you have no idea how Blizzard balances. SP, Fire Mage and MM hunter significantly outperform all other specs, especially ranged ones, currently in the game so they simply nerfed their main abilities. For MM they probably felt just nerfing aimed shot was enough since it's not doing quite as well as the other two specs. Maybe they even thought as far as to intentionally keep MM's strength that's cleaving spread out targets since their new design philosophy seems to be "emphasize strengths instead of nullifying weaknesses".

Having said that, it's pretty ignorant of Blizzard in my opinion to buff Arcane and Frost that much while not touching SV and BM at all.
    Last edited by GT4; 2016-10-19 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GT4 View Post
    Having said that, it's pretty ignorant of Blizzard in my opinion to buff Arcane and Frost that much while not touching SV and BM at all. Arcane was already doing pretty well in many scenarios and they just buffed its single target damage by another 10% and AoE by 25%.
    Check the patchnotes again in more detail, before you post stuff.
    Arcane wasnt really a buff. If you check it closely you can see, that they increases Manacost aswell by alot and as an experienced WoW player you should know, that arcane deals damage based on mana left. Im yet not sure if its overall a nerf or buff, but it is for sure not a 10%/25% buff as you stated. i would even say it might result in an overall nerf rather than buff, but simulations will tell more there.

Quote Originally Posted by texhex View Post
    Check the patchnotes again in more detail, before you post stuff.
    Arcane wasnt really a buff. If you check it closely you can see, that they increases Manacost aswell by alot and as an experienced WoW player you should know, that arcane deals damage based on mana left. Im yet not sure if its overall a nerf or buff, but it is for sure not a 10%/25% buff as you stated. i would even say it might result in an overall nerf rather than buff, but simulations will tell more there.
    ... arcane mastery was changed and doesnt increase your damage based on remaining mana, as an experienced wow player, you should keep up with basic changes to classes...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    ... arcane mastery was changed and doesnt increase your damage based on remaining mana, as an experienced wow player, you should keep up with basic changes to classes...
    oh dear lord the mastery increases the mana and regen, in the end it has same results as old mastery...you cant stay that long on higher arcane blast stacks, which give you damage, casue you run low on mana...
    I nowhere in hell said anything about mastery.

The result is the same... the more spells cost the less damage you can do overall.
    Last edited by texhex; 2016-10-19 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    They may not be "out of scaling" now, but they could be at some unforseen (by players) point in the future, and this was done to prevent that.
    Then maybe the powers that be could actually talk to us and tell us what this mystical twist of fate could be that warrants yet another unexplained nerf. The nerf does not make a lick of sense in both PvE or PvP and it is little wonder people are getting more than sick of these near-daily nerfs with no explanation or logic behind them.

also why are shadoows not even getting touched?

500k dps on any boss they want? hello?
    Not even getting touched? Read patch notes much?

Shadow did get nerfed... did you even read the notes? Or just look at the hunter section and instantly start complaining.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GT4 View Post
    It's obvious you have no idea how Blizzard balances. SP, Fire Mage and MM hunter significantly outperform all other specs, especially ranged ones, currently in the game so they simply nerfed their main abilities. For MM they probably felt just nerfing aimed shot was enough since it's not doing quite as well as the other two specs. Maybe they even thought as far as to intentionally keep MM's strength that's cleaving spread out targets since their new design philosophy seems to be "emphasize strengths instead of nullifying weaknesses".

Having said that, it's pretty ignorant of Blizzard in my opinion to buff Arcane and Frost that much while not touching SV and BM at all. Arcane was already doing pretty well in many scenarios and they just buffed its single target damage by another 10% and AoE by 25%.
    Not sure about BM but I thought surv was buffed in a previous ptr build and these notes only go over new stuff (buffs to carve and raptor strike). Unless those changes were redacted.

this is not justified... at all... not only did they nerf the wrong spell, now our single target will be the only thing that suffers. while we already got destroyed by other classes on most bosses.
    they largely ignore us every hotfix cycle and dont adress the mechanics related problems only to come up with thos shit.way to go.
    Last edited by Heltoray; 2016-10-19 at 11:21 AM.

I just can't stand the whining on these forums. For all the classes I play, it's pretty over the top how whiney people get. I understand the initial havoc nerfs, but even with the other nerfs, the class is still amazing to play. I play Havoc, WW, MM/BM and feel all 3 are in pretty sick shape.

Deleted

Uhm? They're getting a reasonable sized nerf across the boards. Either way who cares. If they make the boss die faster it shouldn't really affect you.

Well spriest, mage and hunter were the strongest 3 classes overall in EN (as said overall) and they got accordingly nerfed. (even though im not sure about spriest, casue there is some talking about shadowform 10% damage buff). Now they are in line with the other classes except some still underperfoming classes like ele shaman.

mmhunter is comparable with firemage. they are nowhere really #1 but overall just without any real weaknesses, which made them so good

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    So a 5.2% damage nerf to one ability (your top damaging ability mind you) should come out to like 2.5% overall damage nerf. I'm sure the class will be fine.

(also, keep in mind they frequently balance based on upcoming gear/events/etc to prevent classes from getting too out of line with scaling)

edit: on our 871 ilvl hunter this equates to a 7k dps nerf.
    I'm sure hunter will be fine but nerfing the already mediocre single target damage of MM is silly and shows Blizzard has no clue.
    If they nerfed the marked shot damage, you'd understand it. MM is crazy on AOE fights (especially spread out targets) but aimed shot? Morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    Not sure about BM but I thought surv was buffed in a previous ptr build and these notes only go over new stuff (buffs to carve and raptor strike). Unless those changes were redacted.
    The problem is that those "buffs" are completely insignificant because those abilities barely make up for any of SV damage.
    Last edited by GT4; 2016-10-19 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by texhex View Post
    Well spriest, mage and hunter were the strongest 3 classes overall in EN (as said overall) and they got accordingly nerfed. (even though im not sure about spriest, casue there is some talking about shadowform 10% damage buff). Now they are in line with the other classes except some still underperfoming classes like ele shaman.

mmhunter is comparable with firemage. they are nowhere really #1 but overall just without any real weaknesses, which made them so good
    True and i am fine with that, being great on Aoe and really good in single target but half the idiots here want us to be nerfed in our specialty (Long spread cleave damage).... also barrage and sidewinder range is fine now if you still pulling stuff that means you don't know how to position yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I'm sure hunter will be fine but nerfing the already mediocre single target damage of MM is silly and shows Blizzard has no clue.
    If they nerfed the marked shot damage, you'd understand it. MM is crazy on AOE fights (especially spread out targets) but aimed shot? Morons.
    My assumption was they wanted MM to remain great at multi target scenarios but still needed to nerf them somewhere. Whether that was thier thought process we'll probably never get a definitive answer.