Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

So we got the Frost Buff Notes Does this help much?

Frost
    Howling Blast Blast the target with a frigid wind, dealing [ 55% = [ 82.5% of AP ] Frost damage to that foe, and [ 46.8% = [ 70.1% of AP ] Frost damage to all other enemies within 10 yards, infecting all targets with Frost Fever. Frost Fever A disease that deals [ 440% of AP ] Frost damage over 24 sec and has a chance to grant the Death Knight 5 Runic Power each time it deals damage. Death Knight - Frost Spec. 1 Runes. 30 yd range. Instant.
    Obliterate A brutal attack with both weapons that deals a total of (760% = 912% of weapon damage) Physical damage. Death Knight - Frost Spec. 2 Runes. Melee range. Instant.
    Runeforging
    Rune of Razorice Affixes your weapon with a rune that causes 10% extra weapon damage as Frost damage and increases enemies' vulnerability to your Frost attacks by 2% = 3%, stacking up to 5 times. Modifying your rune weapon requires a Rune Forge in Ebon Hold. 5 sec cast.

As Shown is this enough?

I was hoping for more something to improve our weapons main ability.

= means new seeing copy text does not come with color lol

As a bandaid, sure. Long term? nope
    Scaling issues are still obvious for Oblit. The more gear we get the more dmg the rest of our abilities will do while Oblit get left behind again.

I'm more interested if this could finally kill that damn machine gun specc, even if it is just for a minute..

Deleted
    There are so many ways to fix obliterate tbh.

Like:

1) Oblit + KM, KM proc changes oblits dmg to frost

2) Oblit with KM proc benefits from Critical Strike the way Chaos Bolt does but outside KM proc it's normal

3) During Pillar of Frost Oblit dmg becomes 50/100% frost

4) During POF Oblit crits 50% harder

5) Nothing But the Boots giving ~10-12% crit dmg per rank to oblit (and to FS the same as is currently)

There are way more ways to do something about it to make it scale better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm more interested if this could finally kill that damn machine gun specc, even if it is just for a minute..
    I hope so. It's so annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's at least a 16% buff for ob+ra single target according to my calculations (being generous with frozen pulse being a 20% buff, should be way higher for obliterate)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Zt4/edit#gid=0

We kinda got from the absolute bottom by miles, to close to middle of the pack now.

7+ Year Old Account
    No change to how Obliterate works. It has gone expansion by expansion not scaling requiring constant flat damage buffs every tier to stay relevant. Yet no changes have been made to give it the chaos bolt treatment, or a mastery component.

Until i see logs i won't believe that. What most people are saying this is a band-aid nothing more. So we will be back at the bottom fast.

to hellhamster

Deleted
    Obliterate itself isnt a big problem. It scales fine with all stats, since rime is attached which scales with masetery.
    The problem is just that the talent that competes with obliterate(frostscythe) scales like crazy with crit and mastery, so at some point it will always be better than obliterate.
    They just need to adjust frostscythe to deal double dmg on KM proccs, instead of doing 4times crit dmg and the spec would be in a state where you could actually balance it.

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    Obliterate itself isnt a big problem. It scales fine with all stats, since rime is attached which scales with masetery.
    The problem is just that the talent that competes with obliterate(frostscythe) scales like crazy with crit and mastery, so at some point it will always be better than obliterate.
    They just need to adjust frostscythe to deal double dmg on KM proccs, instead of doing 4times crit dmg and the spec would be in a state where you could actually balance it.
    So if we nerf an ability (on one of the most underperforming specs in the game right now) it will be alrite? :P
    Nah it scales badly in itself. Sure it procs skills that scales but in itself it really scales badly with crit and not at all with mastery and well we all know that after 20% ish haste the next stat we will stack is mastery. So around ilvl 860ish and up our mastery stat will start rising alongside crit while haste will be left behind at around 20% and thus from ilvl 860ish and up we will really start to have problems when our most heavy hitting ability is not scaling alonside the rest of our skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by komlit View Post
    Until i see logs i won't believe that. What most people are saying this is a band-aid nothing more. So we will be back at the bottom fast.

to hellhamster
    Yeah, maybe, but it's surely a sight for sore eyes after the last month.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    it's at least a 16% buff for ob+ra single target according to my calculations (being generous with frozen pulse being a 20% buff, should be way higher for obliterate)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Zt4/edit#gid=0

We kinda got from the absolute bottom by miles, to close to middle of the pack now.
    i dont get your calculations....

- why is 5% of 77.9 = 87.4
    - crystalline swords is physical afaik
    - is there rly a buff to frozen pulse?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tamo View Post
    i dont get your calculations....

- why is 5% of 77.9 = 87.4
    - crystalline swords is physical afaik
    - is there rly a buff to frozen pulse?
    5% razorice effect stacking with howling blast and frozen pulse buffs.

No, it's frost.

Yes http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/194909-frozen-pulse

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    There are so many ways to fix obliterate tbh.

Like:

1) Oblit + KM, KM proc changes oblits dmg to frost

2) Oblit with KM proc benefits from Critical Strike the way Chaos Bolt does but outside KM proc it's normal

3) During Pillar of Frost Oblit dmg becomes 50/100% frost

4) During POF Oblit crits 50% harder

5) Nothing But the Boots giving ~10-12% crit dmg per rank to oblit (and to FS the same as is currently)

There are way more ways to do something about it to make it scale better.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope so. It's so annoying.
    Make that "damage is increased by your critical strike chance" at all times and scaling now is easy we would love us the hell out of some crit thanks.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Deleted
    Ugh do unholy now have to swap over to the dread inducing frost rotation?

Unholy is such a well designed spec if you dont consider the RNG and the general issues with our class. Frost is a boring machine gun mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Ugh do unholy now have to swap over to the dread inducing frost rotation?

Unholy is such a well designed spec if you dont consider the RNG and the general issues with our class. Frost is a boring machine gun mess.
    Hot opinions.

Honestly, a 20% buff to Obliterate is pretty good, and means it's likely Machinegun's going to drop off as the 'better' dps rotation (which I don't agree with on live anyway).

Why would it? Frost scythe still scales better and they buff Razorice... Blizzard is basically retarded - forcing us into the worst rotation ever and using an aoe skill as a single target because Obliterate will still hit like a pool noodle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exeetor View Post
    So if we nerf an ability (on one of the most underperforming specs in the game right now) it will be alrite? :P
    Nah it scales badly in itself. Sure it procs skills that scales but in itself it really scales badly with crit and not at all with mastery and well we all know that after 20% ish haste the next stat we will stack is mastery. So around ilvl 860ish and up our mastery stat will start rising alongside crit while haste will be left behind at around 20% and thus from ilvl 860ish and up we will really start to have problems when our most heavy hitting ability is not scaling alonside the rest of our skills.
    No, obliterate scales just slightly below avg. nothing to be worried about with the skill itself.
    Frostscythe however scales regularly with haste, +50% with mastery and double with crit compared to regular skills. It´s quite obvious that it will at some point outscale obliterate and as a skill its clearly out of line.

The reason why frost doesn´t scale super crazy, even though frostscythe does, is due to the rest of the dk toolkit.
    They need to adjust the dk toolkit itself (not talents), which includes haste scaling of dots and buffing a slightly below avg mastery overall.
    Last edited by mmoc6ca09c3993; 2016-10-19 at 11:07 AM.

I mean its better than nothing though I still would have like to seen a buff to cold as ice, maybe a redesign of crystalline swords etc... And as for obliterate, like many I would have preferred that a portion of its damage be frost or maybe during remorseless winter/ pof obliterate does a portion of frost damage etc... but it seems blizz wants to go the "buff the percentage route " for obliterate.

Razor ice buff was unexpected and quiet nice.

Deleted
    Im thinking of taking Bad to the Bone in the Artifact instead of Blast radius for the new patch what do you think?