Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ability Pruning and ClassFantasyTM. Class design in general

I just want to turn back time to a point when my main (subtlety rogue) was actually fun to play
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hybrids shouldn't have viable DPS specs is the big one I remember from back in the day. More recently I'd say it was flying and vanilla servers.

Plus less known to the general community but Ghostcrawler's contempt and Kalgan's outright hatred of Ret.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR has such a massive gravitational pull that topics completely unrelated to it somehow have it mentioned eventually.

The obvious one is the very vocal part of the community that seem to believe that WoW is a flight simulator :P

Did you all forget about the dark shitstorm rising when the armory was released to the public?

Quote Originally Posted by Rici View Post
    Did you all forget about the dark shitstorm rising when the armory was released to the public?
    never heard of that one. what was the main complain here?

Daily quests
    LFR

Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    never heard of that one. what was the main complain here?
    Sky was fallen, as there was no more anonymity in the game. E.g. you could inspect everyone and checking gear without standing next to him/her. I can hardly remeber the argumentation against the armory, but tinfoil hats were sold like hell in that time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    Out of my head the ones i remember, prolly mis a few PVP ones and maybe a few PVE ones i don't remember or wasn't fussed about:

Vanilla - Don't remember alot of community outcry and no real major ones. Probably some about balancing though, as at the start balancing was pretty rough.
    Haha that's a good one.

Welfare high warlord epics? Unplayable servers due to queue/lag leading to free transfer? High end gear being replaced by lvl 64 greens in TBC?

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Haha that's a good one.

Welfare high warlord epics? Unplayable servers due to queue/lag leading to free transfer? High end gear being replaced by lvl 64 greens in TBC?
    Never heard alot of complaints about HWL (other than that it wasn't obtainable unless you played 12+ hours a day for weeks in a row in a premade, and were picked in that premade to be the next HWL), same for TBC greens replacing Raid gear, never heard alot about that also in terms of outcry.

Totally forgot about the server issues though, those deffo were a issue.

Cross Realm Zones is a big one and has been for some time.

I think most of the major ones have been mentioned, except the Scourge invasion event pre-WotLK. It was pretty short-lived but it generated metric sh*ttons of butthurt back in the day!

Quote Originally Posted by Minttunator View Post
    I think most of the major ones have been mentioned, except the Scourge invasion event pre-WotLK. It was pretty short-lived but it generated metric sh*ttons of butthurt back in the day!
    remember that. didn't bother me :S

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Haha that's a good one.

No one ever called high warlord or grand marshal epics welfare. You had to create a premade that played every day 8+ hrs a day every day and on my grind a guild decided they wanted to get GMs so we were looking at 14+ hrs a day just to stay ahead of them.

Real ID. That was a shitstorm of apocalyptic proportions, and one of the few cases (that I can remember) when Blizzard actually backed down.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Real ID by far. Most of Blizzard bad ideas can last for weeks or months - sometimes entire expansions. This didn't even make it past the concept stage and was called off after few days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    Real ID. That was a shitstorm of apocalyptic proportions, and one of the few cases (that I can remember) when Blizzard actually backed down.
    they pretty much had no choice to back down after that dev posted his name on the forum to show how safe it was....

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    Ability Pruning and ClassFantasyTM. Class design in general

I just want to turn back time to a point when my main (subtlety rogue) was actually fun to play
    All three Rogue specs need to be turned back to pre-Legion.

Current state of Rogues is really, really sad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Scope creep in difficulties.

Should really just be:

Raids
    Normal (queueable)
    Heroic
    Mythic (basically current Mythic difficulty, but activated like old Ulduar Hard Mode)

Dungeons
    Normal (queueable)
    Heroic
    Mythic+ (current M+, with no baseline +0)
    Actualy it should be only:

Raids - Mytihc

Dungeons - heroic and mythic only.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember there was a large portion of the PvP community that didn't want blizz to remove rating requirement on gear back in cata.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.