Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    How do you decide who deserves them? someone who plays 12 hours a day deserves it more than someone who plays 3 hours a day?
    Thats easy. Heres a vendor. He sells the legendary for a currency. A currency you can acquire in wq, dungeons, and raids. Raids award slightly more currency. Dungeons slightly less. WQ slightly less than that. When you have X currency you have earned your legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Wrong, the current legendary system is just rng garbage. Quite sure thats the opinion that majority have.
    Said Justin Bieber.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    The shield is actually good, It can save your life especially when you are doing progress fights in raids or in mythic plus. Its saved my life on Mythic Ursoc a few times
    The content is designed around you not having that. If you die, it's becuase you made a mistake. That crappy little shield won't save you in most cases though.
    For the characters I play, a blue ilvl 820 neck would be better. The neck is THAT bad.
    Also, more DPS can also save you and I'm willing to bet it'll save you and your group much more often than that neck ever will.

One of my guild mates got that neck the other day and deleted it the same sec. Made for a good laugh on discord, if nothing else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Ehm... No it's not.
    The shield is crap and the stats are horrible. Quite a few options that would be much, much better for you.
    They're not really options though, it's 100% one of the better choices in the case of Mythic+. When you're doing Mythic+ 8-11'ish the shield is a HUGE help actually. It's essentially 2 PWS's with my extra health as a Tauren, that's not including the PWS I can pre-cast on myself for incoming damage, I've literally seen a shield for about 2/5's of my life at this point. I'm essentially not having to worry about 1/5th of the party when the neck is equipped due to essentially negating the majority of mechanics in Mythic+. Also I don't raid or really intended to on this character so it's essentially all about Mythic+ push/spam.

Cord is great until you need to start blanketing your group with atonement then having to spam a few SM + extra shields. Xalan is just straight worse than the neck on all levels. And N'ero is just plain too situational.. The rest of the options just aren't really that good..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Right @Darsithis @Splenda @MoanaLisa, can't we just make a Legendary megathread too? This is getting old, and repetitive.

And no, OP, this isn't a dig at you. Just the threads being a little too many and some hitting the same tones.
    Actually, this thread is so far the best one because OP is a well thought post without any childish threats of quitting and stuff - just pointing out the issues competitve crowd has with the system which is a serious issue for this group of WoW players.

Anyway, this one could be made into the megathread. This discussion needs to happen but countless threads about it prolly annoy people who don't care about the topic and just bring trolling and douchiness into it.

It's not the fact that I don't have a single one after 20 days /played. (not even Sephuz's Secret)

It's the fact that people who have 2 hours /played DO have one.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2016-10-19 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    They're not really options though, it's 100% one of the better choices in the case of Mythic+. When you're doing Mythic+ 8-11'ish the shield is a HUGE help actually. It's essentially 2 PWS's with my extra health as a Tauren, that's not including the PWS I can pre-cast on myself for incoming damage, I've literally seen a shield for about 2/5's of my life at this point. I'm essentially not having to worry about 1/5th of the party when the neck is equipped due to essentially negating the majority of mechanics in Mythic+. Also I don't raid or really intended to on this character so it's essentially all about Mythic+ push/spam.

Cord is great until you need to start blanketing your group with atonement then having to spam a few SM + extra shields. Xalan is just straight worse than the neck on all levels. And N'ero is just plain too situational.. The rest of the options just aren't really that good..
    Fine, then make that worthless crap drop only for disc priests. For everyone else it's about as powerfull as items you get in normal dungones... Unless you get a warforged, then that blue item probably better.

Deleted
    Jay Wilson should be fired from WoW team and legendaries sent back to D3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    It's not the fact that I don't have a single one after 20 days /played.

It's the fact that people who have 2 hours /played DO have one.
    See i think thats awful. Im not a fan of this current system by any meand but whats wrong with being happy for other people? I presume you have some association with them. Colleagues in guild or even friends.

They should have lowered the drop rate with no "bad luck" protection.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Fine, then make that worthless crap drop only for disc priests. For everyone else it's about as powerfull as items you get in normal dungones... Unless you get a warforged, then that blue item probably better.
    I was specifically talking about Disc Priests man It's obviously a huge piece of shit for DPS classes and Tanks, it's literally a stat stick if you're playing either of those roles. Which options are better for me though as you have me interested? Or were you just talking about the item while being ignorant of the Disc legendaries?

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    How can people possibly get so worked up over this stuff? For fuck's sake.

There's absolutely no problem with legendaries. The only problem comes from people being completely unable to stop themselves from being a ridiculous person. It's pathetic. You even said it yourself OP: anxiety, envy, frustration. But it doesn't come from the system, it's the players. It's YOU! Stop diverting and shifting the blame for your inadequacies to some system design aspect that can't possibly be perfected enough to alleviate all your personal shortcomings.
    Regarding the bolded part, I had no problem with loot ever ever before in the game since 2004.

So it's not the players. It's the system.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    There is nothing inherently wrong with the legendaries aside from the fact that evidently some people just don't know how to process their presence in the game.
    The main problem with the legendaries is that their perception is absolutly horrible. But was something that was expected to happen and Blizzard didn't listen. It's the problem with RNG. And human beings do not perceive RNG in a mathematical way - we see a small sample. Now, if the chance are big and the single gain isn't huge, we can deal with RNG quite well. For example, while some people dislike the titaforged and socket system, the negativity towards that is much smaller. Because those items drop so often, lucky and unlucky rolls will distribute themselves among a small sample quite nicely. That's something most people can easily get over.

However, good legendaries are quite rare from the perspective of single person but in the whole population they are something more common. This means that for example people who enjoy placing on logs are out of the play if they don't get their spec's top legendary. It isn't about envy really. It's about screwing over something people enjoyed doing. This competitive thing that some of us enjoy greatly was just taken away from all unlucky ones with no good reason.

People are getting upset and overreact. Also, the community is what it is. You can call certain behaviours like denying spots due to no legendary dumb, but it won't stop it from happening. But still, at the core there is a problem and there could be really quite a lot of easy solutions for it.

If Blizzard wants people to get excited for random, rare drops, why not put that into nice looking mounts, pets or transmogs.

If they want there to be rare and fun legendaries, why not make them all like those "useless" ones. They would be a fun thing for outworld stuff but they would not give you upper hand in competitive content.

Power is something you can earn. There can be some rng involved but the more powerfull an item, the more reliable it should be to obtain. RNG could be put in place of getting it faster or cheaper. But there should be still that known path to reliably obtaining it.

The thing is that RARE and POWERFULL items are a bad idea because they far to often push people to their worst insticts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sad my alt rogue is now my main because it got a legendary first

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    The main problem with the legendaries is that their perception is absolutly horrible. But was something that was expected to happen and Blizzard didn't listen. It's the problem with RNG. And human beings do not perceive RNG in a mathematical way - we see a small sample. Now, if the chance are big and the single gain isn't huge, we can deal with RNG quite well. For example, while some people dislike the titaforged and socket system, the negativity towards that is much smaller. Because those items drop so often, lucky and unlucky rolls will distribute themselves among a small sample quite nicely. That's something most people can easily get over.

However, good legendaries are quite rare from the perspective of single person but in the whole population they are something more common. This means that for example people who enjoy placing on logs are out of the play if they don't get their spec's top legendary. It isn't about envy really. It's about screwing over something people enjoyed doing. This competitive thing that some of us enjoy greatly was just taken away from all unlucky ones with no good reason.

People are getting upset and overreact. Also, the community is what it is. You can call certain behaviours like denying spots due to no legendary dumb, but it won't stop it from happening. But still, at the core there is a problem and there could be really quite a lot of easy solutions for it.

If Blizzard wants people to get excited for random, rare drops, why not put that into nice looking mounts, pets or transmogs.

If they want there to be rare and fun legendaries, why not make them all like those "useless" ones. They would be a fun thing for outworld stuff but they would not give you upper hand in competitive content.

Power is something you can earn. There can be some rng involved but the more powerfull an item, the more reliable it should be to obtain. RNG could be put in place of getting it faster or cheaper. But there should be still that known path to reliably obtaining it.

The thing is that RARE and POWERFULL items are a bad idea because they far to often push people to their worst insticts.
    Agree completely with everything here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    The only issue is the fact there are some that literally nobody wants. Nothing worse than getting the fucking CC ring
    Yeah having a mini heroism every 30sec just for doing a mini CC in myth+ must be really useless

ahh mmo c ...where the casual joe are the finest

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    You're the one exaggerating here Raelbo. I think people are upset because they're invested in a game based on character progression and they can't meaningful progress when it comes to Legiondaries.
    This is exactly the kind of exaggeration I am refering to btw. There is so much meaningful progression that can happen without the need for an instant legendary, but you're fixating on one issue.

When you say cope fine, you say it like one who says "it's just a game".
    Or maybe just like someone who can put things into their proper perspective.

Good legendaries sometimes bring huge power jumps. You'll still do decent dps/heal etc if you play well and have good gear, but will be far behind those like you that happened to grab a good legendary.
    The problem with your argument is that you seem to believe that this is a problem that doesn't need to be substantiated. I don't see it as a problem. It's part of the game. Some people will always be ahead of others on the meters for reasons not purely based on skill and that is ok. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    See i think thats awful. Im not a fan of this current system by any meand but whats wrong with being happy for other people? I presume you have some association with them. Colleagues in guild or even friends.
    I mean in general, and don't get me wrong sure there is some happiness when a friend gets lucky, but it's still quite annoying and shows a flaw in the system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Actually, this thread is so far the best one because OP is a well thought post without any childish threats of quitting and stuff - just pointing out the issues competitve crowd has with the system which is a serious issue for this group of WoW players.

Anyway, this one could be made into the megathread. This discussion needs to happen but countless threads about it prolly annoy people who don't care about the topic and just bring trolling and douchiness into it.
    As I said, this wasn't a post about the OP. But more about the topic overflowing.

The discussion is welcomed to happen, but think people should just start actually making a primary thread.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Wrong, the current legendary system is just rng garbage. Quite sure thats the opinion that majority have.
    How can you possibly know that? The majority of the playerbase isn't complaining about the legendaries.
    Hi