Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    There is so much meaningful progression that can happen without the need for an instant legendary, ...
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Dev-Interviews

"
    The first tier is balanced around most players not having a legendary item.
    Later tiers will be tuned around most players having a legendary item.
    "

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    How can people possibly get so worked up over this stuff? For fuck's sake.

There's absolutely no problem with legendaries. The only problem comes from people being completely unable to stop themselves from being a ridiculous person. It's pathetic. You even said it yourself OP: anxiety, envy, frustration. But it doesn't come from the system, it's the players. It's YOU! Stop diverting and shifting the blame for your inadequacies to some system design aspect that can't possibly be perfected enough to alleviate all your personal shortcomings.
    You do know that this system doesn't exist in the void? It's created for people to use and at least the intention of Blizzard seems to make people feel excited. Yet the outcome is somehow different from excited. So basicly what is happening now is people sending message to Blizzard that "sorry, it isn't exciting... it's all those other less pleasant feelings".

I'm personally quite far from throwing a tantrum and quitting but I dislike this system and had doubts about it from the start. I got hope, when I heard that "they are going to be fun items not usable in raids" but it seems that has changed or I have misunderstood something. Anyway, what we have now is like from the biggest nightmare of a competitive player.

Yep, current legendary system is absolute garbage. Usually only supported by those who have received a legendary already.

I also love Blizzard's attitude when questioned about it. "Oh it might seem bad now, but wait until 10monts in "

Unfortunately for you Blizzard I've stopped trusting developers who say "It will be better later". Not to mention you can tell they're painfully aware of how bad things are, but are just desperately trying to force people to stay subbed as long as possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    Yeah having a mini heroism every 30sec just for doing a mini CC in myth+ must be really useless

ahh mmo c ...where the casual joe are the finest
    Soooo many things to CC during raid boss encounters :P

Quote Originally Posted by NFA View Post
    Yep, current legendary system is absolute garbage. Usually only supported by those who have received a legendary already.

I also love Blizzard's attitude when questioned about it. "Oh it might seem bad now, but wait until 10monts in "

Unfortunately for you Blizzard I've stopped trusting developers who say "It will be better later". Not to mention you can tell they're painfully aware of how bad things are, but are just desperately trying to force people to stay subbed as long as possible.
    Just in case, when the devs say these things, they typically don't know for sure it will be better, they are merely hoping it will be better.

So, you are right not to trust it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    As I said, this wasn't a post about the OP. But more about the topic overflowing.

The discussion is welcomed to happen, but think people should just start actually making a primary thread.
    Don't think it's possible without moderation. There is just too many people on this forum to get the message to everyone without proper tools. And emotions are flying high so the topics keep poping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Don't think it's possible without moderation. There is just too many people on this forum to get the message to everyone without proper tools. And emotions are flying high so the topics keep poping.
    Trust me, it is possible. If more threads are made, you can merge them together.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    The thing, thats so unblievable bad about this system in a competative enviroment (i'm talking about mythic guilds, not even world first race). The absoute best case of feeling u get of a legendary drop is the feeling of relief. And there are so many really bad and medicore legendaries that it is way more likely u will feel cheated for your effort.

If u are waiting since legion launch for your legendary to drop and are competing with another player of class and spec, you will feel devastated looting the ring or the neck. Having this system of pure RNG decide over who is allowed to do good damage or not is beyond retarded.

Just have a look at Ursoc mythic logs, its almost a ranking in legendary power level.
    Last edited by mmoc8b7ecea538; 2016-10-19 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    How can you possibly know that? The majority of the playerbase isn't complaining about the legendaries.
    Well my grasp from my interaction in game and in forums, is more people hate the legendary design, than love it, or hate the haters.

Look for example at the trend on this thread with the upvoting/downvoting: http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...3753188?page=1

Don't be in denial.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Well, still better than 70% slow on Corruption for Aff. Because having a permanent slow on your main ability that lasts forever (literally, if you talent for that) and you can't turn off or not use (unless you don't like damage) is brilliant. Much better solution than Curse of Exhaustion that slowed for the same amount and was a separate spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    Legendaries are only 895 Ilvl, half of them will be replaced by night hold gear if it doesn't have a good equip. they don't specify what about the legendaries they'll be balancing around.

So yes. They should balance around the proper Ilvl of the gear given out.
    Legendaries can be upgraded later on. Think the first upgrade brings them to 925 or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Whole Legion is pretty bad designed. It's full of flaws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Well my grasp from my interaction in game and in forums, is more people hate the legendary design, than love it, or hate the haters.

Look for example at the trend on this thread with the upvoting/downvoting: http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...3753188?page=1

Don't be in denial.
    "Denial"? Really?

You're basing your opinion about numbers from a horrendeous minority of the playerbase that are on the forums. Meaning, you're basing your opinion about the VOCAL part, of the minority of the playerbase.

Who tends to be more vocal, people who are unsatisfied with something, or those who aren't?

I'm very exited to see whether you understand logic, or will just blame me for being in denial again.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masqerader View Post
    Pretty sad my alt rogue is now my main because it got a legendary first
    You're basing what you want to main around a single item? Play what you enjoy more tbh. If you spam more Mythic+ on your old main you will see one eventually...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    Whole Legion is pretty bad designed. It's full of flaws.
    Still the best expansion in a long time

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    Legendaries are only 895 Ilvl, half of them will be replaced by night hold gear if it doesn't have a good equip. they don't specify what about the legendaries they'll be balancing around.

So yes. They should balance around the proper Ilvl of the gear given out.
    Nah the item level of legendary items will keep raising to the top item level. Blizzard stated ages ago that you will be using them throughout the entire expansion.

"Denial"? Really?

You're basing your opinion about numbers from a horrendeous minority of the playerbase that are on the forums. Meaning, you're basing your opinion about the VOCAL part, of the minority of the playerbase.

Who tends to be more vocal, people who are unsatisfied with something, or those who aren't?

I'm very exited to see whether you understand logic, or will just blame me for being in denial again.
    There are numerous complaints on the forums on a day by day basis. Most of them get downvoted. That must mean something about the complaints that get upvoted?

Denial yes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    There are numerous complaints on the forums on a day by day basis. Most of them get downvoted. That must mean something about the complaints that get upvoted?

Denial yes!
    You didn't answer my question.

How predictable.
    Hi

OP sums it up quite nicely.
    Either make it a token and u buy what you want. RNG leggys sux when some of the are so overtuned that its stupid and some so bad for some classes that you dont even use em when u get em (firemages getting leggys without crit for example with no fire mage skill buffs) or make it as OP said. Just give out utility-legendaries.
    Everyone would be happy just to get one cause it might do some fancy stuff that works out well for a specific fight instead of "lolderp if I equip this I get 50k dps increase)
    Hell I got a usable leggy on my DK. The cloak. The actual effect is USELESS. The amount of healing I got from it is so low it makes me sad. Hell only time its good is if I screwed up from the get go.
    The only redeeming factor for me is that the stats are actually good making it the BiS cloak.
    I was happy when I got it cause atleast I got something fun BUT after a while (5-10min) I actually got a bit dissapointed and when I went to bed I had to remind myself over and over that the cloak is still BiS based on the stats and ilvl... which felt REALLY weird.

Nah another system that you can work towards with time IF the leggys are going to have this kind of impact

Deleted
    The whole sytem is terrible. The basic idea of legion was: "Lets copy Diablo!" ...but they fucked it up! First of all the Legendaries seem completely random, most classes only have 1-2 usable legendaries and the rest is garbage. But the major problem here is the randomness. You can get level110 do one heroic dungeon or a few worldquest and get a legendary that boosts your damage by like 30%.

...or you do 100 Mythic+ DUngeons, 1000+ Worldquests with all Caches and you get fucking bullshit!

And the RNG on top of RNG with the retarded Titanforging-System isn't helping either.

You didn't answer my question.

How predictable.
    Because, my answer proved, your question is irrelevant?

"Who tends to be more vocal, people who are unsatisfied with something, or those who aren't?"

People who are unsatisfied with something, do indeed tent to be more vocal, than people that are pleased.

However, both people who are pleased and unsatisfied visit the forums. Given the occurrence, that plenty of vocal unhappy people, get downvoted proves, that each complaint is taken on its own ground.

Your argument "all forum posters are unhappy" therefore their issues does not represent the player base is not valid either.

What actually happens is that each complaint, has it's very own credibility. Just because there are different reactions, to different complaints, we can guess there is a trend on forums, more or less extends to the player base. Else all complaints would get upvoted.

On our particular case, the trend is against the current legendary implementation.

Deleted
    What we have to be aware of in regards of the legendary discussion is, that this system also is one of legions core features. The system is directly linked to all of the class balance and we can be sure that a hell of a lot of man hours, and maybe even worse, excitement went into the system.

We can be sure the blizzard developers will fight tooth and nail to prevail thier creation. We are already getting a glimpse at how they rise thier defense with the recent Q&A. They are stating that some of the utility legendaries are very powerfull in some situations. This is a heuristic, as this statement may not be wrong, but it leaves the whole dicussion completely unaddressed. That is that the dps, and even more the "right" dps legendary is and always will be way way more valuable then any utility legendary, period.

This whole system is something we will be hearing about on Blizzcon 2020 under the lessons learnd toppics. Sadly they are way too involved right now to see clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Khlavkalash View Post
    What we have to be aware of in regards of the legendary discussion is, that this system also is one of legions core features. The system is directly linked to all of the class balance and we can be sure that a hell of a lot of man hours, and maybe even worse, excitement went into the system.

We can be sure the blizzard developers will fight tooth and nail to prevail thier creation. We are already getting a glimpse at how they rise thier defense with the recent Q&A. They are stating that some of the utility legendaries are very powerfull in some situations. This is a heuristic, as this statement may not be wrong, but it leaves the whole dicussion completely unaddressed. That is that the dps, and even more the "right" dps legendary is and always will be way way more valuable then any utility legendary, period.

This whole system is something we will be hearing about on Blizzcon 2020 under the lessons learnd toppics. Sadly they are way too involved right now to see clear.
    Which is really sad, for what otherwise is the best expansion ever