Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Legion is a lot like WoD in terms of design, just a bit more "to do". So if you didn't really dig how the classes played and all that in WoD, it won't be much better for you in Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenetix View Post
    Title says it all. Is it worth coming back? I quit sometime during WoD because I wasn't really making friends in game and I got lonely / bored online without people to hang out and group with. Not really sure what the state of the game is currently with Legion but I don't want to come back only to quit again for the same reason I quit in WoD.

In short, is the game more social / fun / community oriented since the release of Legion?

Thanks!
    If you didn't make friends then, I don't think you would make them now. The game has never changed in this aspect - it won't GIVE you friends, you gotta find them. If you don't do that, you can't play the game for being un-satisfactory. WoW was never community-oriented, that's an illusion we told ourselves when talking random stuff at Crossroads world PvP. State of the game doesn't matter, motivation for finding people to play the game with, that matters.

Deleted
    Title says it all. Is it worth coming back? I quit sometime during WoD because I wasn't really making friends in game and I got lonely / bored online without people to hang out and group with. Not really sure what the state of the game is currently with Legion but I don't want to come back only to quit again for the same reason I quit in WoD.

In short, is the game more social / fun / community oriented since the release of Legion?

Thanks!
    Regarding communication and socializing, the game hasn't changed since WoD.
    The concept of making friends while playing rarely works anymore.
    As in WoD, you need to go the other way round. If you don't already have people to play with, you need to actively look for them. Either bring your RL friends, find a guild that fits your needs or at least some people to hang out. Use ingame channels or look on the many online platforms. Don't expect to be found, or you will still be lonely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n7stormreaver View Post
    If you like to grind more that anything. And if you have 4 people to run M+ with. Otherwise it's really meh experience so far, playing Legion solo would be trash tier waste of time i believe.
    Lol what game are you playing? I pretty much exclusively play solo except for on weekends when my friend from the US and myself are both on at the same time. I host Mythic+ PuGs every night essentially.. We generally clear +7'ish with a max of +11 last Sunday.

I'm actually interested in why you think it's a waste of time with no friends to play with?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    Absolutely NOT!
    This is the most boredom I have ever experienced in WOWs history. but if u only quit due to friends theres group finder. But the content is just so BORING. I mean they renamed dailys to world quests. Theres no way for u to catch up on artifact power for the stupid weapon tree. You cant change specs because one artifact is really all you get as you dont have a unlimited supply of artifact power at your disposal and leveling it up is a huge pain.
    You also have these retarded time sinks they called researching it goes from 1 day to 10 days research time in which u are then bored out of your mind.
    Mythics whoopie, Mythic Plus Woo another boring idea that doesnt fit well with wow stolen from diablo.
    random world bosses one a week. Meh should be one a day.
    RNG based boring loot system worse then it was in Vanilla.
    Oh cant forget the terribad legion pre patch that destroyed every class and spec.
    If you were a healer before you will now be stressed outta ur skull as healing is worse off then it was in Vanilla.
    If you were a tank before you will now be on a seasaw with your nerves as your HP goes up and down real fast.
    If you were a dps well meh.
    So no I would not recommend it
    Sounds like you're bored af of the game dude...

Title says it all. Is it worth coming back?
    No. No it is not.

I really like Legion. Having played this game for ages, this expac really feels like a breath of fresh air. And even though you still have to socialize on your own, the world feels much more like an MMO again, without the garrison crap. Much more stuff happening that makes the world feel alive Also, with the emphasis on mythic dungeons, it's easier to get in touch with players again since you have to actively search for people to do them with. If you find a mythic group with people that seems really nice, you can add them to your friends list and ask them if they want to run with you again later. Much more social than grinding lfr without anyone saying anything, or just flaming.
    So, as other are saying, give it a go! I'm more into it than I've been in ages, and I'm not even raiding anymore

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    No. No it is not.
    You may elaborate on this please.

Deleted
    No. No it is not.
    Yes. Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillytwo View Post
    You may elaborate on this please.
    Why?

1.) You weren't the one asking the question.
    2.) Why should I waste my virtual breath on this shitty game?

That's not something Blizzard can change. They aren't able to force you to make friends.
    In legion, just like every other single expansion, you need groups of like minded individuals to defeat the hardest content in the game.

If you didn't find that to be true in WoD you wont find it to be true in Legion.

The way I look at it, if you quit before you will quit again.
    Its still the same video game. No matter what they add or change, its unlikely you will last long without meaningful ties to its core fundamentals.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    Yes. Yes it is.
    "And also, the Warcraft movie was a megahit blockbuster!" --This Guy

@Frenetix:

Sounds like you want the social part to be delivered at you but the nature of social is YOU have to be social.

It all depends on what you want. I was a happy lonely wolf for years as I love my freedom and independancy but Legion made me join a guild again and so far I enjoy it.

Don't let AP preasure you and it's all good.

Thanks!
    at this point no its not - you are way behind on AP , catch up mechanics are shit atm , you will be excluded from 90 % of game due to inflated itlv reqirmeents etc etc - if i were you i would wait for new year and nighthold release

Deleted
    "And also, the Warcraft movie was a megahit blockbuster!" --This Guy
    Can't tell, haven't seen it yet.

Deleted
    No. No it is not.
    I'd strongly disagree here. This has easily been one of the most enjoyable expansions in a long time

To the OP. I'd 100% say it's worth coming back. The game hasn't been in this great of shape for years. You know it's doing well when one of the biggest complaints of lately is we have had the same world boss 2 weeks in a row

Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    Can't tell, haven't seen it yet.
    Why should that stop you? You're already hallucinating about WoW. Might as well go the Full Monty.

The game is as social as you want it to be, as always. Did they remove the group finder so people are now forced to interact with each other? no, but they have added a lot of quests and incentives for people to run mythic dungeons and normal raids; this pushing into non-finder content is stronger than WoD. So in that sense I suppose the game is more "social" now than it was in WoD.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the game is still great after 1+ month, which hasn't happened since LK. Gear RNG makes all pve content much more replayable. Mythic+ dungeons are very great fun. Artifact farming is much better than previous iterations - we have much more freedom in how and when to farm the resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    Absolutely NOT!
    I mean they renamed dailys to world quests.
    Not even close. You can pick and choose which ones you want, they give varying rewards, and they occur in every space in every zone. The only thing similar is they are repeatable. And they are totally optional after your 3rd slot.

Theres no way for u to catch up on artifact power for the stupid weapon tree.
    Its called Artifact Knowledge. The traits exponentiate in terms of cost and Artifact knowledge exponentiates the amount you gain, so after a few weeks in, you can put in a few dozen points with a single dungeon's rewards.

You cant change specs because one artifact is really all you get as you dont have a unlimited supply of artifact power at your disposal and leveling it up is a huge pain.
    You can get all 3/4 artifacts and choose to put points in as you see fit. See above for Artifact Knowledge.
    You DO have an unlimited supply of artifact power actually, you just need to play the video game. I know that's hard for some one like you.
    Leveling up is just a passive thing that will happen as you play the game and get the Artifact Power rewards from all types of content.
    I have 21 points in Prot and 23 points in Holy and do both equally - Holy for raids and Prot for Mythic+.

You also have these retarded time sinks they called researching it goes from 1 day to 10 days research time in which u are then bored out of your mind.
    You just press the button and go off to play the game. You don't sit there for "10 days" researching something. The NPC does it for you. I think I may have identified your problem! Were you sitting there reading the book the whole time! Silly casual!

Mythics whoopie, Mythic Plus Woo another boring idea that doesnt fit well with wow stolen from diablo.
    Well first off all, it fits in PERFECTLY in WoW. WoW has needed a serious progressive dungeon model since Wrath and it finally got one. CMs were nice, but they didn't reward gear so they weren't something most people did.
    Mythic+ is probably the best feature of Legion tbh. It completely changes the PVE in the game for people who enjoy 5 man content. But again, if you are a casual who is this confused I can't imagine you'd understand how to even enter a dungeon without queuing for it.

random world bosses one a week. Meh should be one a day.
    That would be way too much gear distributed and even if they wanted that, they would just have all 7 up at once. One a day is retarded and not how anything else in the game works.
    For the record, it is one a week because just like raids, you can get it done whenever you want in that 7 day window but you can only get loot once.

RNG based boring loot system worse then it was in Vanilla.
    There was no RNG loot in Vanilla, and there is not any in Legion either in terms of acquisition. The titanforging system allows you to get large upgrades from content you previously thought was obsolete, therefor giving people incentive to play with their friends in lower content or target farming bosses they would have never considered otherwise. In that way, its actually a lot like Vanilla!

Oh cant forget the terribad legion pre patch that destroyed every class and spec.
    That was the actual patch for Legion btw. The "pre-patch" would be the things that are gone now like the invasions.
    If you thought they destroyed every class and spec, why did you continue to play the expansion?
    Spoiler alert: things just changed.

If you were a healer before you will now be stressed outta ur skull as healing is worse off then it was in Vanilla.
    I'd recommend using CDs. The newish healing model where everyone has large health pools but takes chip damage frequently is far less stressful than the environment in Classic where if you were undergeared you simply could not survive anything. You spam one spell 99 percent of the globals and its either enough to keep the target alive or they die.
    Now, you have to make intelligent decisions based on spell choice, mana pool, encounter type. AND healers can do very nice damage, so you should get used to filling globals that would be overhealing with damage spells instead.

If you were a tank before you will now be on a seasaw with your nerves as your HP goes up and down real fast.
    Try using active mitigation.

If you were a dps well meh.
    Amazing point, as always.

So no I would not recommend it
    I would recommend asking some one who has actually played the game. But who am I kidding. Anyone asking whether they should return to a video game on a website that aggregates news for the video game is probably going to do this same shit.
    Its such a shame what this community has become.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I think socially my greatest time in WoW was in MoP when I played with new people and generally had a great time in the game. WoD was alright I guess, but I ended up in the same boat as you - no friends and guilds dying off. Sadly, this carried over to Legion, and I miss the network. I'm in the process of trying to find not only an active guild, but a guild that is including. My main (for now.. -_-) is in a guild with 30+ people online in the evening but it doesn't help when no one does, well, anything, together.

If you want to come back you should:
    1. Find out what class/spec you want to play as well as server/faction (which all of which have been hard for me)
    2. What do you want to do - arena, RBG, BGs, raids (casual/hardcore), mythic+

as finding out what you want to do saves frustration, wasting time and also helps in finding a guild that's a good match for you

Then try to research a proper guild. I personally am checking the server's forum page. To me, if they're recruiting from there, they are more serious than the guild Deathfall Knight Guardians or some other stupid name that have an addon (?) to invite guildless players with the automated "welcome"

In LFG, it's more or less the same, you've got the noobs, the newbs, chatty people, silent people, the trolls and the ragers. The ragers are the worst
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.