Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Hopefully this is just an issue with the demo, but it doesn't perform that well. It sometimes lags with HP bars going down and when the totem pokemon encounter happened, the framerate went to hell like a triple battle with 6 Moltres, which is strange because there is no 3D option in the demo (who knows whether or not it'll be in the final game or not)

Thunder Wave & Paralysis have actually been nerfed in 7th gen:

Thunder Wave now has a 90% accuracy down from 100% and
    Paralysis now only reduces your speed by 50% instead of 75%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Hopefully this is just an issue with the demo, but it doesn't perform that well. It sometimes lags with HP bars going down and when the totem pokemon encounter happened, the framerate went to hell like a triple battle with 6 Moltres, which is strange because there is no 3D option in the demo (who knows whether or not it'll be in the final game or not)
    The totem pokemon lag happened for literally everyone. Let's hope it's not the case with every totem pokemon in the main games.

Just waiting for a L'ORÉAL meme to pop up now.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    All stats of the Pokemon not encounterable in the demo were replaced by Pikachu's stats.
    Hm, pretty sure some of the leaks showed some of the 'mons typings.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I didn't get any lag with the totem pokémon or in the demo altogether.

- - - Updated - - -

water shuriken being special is really nice.

(also the english name sucks. in french it's "sheauriken" eau = water)

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Demo was quite fun

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    There was 3D during the pokemon snap portion of the demo so I'm thinking 3D in battles might just be gone.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Deleted
    The guy from day 1 just gives 10 pretty wings. Here's hoping that other people plots will be more interesting.

There's an Ice stone now, assuming it's for Vulpix, maybe Sandshrew.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, next lots of info are Oct 23rd 8pm JST on a NicoNico livestream (unknown if new information), and official information on Oct 27th 2200 JST.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    The guy from day 1 just gives 10 pretty wings. Here's hoping that other people plots will be more interesting.
    Seems like the demo is just about giving you money to be able to buy clothes and customizers early for your character in the main games, apart from transferring Greninja.

- - - Updated - - -

Confusion also is nerfed:

From a 50% chance to hit oneself in confusion, it now is 33%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    So...
    - we get something from a dude in front of pokecenter tomorrow
    - we can meet one lady's friend in 5 days
    - we can celebrate one man's pikachu's birthday in 12 days
    - we can help a policeman handle some shady situation in 18 days
    - we can go to see off one lady sailing away in 24 days

If you guys find something else, please write.
    And we can play the full version of the game in 30 days, when it releases... which kinda closes the 6-day circle they are going with.

Well... at least they are not turning dragonite into a fairy... so that's good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    There was 3D during the pokemon snap portion of the demo so I'm thinking 3D in battles might just be gone.
    3D being has been known for a while now.

I must have forgotten about lack of 3D. Not to broken up about it, I hardly used it anyway.
    Seprate day and night tracks are back at least in some places which is awesome.
    Not sure if anyone else noticed that we can't sit anymore. Literally unplayable.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Anyone knows if the controls from demo will be in full version? I suppose so but still secretly hope they won't. It feels weird to use only joystick for running and ignore the cross totally. Means also the slow walking from ORAS is gone, which is pity...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    Anyone knows if the controls from demo will be in full version? I suppose so but still secretly hope they won't. It feels weird to use only joystick for running and ignore the cross totally. Means also the slow walking from ORAS is gone, which is pity...
    I'm pretty sure i saw a gif of someone using that feature in a gif, that featured alolan-dugtrio... might be wrong doe.
    Also i'm preety sure you can slow-walk with the joystick as well (at leas ti have always done so), it's just riskier since it's easier to cock up.

Ok, so we have confirmed: (no real spoilers)

-Ultra Beasts are able to be captured (nintendo confirmed it to polygon). New ball for them.
    -All HMs are now TMs. HMs are completely gone.
    -Incinerate, Flash & Retaliate are gone as TMs, with new non-known moves taking their place.
    -Leech Life is now a TM. Bells ringing for some buff to it. I had the suspicion when Ribombee was shown in the trailer using it.
    -Z-moves: 29 total, 1 for each type (18) + 11 special.
    -719 total moves in S&M up from 631 in ORAS.
    -Seems like we are not getting fossils.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    I'm pretty sure i saw a gif of someone using that feature in a gif, that featured alolan-dugtrio... might be wrong doe.
    Also i'm preety sure you can slow-walk with the joystick as well (at leas ti have always done so), it's just riskier since it's easier to cock up.
    Well you kinda had to slow-walk (or how did they call it in oras, y'know as to not spook the 'mons) with the joystick But that seems to be removed and the cross seems to be rendered useless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    Well you kinda had to slow-walk (or how did they call it in oras, y'know as to not spook the 'mons) with the joystick But that seems to be removed and the cross seems to be rendered useless.
    Ahh my bad; i was reffering to:
    https://twitter.com/KazoWAR/status/788261426867691520
    Doesn't have sneaking around as it look like. :/

I still won't miss the cross for movement... the only time i really used it was in X/Y... for breeding in conjunction with a clip ;D

You can bind the pokerider to the cross.