Thread: Aimed Shot nerf

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    "OMG The most popular and top performing spec got nerfed while the least common one got buffed Bli$$ard pls!"

Why are you talking about Fire Mages?

Quote Originally Posted by GT4 View Post
    The problem is that those "buffs" are completely insignificant because those abilities barely make up for any of SV damage. Compare that to basically all Arcane single target abilities getting a 10% buff each and the primary AoE ability getting a 25% buff.
    Eh, I feel surv single target is already pretty ok. Not saying it couldnt use some love tho. Im hoping the carve buff helps even out aoe in 5 man trash packs and larger aoe boss phases instead of relying so much on FotE being up. The buff to raptor strike is worthless tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    Eh, I feel surv single target is already pretty ok. Not saying it couldnt use some love tho. Im hoping the carve buff helps even out aoe in 5 man trash packs and larger aoe boss phases instead of relying so much on FotE being up. The buff to raptor strike is worthless tho.
    It's "pretty OK" compared to other hunter specs but those are pretty lackluster when it comes to pure single target to begin with. They're only competing (MM for raids, MM/BM for Mythic+) because they are insanely good at non single target (spread cleave for MM, stacked AoE for BM). SV has to compete with other melees such as Ret, Enhancement, Feral, Assa, etc. each having similar cleave but way stronger single target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    I just can't stand the whining on these forums. For all the classes I play, it's pretty over the top how whiney people get. I understand the initial havoc nerfs, but even with the other nerfs, the class is still amazing to play. I play Havoc, WW, MM/BM and feel all 3 are in pretty sick shape.
    Feelings are proof positive of class balance and effectiveness!

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    So a 5.2% damage nerf to one ability (your top damaging ability mind you) should come out to like 2.5% overall damage nerf. I'm sure the class will be fine.

(also, keep in mind they frequently balance based on upcoming gear/events/etc to prevent classes from getting too out of line with scaling)

edit: on our 871 ilvl hunter this equates to a 7k dps nerf.
    I'm not sure how you're coming up with the statement that the class will be fine, if were around middle of the pack and get nerfs that push us lower...? Did you fail basic math classes because that's going to push us towards the bottom.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not even a buff to BM. Blizzard has no love for hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogahn View Post
    and here comes unhappy blizzard...

nerfing hunters while others are not even getting touched I guess blizzard simply does not want us the have the slightest chance to be in the top.

more nerfs to come I'm 100% sure
    They nerfed affliction warlock while they are already at the bottom of al charts and logs. So your statement is not true.

Probably, the purpose of MM changes is to make Sidewinders/Patient Sniper less mandatory. It's a very small nerf to it, while standard Vulnerability is being buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkydingus View Post
    I'm not sure how you're coming up with the statement that the class will be fine, if were around middle of the pack and get nerfs that push us lower...? Did you fail basic math classes because that's going to push us towards the bottom.
    MM and middle of the pack? you know that overall they are top3 and if you end up being middle of the pack it doesnt mean that the spec/class is middle of the pack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by texhex View Post
    MM and middle of the pack? you know that overall they are top3 and if you end up being middle of the pack it doesnt mean that the spec/class is middle of the pack.

I swear, these whiny kids are so clueless it hurts.

I'm sure 99% of these guys don't even reach heroic mode, they just look everyday their precious logs and determine if their class is garbage or not based on that. Even Ion couldn't contain his laugh about these kind of people

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GT4 View Post
    The problem is that those "buffs" are completely insignificant because those abilities barely make up for any of SV damage.
    Nah, I think they are pretty good. It's not like SV is lacking in ST and the buff to Raptor Strike makes the T1 talent-row more entertaining.

Carve is pretty much Butchery now, and Butchery itself got stronger. I'm not sure if the FotE buff is just a tooltip fix but even without it, it's cool. The Carve change makes it so that I can pick Dragonfire and still have decent cleave.

The Artifact trait that buffs Carve and Butchery got 2-3 times stronger too
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-10-19 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Nah, I think they are pretty good. It's not like SV is lacking in ST and the buff to Raptor Strike makes the T1 talent-row more entertaining.

Carve is pretty much Butchery now, and Butchery itself got stronger. I'm not sure if the FotE buff is just a tooltip fix but even without it, it's cool. The Carve change makes it so that I can pick Dragonfire and still have decent cleave.

What was the change to FotE? Dont remember seeing that.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post

This.

Also, the buffs to both Raptor Strike and Carve also make Serpent Sting more interesting. The Raptor Strike buff also makes the small heal from the Artifact trait more interesting (thought still weak).

Now I wish they'd reduce Raptor Strike Focus cost to 15, and then made Throwing Axes talent replace Raptor Strike. It would make the rotation with Throwing Axes simpler, while also improving standard rotation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    What was the change to FotE? Dont remember seeing that.
    Old tooltip said 625% (125%*5), new one says 1125%(125%*9) or something like that.
    But I believe it's doing the same damage (and the same amount of ticks), so it's most likely just a tooltip change.

I have to admnit that I don't play SV very often, my SV gear is itemlevel ~856 because mastery is freaking useless (i815 rings/necks with Vers./Crit etc.), but as long as the targets die in one AoE rotation (FotE, ninja spikes, trap, 3x Butchery) I'm getting more damage on trash than on MM. Consider the fact that in 7.1 I can Carve as much as my focus allows and that Carve will do nearly as much as Butchery does right now. That means I can now cleave properly for nearly the same DPS but also during longer fights *and* pick Dragonfire too, which is basically additional AoE and ST-DPS.

These changes will benefit SV a lot, it will most likely not be enough to outshine MM - but it's going to be cool in M+ and stuff.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-10-19 at 01:57 PM.

Seems like an indirect nerf to Patient Sniper. If this is their way of trying to make ExS or Sentinel more appealing..idk. Seems like they might've taken the "instead of buffing A or B, let's nerf D and make C look worse" road. Lame as fuck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimbot1 View Post
    Seems like an indirect nerf to Patient Sniper. If this is their way of trying to make ExS or Sentinel more appealing..idk. Seems like they might've taken the "instead of buffing A or B, let's nerf D and make C look worse" road. Lame as fuck.
    they did buff A (aka vulnerable)

Explosive shot is A. Sentinel is B. Vulnerable is baseline.

Deleted
    ah well pyroblast also got nerfed

looks like its age of melees now! seems like enchancers are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimbot1 View Post
    too bad those talents are just shit and nobody wants to use them.

If that Vulnerable change is true (I haven't seen it anywhere but in this thread yet), I'm not sure if that would make up for the AS nerf. It's still in PTR so I'll wait for ppl smarter than me to figure it out.