Poll: Did Tirion deserve a better conclusion to his story?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    He died after surviving days of torture in captivity.
    Noone really deserves that, but on the other side:

He managed to warn us about it all being a trap prior to being dunked in magma and carried off for tuorture; he gave it his all to save us,...
    it's our fault we didn't listen to him and his heroism was overshadowed by that of Varian actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Snip
    Yeah, he fell off a blimp, pulled more trash than he could handle and shortly after died to a warlock pet.

About 9/10 funny things I've seen happen out in the world have involved a human paladin.

Deleted
    Why was he there on his own like that in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    Sure he had a lore role, but still it wasn't nearly as large. I don't think we need a cinematic for every large role character. As far as his role, it wasn't too large after the lich king. He appeared here and there but he was never the focus after that. I think Rhonin should have been mentioned more after the bombing but it didn't make it apparent much past Jaina's temper tantrum.
    Rhonin got a death scene written in a novel, which paid more homage to him then just a generic death scene ingame.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    Why was he there on his own like that in the first place.
    Who? Tirion?

For Broken shore scenario:
    He wasn't... the argent-crusade was there.

For his actual death:
    Well... most of the argent crusade who came with him was by that time either dead, got saved by us during the broken shore event and got away... or you know... just rode in to save him.

Quote Originally Posted by Juffowup View Post
    Varian isnt dead. Just Fel corrupted. Notice you never actually see him die.
    Then wait, how is that? I mean, I remember going back to the ToS for fun, only to pick up something called "Kings fallen ashes", like...ya kidding?! (Btw, I'm joking around. But no, seriously, he's dead).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Who? Tirion?

For Broken shore scenario:
    He wasn't... the argent-crusade was there.

For his actual death:
    Well... most of the argent crusade who came with him was by that time either dead, got saved by us during the broken shore event and got away... or you know... just rode in to save him.
    Doesn't tirion actually die while getting your ashbringer? I mean, he doesn't actually die at the broken shore, he get tortured ALOT though. He only really dies when you beat up his jailer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alabaster jones View Post
    Um... he died to a combination of fall damage, and auto attacks from a warlock pet, I had to double check that Varian wasn't a paladin after he died, because that was classic human paladin behaviour.
    Uhhh, i'm not sure if you realize this..but...varian is the king of his people, and he had no other choice but to save them from certain death. -_____-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    He did a free dive off a flying ship, plunged his sword into the head of a fel reaver, then attempted to solo his way (no heals!) through some epic trash to a serious raid boss. When told his sacrifice was for nothing (the ship got away), he replied "For the Alliance".

I still get chills.
    That's what you call a true raid leader right there. Not only is he an ilvl 754 tank (Saying this cause...we were lvl 100 still), but he also lead his people both through the shore, and out of it . True hero right there.

I think it was intentional that his death(yes I know he survived, but for all intents and purposes it was his death scene) was very quick, brutal and cruel. It set the tone alongside Varian's sacrifice for how brutal and terrifying a Legion invasion is. Two of the greatest heroes of Azeroth were cut down effortlessly by the first wave of invaders and even the combined forces of the rest of Azeroth's leaders present weren't enough to stop them.

For that reason I'm okay with the way Tirion died. Not everyone can have a heroic death moment. People complained about this with Vol'jin as well, but neither of them had the chance to make a heroic last stand and we didn't actually see how Tirion was captured. He likely slaughtered an entire legion of demons with Ashbringer before he was captured, but we weren't able to witness it.

Quote Originally Posted by Juffowup View Post
    Varian isnt dead. Just Fel corrupted. Notice you never actually see him die.
    I don't think it's possible to corrupt varian. He got exploded anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyxi View Post
    That would be the ghost of Terenas because he's also super dead.
    I LOLed hard.. some heads have turned in the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    He died after surviving days of torture in captivity.
    Noone really deserves that, but on the other side:

He managed to warn us about it all being a trap prior to being dunked in magma and carried off for tuorture; he gave it his all to save us,...
    it's our fault we didn't listen to him and his heroism was overshadowed by that of Varian actually.
    Yah, now that you mention it, we were bombarded by millions of demon lords, the horde got fucked by archimonde sized demons, unending waves of demons, as well as getting beamed by 3 star destroyer like ships. Yah...honestly, even if the horde was still there, i'm not sure what we would've done to the legion either way...

Quote Originally Posted by pitar99a View Post
    The man who is glorified as one of the most significant characters in WoW died like a background lackey for an antagonist in a shounen Anime.

Do you believe Tirion deserved a more epic conclusion?
    But here's the thing though, unless you were a Paladin, Tirion wasn't all that great. Yes, he was the Highlord of the Paladin order and wielder of the Ashbringer, but other than his time in Wrath and his Crusade against Arthas there isn't much going on with his storyline. You could argue the same of Varian for a majority of it, but at least there were more references to him across the expansions and he was the Leader of the Alliance and King of Stormwind. Tirion's death was necessary in Order to ascend the Paladin character to where they needed to be.
    For Monks the same type of situation occurred, the Grandmaster was killed so you (the player character) could take up that mantle and lead the Monk order.
    To me, I think Tirion's death was good for his character. Unless you're a Paladin, you just see him dipped in Fel in the Legion launch scenario, the Paladin's actually see how he meets his end. That's just how I feel about Tirion anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    My wrath is rusty. Did he have much in-game or even lore presence beyond "that guy what got the ashbringer and who there killed arthas" because I'm kinda drawing a blank. Hell the fact that his still wearing the same shitty T10, helmet and all he had in icc is kind of telling
    Hey, he liked that transmog.

Deleted
    Death is usually not valorous. It usually comes too late, or too early, and extremely few are allowed any form of blaze of glory as they exit life.

Varian died screaming as he was blown up from the inside-out by Gul'dan, Vol'jin died slowly after having been surprised by a Legion spear, Fordring died even slower after having been incinerated by Krosus and then tortured by the inquisitors at the orders of Balnazzar

Did Fordring deserve to go in another way? Of course he did, he was one of Azeroth's greatest heroes, the paladin who canonically avenged the silver hand by defeating Arthas. However.. the Legion is certainly not interested in letting people go out like heroes.

Deleted
    No, he should have gone instead at the End of Wotlk, with the Kill of the Lichking. The Writers destroyed his Character in Cata.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    a death is a death, there is no glory in it.
    Giving your life to save a loved one or a fellow Soldier is a glorious death. Hence why they receive the Medal of Honor

Quote Originally Posted by CParker1987 View Post
    Giving your life to save a loved one or a fellow Soldier is a glorious death. Hence why they receive the Medal of Honor
    Agreed. For me, Tirion's last words to us and giving us the Ashbringer was more of a torch passing that I feel was pretty glorious. Almost as if to say, "I leave it in your hands, Highlord." as that "oh man the feels" washes over you. Which IMO, was a glorious death for his character.

Sometimes the way you die isn't epic, but the way in which you are honored is.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Rhonin got a death scene written in a novel, which paid more homage to him then just a generic death scene ingame.
    Not as many people read the novel. Plenty of deaths in the game get re-written in a novel from the game. It's not significant or special. Especially because in the novel, a side character that didn't even exist in game had more significance of a death in the novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    Not as many people read the novel. Plenty of deaths in the game get re-written in a novel from the game. It's not significant or special. Especially because in the novel, a side character that didn't even exist in game had more significance of a death in the novel.
    Personally I think novel homeage is worse, because I don't know what % of players read the novels, but I don't. I basically come here for my background, to my knowledge he just died via the manabomb while protecting Jaina.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah I kind of liked his death tbh. Not all "heros" get an epic death in glorious battle, sometimes they're just outmatched and get fucking stomped which is what happened to Tirion.