Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's a bit of a dick move, but you won't be punished by Blizzard for it.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well, you have read the Terms of Use, right?
    does anyone?

Deleted
    Yeah just because Blizzard doesn't give a shit, or doesn't want to cause a fuss over something as insignificant as fake achievements, doesn't mean it doesn't break the ToU. There's a distinction there. If, however, fake achievements became a loud enough problem, they'd slap everyone with the ToU and start giving out bans.

I mean, people have been letting their brothers, sisters and friends play on their WoW accounts since day 1 of WoW. That's clearly against the Battle.net EULA, but Blizzard doesn't care. So they do nothing. Having a WoW account made in your name when you're under 18 is also against the Battle.net EULA, but still Blizzard doesn't care. And they do nothing.

So yeah... Just because Blizzard does nothing, or even if one of their website hamsters says something in the glorious "blue color" as if to be official, doesn't mean one or both of those two agreements isn't breached.

If it's an in-game addon it's fine. Addons can only work with what functionality Blizzard exposed via the addon API.
    You may now kiss the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by hallilad View Post
    That's just not true and I don't know why you would use such a strong word as hate. I know the fights just as well as anyone else. I have watched every video there is to understand the mechanics of HC fights and I know them well. What's wrong with that?

edit:

especially I am a TANK ----- surely I am doing something right If I have killed all on HC except Xavius and never been kicked or complained about?
    While I don't agree with him entirely, there is definitely a difference between knowing the tactics in theory and successfully executing them.

Deleted
    You're safe.
    Blizzard's stance is that whatever you can do through LUA scripting (ie. addons) will never be a bannable offense. Anything you download from Curse is safe.
    It's only bannable if it's not done through LUA but third party applications (.exe files) that modify WoW's memory data or files.

If Blizzard wants you to stop using an addon, instead of banning people they will simply remove that functionality from the addon API. They've done it before several times (they broke functions that let you autopilot your character, they broke oQueue messaging and recently some raid helper addon functionality).

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I wonder if everyone with an attitude like yours actually started teaching people fights rather than kicking/not inviting them right away, the skill level of the community as a whole might actually move up.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I dont mind bringing in people who are honest and upfront about not being sure about the encounter. But inviting someone who, usually is cocky , who you assume know what the fuck he is doing , and he end up fucking over the entire raid, is not something I find acceptable. I never said I was kicking people left and right nor not inviting them. But its a scummy thing to do, using fake achievements and claiming u are something you are not (at that point at least).

Usually people are not accepting tips and suggestions as apparently the average player is a god at the game.

It's like people afking in dungeons every 2nd pack and when you bring it up their defense could be that "they dont have gear so it doesn't really matter". I personally dont care if your gear is shit, your class is terrible, you don't know what to do as long as you are willing to learn and improve and not talk back when people point out things that are obviously done wrong from said players side.

Inb4 Im an elitist asshole.
    Last edited by nowish; 2016-10-19 at 01:49 PM.
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

That's just not true and I don't know why you would use such a strong word as hate. I know the fights just as well as anyone else. I have watched every video there is to understand the mechanics of HC fights and I know them well. What's wrong with that?

edit:

especially I am a TANK ----- surely I am doing something right If I have killed all on HC except Xavius and never been kicked or complained about?
    Why do you need to feel the need to lie about it then? Go do Xavius and earn your achievement and the issue is resolved. Why do you not want to do xavius if you are good enough to lie about the achievment? I don't understand the mentality.
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

I'd rather take a 7/7 normal tank who tells me about his skill level etc than a 6/7 hc tank that links fake achievements.
    If it's a 'curve' group then I check for achievement in game. Was in a curve pug last week, found 3 people without it and noted their names in my head. Only those 3 died on the first boss...
    Not saying curve makes people better, but there is a higher chance they know tactics if they have it.

Doubt you'll get banned for it, but if people find out you might get ignored and kicked, possibly gkicked dependinh on what guild you are in.

Deleted
    People here seem to forget that the whole reason there are agreements such as the EULA and the Terms of Use is that they're absolutely, utterly airtight, and whenever the company whose agreements those are wants to use them against their customers, they always, 100% of the time, win.

So, yeah. If Blizzard right now decides using a fake achievement addon is against their Terms of Use, it is against their Terms of Use, and the section I posted earlier gives them free reign to do that.

The only thing here is that they don't want to do that. And they don't have to. There's no law that says they have to enforce those agreements.

7+ Year Old Account
    Been using this addon to get into HC emerald nightmare as a tank and have been very successful. Generate a fake Curve achievement to send to raid leaders who ask for Curve.

Someone in my guild suggested this might not be legal so I was wanting to get to the bottom of it. I gathered everything on Curse was fine?

p.s. yes I am good enough and know the fights and have defeated all HC bosses except Xavius through pugging.

edit:

How do you feel about this morally?
    I think it is against the terms of use. The entire article about "modding the world of warcraft experience" is proberly going against the addon.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Yeah. But it does break the Terms of Use.
    Where?
    It's not a third party application. Its some script that uses the in-game APIs. And not addon ever will get you banned, as Blizzard can easily remove functions they do not want anymore - like we will see for position detection in dungeons and raids getting removed by 7.1

At this point I might clearly state that I'm not comfortable with the kind of lying @OP performs here.

I have already said twice I have killed all except HC Xavius. So now what do you have to say?
    The statement I was citing did not mention that, and although you did say it, my point still stands whether it be to anyone else or to you with future content that you haven't done. You can watch as much as you'd like and it will never be the same as actually doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html

Creating an achievement link for an achievement that you haven't actually earned falls under that very clearly.
    According to your wording then people linking my curve achievement will get them banned.

That line is if you use an addon or 3rd party program to change the game. ie making you faster. flying where you can't etc.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    Where?
    Define "cheat".

Oh, right. You don't get to. Blizzard does. Well, they just decided you "cheated" your way into linking an achievement you don't have. You lose.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    According to your wording then people linking my curve achievement will get them banned.
    No, see, according to my "wording", bans have nothing to do with those agreements. I said that the Terms of Use is breached. Not that you'd get banned from doing so.

Eh it's wait 4 hours for a group vs. fake an achieve i know what i will pick.
    4 hours for a group? What the hell are you smoking?
    I mean if you perform well, usually peopel add you for future runs, does that never happen to you? Wether it's pvp or pve, if people enjoy playign with you and/or if you are performing well they usually want to add you for future runs or w/e? Or am I living in a bubble?

You must be doing somethink wrong if you didnt kill xavius hc yet. Most of pugs oneshot him

That addon is unleagal.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Define "cheat".

Oh, right. You don't get to. Blizzard does. Well, they just decided you "cheated" your way into linking an achievement you don't have. You lose.
    He lied.
    When I link Thunderfury, even if I do not own it, I'm not cheating. I'm just linking the link of another person. There is no abuse or exploit here.

No, see, according to my "wording", bans have nothing to do with those agreements. I said that the Terms of Use is breached. Not that you'd get banned from doing so.
    At least we can agree here.

Deleted
    Addons and macros that automate gameplay are bannable offences.
    You can't automate gameplay with addons or ingame macros, Blizzard made sure of that. Again, you cannot do anything bannable through ingame methods.