Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumai258i View Post
    ^This.

No serious raider would of taken Frost over Unholy in the beginning of Legion. No top 200 to maybe 500 would probably even allow a Frost DK in their ranks back then.
    Well Phenom was Frost....pretty sure he was Frost from the start too...but it's better to hear it from him than me if that was the case....TF is top 100 too iirc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    This is like two bums fighting in a dumpter

regardless of who wins...

your still a bum....

your still in a dumpster
    /applaud....that my friend is hilarious.

Both frost and unholy are getting buffed a little bit in 7.1 I believe. Death coil is getting a damage boost and howling blast for frost. I believe blizz wants to always buff both of them now, considering how many of us have invested majority of our time and ap into one weapon. I wish I did it differently just to see how frost plays now. Anybody know how quick it is to lvl a second artifact with ak10?
    Last edited by 0verdose; 2016-10-19 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    Both frost and unholy are getting buffed a little bit in 7.1 I believe. Death coil is getting a damage boost and howling blast for frost. I believe blizz wants to always buff both of them now, considering how many of us have invested majority of our time and ap into one weapon. I wish I did it differently just to see how frost plays now. Anybody know how quick it is to lvl a second artifact with ak10?
    I've got almost three gold traits on my DH for her Havoc weapon, and two gold traits on the Vengeance one. I slack off tremendously on farming AP and am only AK 9. So I imagine it wouldn't take long at all honestly.

Edit - Clarified gold traits, not just regular ones.

7+ Year Old Account
    Obliterate buff is great and all. But....It still doesn't scale.

It needs to scale off crit or mastery. Something. Anything. You'll just have to buff it again, and again, and again at the current rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    So much salt over a post.

Quote Originally Posted by volcodc View Post
    Get real man. Blizzard said to bring the class and it will be competitive. Screw us frost players for assuming we will be brought in line? Get off your high horse.
    I said I want frost to be brought in line.

Quote Originally Posted by nathrizarri View Post
    That is the most selfish bullshit that I have ever read on this forum. Literally. You and your %2 more dps elitisim can burn in hell.

People are forced to play UH. Do you know what the F*CK that means? A person pays money and invests huge deal of time for the game where he plays a spec not because it is mandotory, but to satisfy couple obsessive compulsive raid/party leader's ideals about how OTHERS should play, not himself.

Get help, seriously go see a professional ask them why the heck you are so obsessed with self approval.
    You said it yourself - people are forced to play Unholy. Why waste the effort they put in already?

If you think those people - who are forced to play Unholy should get fucked over after putting in 6+ weeks of effort then "Get help, seriously go see a professional".

You think I need to see a professional because I expect Blizzard to stick to their promise about not switching the specs around after already establishing which one is best? No, I'm not crazy for expecting a game company to stick to their promise.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by komlit View Post
    Sorry but unholy has been doing fine. I hate it when people see us frost starting to get love then boom comes the "o if frost gets this" or "what about unholy"

I agree they need to balance all but TBH and TBF the meta needs to change. Time for frost to be top dog of dk race.
    Simply put: No. Too many people invested into Unholy. They can't change that. It'll screw us all over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    Yeah, because all that "frost sux, if you cared about ur guild ud switch to unholy" crap coming from unholy DKs all this time wasn't ridiculous.
    It was coming from plenty of frost dks like myself as well. Not my fault nobody wanted to listen to logic and reasoning.

Deleted
    That is the most selfish bullshit that I have ever read on this forum. Literally. You and your %2 more dps elitisim can burn in hell.

People are forced to play UH. Do you know what the F*CK that means? A person pays money and invests huge deal of time for the game where he plays a spec not because it is mandotory, but to satisfy couple obsessive compulsive raid/party leader's ideals about how OTHERS should play, not himself.

Get help, seriously go see a professional ask them why the heck you are so obsessed with self approval.
    Wow, you really seem to have missed this part about never to go full retard...
    You are frenetically barking at the wrong tree here.

If frost was just that 2-5% behind unholy it would be completely viable, even for mythic progression. Hell, let it be 2-5% in front of Unholy, i couldnt care less.
    But such a tight balance will never be the case, not with such many arbitary influenting factors as artifact progression and legendary items. If we have learned anything over the last month, then it was that the developers are utterly clueless when it comes to class balance.

You seem to be one bitter person, and your grudge seems to be the downfall of frost dks. But how about u Sir get real yourself. This is no breaking news, Frost has been shit for ages, it always started a nose-lengh ahead but collapsed at first ilvl steps. Sticking with it and desperatly hoping for it of beeing buffed to a top dog spot is delusional and can not be healthy.
    Last edited by mmoc8b7ecea538; 2016-10-19 at 07:31 AM.

It isn't selfish at all? See there are plenty of Unholy fans who would be pissed to see frost suddenly be on top out of nowhere. That's fine. The REAL issue is with people like me who were begging frost dks to be on top from the start of beta and actively working towards trying to get Blizzard to buff us only to realize it wouldn't happen and just bite the bullet and go unholy. I would be beyond pissed. I sat there for most of the entire beta pushing for changes, trying to get obliterate and killing machine to scale better, trying to get Crystaline Swords and Sindragosa's Fury changed somehow, trying to get the numbers higher... I did all of this work to get a spec I love to be better than shit tier and nothing mattered. Here I am with all this time invested into unholy now with a legendary after spending hours doing theory crafting, sims, and research on my character all of which I did out of necessity and not willingness. If frost was suddenly changed the way I had wanted it to be changed months ago before Legion came out, I would probably burn down Blizzard. We're the ones who would be more pissed.

Deleted
    Its really awesome to see some1 spending that much effort into one spec. Thanks there for @Hctaz . I love the concept of a dw frost dk since wotlk (dw unholy was also quite fun ). Right now i just dont see how i can compete as frost. Speaking mainly about raids and mythic+. As for m+ frost is gr8 aoe-wise.
    I dont want to spend so much time into one spec the devs seem not to care about. Im really struggling if I should stay frost or keep pushing my rogue or even fury. Any options? Thanks for reading

Deleted
    I've been playing WoW since WotLK and mainly a DK (frost main, blood off). I always enjoyed playing frost and dual wielding always had my preference. Only point I changed to UH was during Highmaul (kinda forced to by my guild for progression). I enjoy the theme, backstory and the way the class works in this expansion (especially after our buff from Blizz), but I also recognize the short comings. It still feels clunky at times and certain mechanics need to be changed. So far we cleared HC EN and are working on mythic (first boss down). Overall I'm doing good on damage on multi-target fights, but the single target (nyth and ursoc) damage is lacking. Highest burst I've seen so far was a bit above 500k, but it drops quick after that, even quicker if you need to move away from the boss.

I don't mind if UH is ahead of frost, but being bottom of the pack feels that I'm letting my guild down (even though my parses are good) and they keep telling me I'm doing good, but still... I hope there will be some good buffs for DK's in 7.1, but I will keep playing frost, that I'm sure of ^_^.

At IronSavior; if you enjoy playing the class/spec I say keep playing it, you can always switch to something else if you want to get higher numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    It isn't selfish at all? See there are plenty of Unholy fans who would be pissed to see frost suddenly be on top out of nowhere.
    I don't understand this mentality at all. You played through the whole beta saw how much better other classes were including warriors in both tanking and dps yet you chose to stay as a death knight? Does your raid group desperately need a battle res or maybe they need someone to grip a single mob? Frost and Unholy play so differently now that they might as well be different classes. You've played enough in the last month that you should have seen that after multiple patches and changes Warriors, druids, fire mages, enhance shammys and mm hunters are the most desired classes for dps. If you have spent all this time doing all this research why haven't you switched to a better class? You can apply every single complaint you made to frost getting buffs to any other class getting buffed or the fact that unholy has never been better at anything then any of the core top dps classes this expansion.

I'd like say thanks for trying to provide the best feedback to bliz during the beta to make sure frost was a workable spec (which you wanted to play), but now you just sound jaded and bitter. I get that if i played through the beta and saw all the changes dks got I think i'd be jaded as well.

I've retyped this a lot but its just pointless ranting really just like fighting with each other to see who would be the best of the worst melee dps. I could say that frost or any of the bad dps specs are entitled to a seat at the table due to legion design decisions but what I think and the reality of the situation is pretty different.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    To be fair, "omg you don't have legendary bracers, benched" is a very real situation for a lot of people right now as Unholy.
    Yeah I almost shat my pants when I got them the second week of Legion. Buffed my dps by a ton.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vengal View Post
    I don't understand this mentality at all. You played through the whole beta saw how much better other classes were including warriors in both tanking and dps yet you chose to stay as a death knight? Does your raid group desperately need a battle res or maybe they need someone to grip a single mob? Frost and Unholy play so differently now that they might as well be different classes. You've played enough in the last month that you should have seen that after multiple patches and changes Warriors, druids, fire mages, enhance shammys and mm hunters are the most desired classes for dps. If you have spent all this time doing all this research why haven't you switched to a better class? You can apply every single complaint you made to frost getting buffs to any other class getting buffed or the fact that unholy has never been better at anything then any of the core top dps classes this expansion.

I'd like say thanks for trying to provide the best feedback to bliz during the beta to make sure frost was a workable spec (which you wanted to play), but now you just sound jaded and bitter. I get that if i played through the beta and saw all the changes dks got I think i'd be jaded as well.

I've retyped this a lot but its just pointless ranting really just like fighting with each other to see who would be the best of the worst melee dps. I could say that frost or any of the bad dps specs are entitled to a seat at the table due to legion design decisions but what I think and the reality of the situation is pretty different.
    idd, if I were a frost DK and I was forced to play unholy. I would reroll not gonna play something I might not like just to be in to lower middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Yeah I almost shat my pants when I got them the second week of Legion. Buffed my dps by a ton.
    I just got them last week, so I can finally enjoy the life in the "LOL doesn't matter, 99th percentile" fast lane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khlavkalash View Post
    Wow, you really seem to have missed this part about never to go full retard...
    You are frenetically barking at the wrong tree here.

If frost was just that 2-5% behind unholy it would be completely viable, even for mythic progression. Hell, let it be 2-5% in front of Unholy, i couldnt care less.
    But such a tight balance will never be the case, not with such many arbitary influenting factors as artifact progression and legendary items. If we have learned anything over the last month, then it was that the developers are utterly clueless when it comes to class balance.

You seem to be one bitter person, and your grudge seems to be the downfall of frost dks. But how about u Sir get real yourself. This is no breaking news, Frost has been shit for ages, it always started a nose-lengh ahead but collapsed at first ilvl steps. Sticking with it and desperatly hoping for it of beeing buffed to a top dog spot is delusional and can not be healthy.
    I don't give a single damn about wheter frost is being top or worst. I play it just because I like it and no dps number gonna change me playing it, so lets not bark to me with numbers will ya?

@Saybel no the reason I was suggesting to you to see a professional was that you couldn't even deal with UH being behind on frost in anycase. There are logs and performences and there are community perspectives. At the launch I was wrecking havoc over the UH dks that I have encountered while their higher ilvl and legendary advantages but still being denied from pugs because I play frost. The issue is never the %, I dont give crap about numbers. When crushing majority of players play Unholy it will automatically create a tabboo for Frost to overcome.

Where was your fairness when Frost players were bullied because they pick Frost over Unholy?

Now suddenly tables turn and you cry for UH?

Justice tastes bitter when it strikes against you doesn't it?

People here are still defending Fscythe and IT/RA combo meanwhile Gathering Storm sits there. Such an underrated talent that does so much. But hey, sims are the best right? Lets go follow them blindly.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Well Phenom was Frost....pretty sure he was Frost from the start too...but it's better to hear it from him than me if that was the case....TF is top 100 too iirc.

- - - Updated - - -

/applaud....that my friend is hilarious.
    I have indeed been Frost since the beginning. I think we're US 40 or something now, we'll finish higher on tiers that are actually hard, This tier was too easy and any guild who raided more hours at the start was able to finish sooner.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't give a single damn about wheter frost is being top or worst. I play it just because I like it and no dps number gonna change me playing it, so lets not bark to me with numbers will ya?

@Saybel no the reason I was suggesting to you to see a professional was that you couldn't even deal with UH being behind on frost in anycase. There are logs and performences and there are community perspectives. At the launch I was wrecking havoc over the UH dks that I have encountered while their higher ilvl and legendary advantages but still being denied from pugs because I play frost. The issue is never the %, I dont give crap about numbers. When crushing majority of players play Unholy it will automatically create a tabboo for Frost to overcome.

Where was your fairness when Frost players were bullied because they pick Frost over Unholy?

Now suddenly tables turn and you cry for UH?

Justice tastes bitter when it strikes against you doesn't it?

People here are still defending Fscythe and IT/RA combo meanwhile Gathering Storm sits there. Such an underrated talent that does so much. But hey, sims are the best right? Lets go follow them blindly.
    Sick essay

I play Death Knight, not Unholy. Hold your fuckin horses for a moment, and get back at me when you understand what that means.

Sick parse btw, can see you absolutely wrecking all the UH DKs.
    Last edited by Saybel; 2016-10-19 at 03:35 PM.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    I just got them last week, so I can finally enjoy the life in the "LOL doesn't matter, 99th percentile" fast lane.
    Urgh, I've got even a 2nd legendary now but of course I got the belt (already had the "good" ring). Well, I guess it's better than one of the 4 shit ones. Either way, it makes me even more reluctant to properly try frost outside of WQ-grinding, though it's probably still more sensible (should Frost really pull ahead) compared to a scenario where I'd have the bracers..

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Urgh, I've got even a 2nd legendary now but of course I got the belt (already had the "good" ring). Well, I guess it's better than one of the 4 shit ones. Either way, it makes me even more reluctant to properly try frost outside of WQ-grinding, though it's probably still more sensible (should Frost really pull ahead) compared to a scenario where I'd have the bracers..
    I have the bracers and Shoulders, though i have always kept a Frost set (thats actually 10ilvls higher than my unholy go figure) and roughly 90-100K AP in the bank for Frost as a "break glass in case" scenario, with good luck protection being account wide apparently for legendaries no 2-5% difference of frost being better than Unholy is going to make me switch back at this point.

IF/WHEN i get the legendary Belt for Unholy ill change my loot spec over to Frost for the rest of the expac as there is no other legendaries worth not doing so (mini-lust ring is class wide) if this luck continues of 1 legendary every 5 weeks i should be completely able to swap to any spec by NH release.

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    There is no "race" within the class and there are 10-30x more Unholy DKs depending on boss in Mythic progress then there are Frost, all of which would have heavily invested AP into Unholy. Having Unholy be literally the bottom spec in the game to satisfy your desire to see a spec that you don't like be worse than the one you like is ridiculous.

Come on, be reasonable for a second.
    I won't go as far as to say unholy is performing well or that it doesn't have issues, but it's been the better spec since wrath (unless you're counting those 2 days early in WoD). How's that reasonable? It *is* reasonable for frost to do more base damage than unholy, specially if you factor in raid utility, ability to apply damage (with pets and whatnot), mobility etc, all of which are slightly better as unholy. Not talking about a huge difference, something like 5~7% ahead would be absolutely justifiable.