Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I went from 802 to 840 in like an hour did one mythic got fed all the gear and then I had high enough level to turn all my world quest gear into epics.

It really doesn't take much.
    So 1 Mythic dungeon got you at about 830-835 item level which resulted in over 10 items from WQ with a minimum random ilvl upgrade of 840?

Yeah.

No.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    FINALLY got my 828 Mage...
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    (just dinged a day ago)
    I know the desire for instant gratification is getting out of hand, but if 1 day is a hard slog for you then you have some shocks in store!

15+ Year Old Account
    WQs get you above 840 in no time, no worries.

I bet the group leader missclicked on you application :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    I bet the group leader missclicked on you application :P
    Haha, likely, but I'll take it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boilgeog View Post
    I know the desire for instant gratification is getting out of hand, but if 1 day is a hard slog for you then you have some shocks in store!
    You're probably right! I've only been playing for over 10 years, so I probably got a lot of shocks ahead of me!

I went from 802 to 840 in like an hour did one mythic got fed all the gear and then I had high enough level to turn all my world quest gear into epics.

All your world quest gear to epics? That's odd since I'm 875 and still get more blue rewards from WQ than epics.

When me and my friends look for random players. We always go for the lower geared ones. They need the run more than a 850+ player. We got the dps covered anyways

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    Make your own group. Problem solved.
    This. If you have problems finding a group make your own, like yourself there are plenty of 815+ or 825+ players who would love to get into a dungeon, so make a group with these people and you'll get together a group within a few minutes. I honestly don't see the fuzz about not getting invited due to ilvl. I make keystone groups all the time, and when we only need a dps, i have the privilege of being picky with the last dps because we always get plenty of applicants, to get an invite to a random grp as a solo dps you need to outgear all the other applicants most of the time, because the group leader has no other reason for inviting you.

And yes ilvl =/= dps, but there is a connection between the two more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    All your world quest gear to epics? That's odd since I'm 875 and still get more blue rewards from WQ than epics.
    Have you ever had a day where there was 0 blues? Like most days? I hit the threshold for my world quests rewards to be 835.

Use your brain.
    Hi Sephurik

Thatd be super interesting if it was related to what he said no to in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    So 1 Mythic dungeon got you at about 830-835 item level which resulted in over 10 items from WQ with a minimum random ilvl upgrade of 840?

Yeah.

No.
    well i have the same kinda story.. we had our dh switch to his pally healer very low ilvl 820ish.. we grabbed 2xdk,war,2xpally and ran 2 myth really fast... fed him all gear we got him to 840 then took him on a full en clear (normal/heroic) less then 4hrs ez he was 855+

Quote Originally Posted by snusrage View Post
    sad thing here is my warrior has a 842 ilvl and has not stepped foot into a mythic yet
    My alt is 852 with no mythics (or normal raids, just world bosses, WQs, LFR and a legendary).

Making your own group doesn't solve the problem, it puts a bandaid on the problem, then you proceed to plug your ears and go "LA LA LA LA LA LA".

Base mythics need to be in LFD, I'm not just thinking about now or about convenience or whatever. It's going to be absolute hell getting into a group as a newly dinged 110 in like a year or so, because they'll be seen as so worthless to even bother doing. It's basically pre-planned content obsolescence that doesn't need to exist. They're not hard enough to not be in LFD. Certainly aren't rewarding enough to be on a weekly lockout either. About the only way to fix that is to either add them to LFD, or go in and adjust their loot drops to be higher. (The latter of which would just be weird.)

If it were me, here's what I'd do:

With each major content patch, I'd put the last content's mythics in LFD and require Proving Grounds silver to queue. Then I'd put the last content patch's raids' normal mode also in LFR, and require gold for it.

So, in theory, 7.2 could add new mythics that you couldn't queue for and a new raid that you could only queue for the LFR level of difficulty. But in a theoretical 7.3, that would open up in the next patch in the way that said. IMHO, that's a good way to keep content alive a lot longer.

Waited ages to get a into a mythic group - didn't make own group. Meme quality level of logic.

Maybe your problem is you're just not realising you don't need any special ability to create a dungeon group?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    My alt is 852 with no mythics (or normal raids, just world bosses, WQs, LFR and a legendary).
    My main is 855 with no actual drops having came from mythics (by the time I did them, any reward I got wasn't good enough to keep), no legendaries, I don't even think any of my gear is even from LFR. Interestingly enough, most of my 850-855 pieces came from heroics/WQ's, and I think an 860 and 865 came from world bosses.

Let me tell you, it's super disheartening to get geared to the point of doing something, and it's rewards basically seem worthless. I was overgeared for mythics before I tried doing them, and I was overgeared for EN Normal before it launched, and I'm like.. an uber casual. (Well, in so far as content I consume). That's a problem that'll hopefully fix itself, though, with the release of new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Grats on being a mage.
    ROFL, well said

It's like people don't understand that a heavy crit piece 10 ilvls lower is worth more to a fire mage than a piece 10 ilvls higher with no crit on it......

Have you ever had a day where there was 0 blues? Like most days? I hit the threshold for my world quests rewards to be 835.

Use your brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post

Yeah.

No.

No I get blue rewards more frequently. Never had a single day with 0 blues sorry. You're the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    It's like people don't understand that a heavy crit piece 10 ilvls lower is worth more to a fire mage than a piece 10 ilvls higher with no crit on it......
    And its like ppl dont understand that its the ilvl in your bag/bank thats shown when you apply for group not equipped one.

Use your brain.
    I'm 865ish and have never had a single day without crap blue item wqs.