Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Why should that stop you? You're already hallucinating about WoW. Might as well go the Full Monty.
    You, my friend, have a clear opinion problem. You obivously think yours is the only correct, and that you don't need to defend it becaus it's yours, and you can't be wrong. I guess mommy told you that, right after you got your participation medal from primary school sports, where nobody did count points?

Quote Originally Posted by Frenetix View Post
    Title says it all. Is it worth coming back? I quit sometime during WoD because I wasn't really making friends in game and I got lonely / bored online without people to hang out and group with. Not really sure what the state of the game is currently with Legion but I don't want to come back only to quit again for the same reason I quit in WoD.

In short, is the game more social / fun / community oriented since the release of Legion?

Thanks!
    The game is not more social
    The game is a lot more fun
    The game is as community oriented as it was on wod. Perhaps *slightly* better in legion.

At least that's my experience.

EDIT: IF you happen to win the lottery, aka get a useful legendary, fun will be 10 times more :P

Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    You, my friend, have a clear opinion problem.
    Nope, you're just in blatant denial.

Hint: The vast majority of people who've played WoW no longer play WoW and no longer consider it a viable game for them. That's a very simple, straight-forward fact.

So no. Most people do not consider it worth coming back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would decide for myself fella. It is always going to be a subjective opinion. My opinion, for what it is worth, is that Legion is far, far better than WoD already before any patches hit.

In short, is the game more social / fun / community oriented since the release of Legion? Thanks!
    More social? Definitely not.
    Fun? Depends on your own definition of fun.
    Community oriented? Definitely not.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    The social aspect is more of an issue with the community than anything else. The game is amazing, but people still suck.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Please tell me you are joking...
    One of them (Warhammer) got closed in 2013,
    One of them is on deathbed (Wildstar) and
    the last one of them (SWTOR) has about the same kind of community WoW has; even thou smaller by a big margain.

I'd still value the kind of community we have going over no community at all.
    Sorry Boss Zmago, I was just kidding hahah <3 Agreed fully on a community vs no community

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    The social aspect is more of an issue with the community than anything else. The game is amazing, but people still suck.
    Have to agree there - and everyone can be blamed a little bit too. I overlook peoples mistakes 75% of the time, but that other 25%.. we could go into it, but I would say: I'm not a nice person ^_-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Legion is a good expansion but the social aspect is awful people aerial just damned right horrible to each other and see other players as tools to be used in their game.
    Blizz brought everyone back into the game, together.. but that doesn't mean that people that have played for COUNTLESS years - will be ready to have a great day working together, collecting boars ass's that they've been collecting since the first quest of the game (hashtag RENAMED quest)

Is it harder or easier to join a guild / find people to play with in Legion compared to previous expansion?

Deleted
    Hi OP,

I had the same question over a month ago (in fact, I created a similar thread here), so I can tell you how it looks like from a "long-time-no-play"er's perspective.

Like you - I had a short episode with WoD. But was not the hardcore 24/7 player, nor a guild officer, nor the raid leader I used to be in Cata (family, baby son, priorities shift etc.) so I got bored quite fast. There wasn't much to do in WoD for a casual: garrison became repetitive, daily questing was non-existent, finding a spot in PUGs and being judged solely by the lack of curve achievement made me mad.

But I really wanted to check out the new content, got hyped, and bought the exp-pack eventually..

I gotta say it kept me entertained for over a month.
    - The questline is very immersive and the leveling experience felt pretty damn nice in comparison to MoP and WoD. It seemed more.. vanill'ish (?) .. hard to explain why...
    - Class halls - doesn't seem like a chore'y garrison anymore, just as an addition. In fact I'd say it's totally optional (besides the class questline/artifact weapons side)
    - Traveling seems faster (you get a seperate Dalaran hearthstone with short CD)
    - World Quests - there's A LOT to do! They kept me entertained till ~840 ilvl. After that I started to pick only the quests I was still interested in (higher ilvl gear, artifact power, nightfallen rep)
    - Dungeons - pretty straightforward
    - Raiding/Mythic Dungeons - for a former-raider-now-casual... well.. it's a let down There's LFR which suxx, ends pretty fast and doesn't feel like an achievement. You can also find a PUG, but people won't care if you tell 'em "I just started playing last week" if you're not high ilvl or you don't have a 7/7 achievement, you can forget about this part of the game
    - PvP - idk, haven't done that a lot besides weekly arena loot piniata

As for the social aspect of the game, you could get disappointed. People don't even respond "hello" in random dungeons but are pretty damn fast to bash you hen you fail even a bit.

Saying that, I've extended my sub to another month by buying a token for gold, coz I'm pretty sure I'd regret spending money on a game that's gonna get me bored sooner or later if I don't find a late-night/casual raiding guild.

Hope it helped and you can refer to my 2 cents
    Cheers

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    You, my friend, have a clear opinion problem. You obivously think yours is the only correct, and that you don't need to defend it becaus it's yours, and you can't be wrong. I guess mommy told you that, right after you got your participation medal from primary school sports, where nobody did count points?
    arguing with people like him is pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

OT: well, the game is definitely damn fun, you should give it a try.

Formerly known as Arafal

Title says it all. Is it worth coming back? I quit sometime during WoD because I wasn't really making friends in game and I got lonely / bored online without people to hang out and group with. Not really sure what the state of the game is currently with Legion but I don't want to come back only to quit again for the same reason I quit in WoD.

In short, is the game more social / fun / community oriented since the release of Legion?

Thanks!
    Not really. community is worse then ever. Its better then wod but still has alot of issues. It got boring real fast because of all the heavy gating, rng and how alt unfirendly it is
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, social environment has been much improved in both LFD and LFR. Being able to share loot that you don't need(though it is annoying when you don't need an item but can't share it because it is higher ilvl than yours) is really quite helpful, I've given at least half a dozen items away to people and received over a dozen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmirino View Post
    I feel that it's overrated

Too many things to do that aren't worth the payoff

It feels like a chore logging in and playing at the moment
    exactly, you do 80% of your char progression (leveling,gear,quests,raid) in the first 2 weeks, and then the 20% of char progression that you still need to do will be done over the next 6 months.

If you do comeback just pick herbing and alchemy. The only 2 professions worth a damn now

I'm probably not coming back. The game needs to be more balanced so you can play with or without groups... While I like raids and grouping, sometimes you just want to hang out with yourself and WoW is NOT geared for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a solid leap above WoD for stuff to do, and the story is much more entertaining. As for a social experience and the community, that's a big no go. Unless you've got RL friends to play with, or a guild, you'll have a hard time. Community is still toxic towards people with gear any lower than their own. Everyone will assume you are automatically bad if you aren't fully decked in gear already.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

If you like playing a slot machine, sure.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Do you want to have fun in an MMO? If so, then yes/maybe?.. if not, I heard Wildstart, Warhammer, FF, Starwars is a better choice... on mmo-c.com
    I wish Warhammer didn't die. I absolutely loved that game, minus the bugs.

I love it! This game rocks... all the people who say no are the ones who probably just tell on wow all day.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    I love it! This game rocks... all the people who say no are the ones who probably just tell on wow all day.
    Everyone said the same thing about WOD how it was the greatest exp EVAH. 3 months in and it was a shitfest