Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    That's called democracy, you may have came across the idea before.
    Jesus Christ, you people are fucking obtuse.

That was MY point. However, the whiny little cunts bitching and moaning about things after the fucking fact did not actually (properly) partake in the democracy. They either sat by and let it happen or acted like the ignorant douchebags they are way, way, waaay too late in the process.

And now they're acting like entitled twats trying to pass the blame onto anyone and everyone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Semantics. This is how a democracy works. Britain voted to leave and the rest of the world will not go easy.
    We voted to Leave the EU, not the rest of the world.

One of the major points for leaving the EU was so that we could have closer relations with the rest of world, primarily the Commonwealth, of which Canada is part of.

They have my sympathy. A lot of people are going to suffer because of a fair number of isolationists and a fair number of people stupid enough to vote to leave because they wanted to express displeasure and didn't think it would actually go through.

Lot of people, even on the night the results came out, were expressing their regret at voting for what they didn't want as a "message".

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Jesus Christ, you people are fucking obtuse.

That was MY point. However, the whiny little cunts bitching and moaning about things after the fucking fact did not actually (properly) partake in the democracy. They either sat by and let it happen or acted like the ignorant douchebags they are way, way, waaay too late in the process.

And now they're acting like entitled twats trying to pass the blame onto anyone and everyone else.
    Literally all of your posts are ranty and abusive for absolutely no reason. Your post history was quite interesting to look at as well.

Pull that stick out of your ass and actually contribute something to the forums other than pure unnecessary negativity and hate.
    Last edited by Lidenbok; 2016-10-19 at 03:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't really need to be Brenson to see the consequences. Already quite a lot of British companies are looking to moving their headquarters to European countries, because of all the bureaucratic and economical problems Brexit is certain to cause.

Pretty sure that, when the current ultra-conservative hysteria in the world ends in a few years and a more adequate government is established in the UK, they will go back to EU.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    Just to add something I read: Even if not a single person changed their minds between the vote and when we leave, on the day we leave there will be a "stay" majority due to the age demographics of the voters (older voters voting to leave and then dying).

That said I voted remain, but get paid in dollars so I'm reasonably happy short term
    That's the annoying thing, the demographic that won has already reaped the benefits of the EU and will be living the shortest time with the consequences. Meanwhile the younger voters are stuck with a decision they were mostly against for the majority of their lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    You don't really need to be Brenson to see the consequences. Already quite a lot of British companies are looking to moving their headquarters to European countries, because of all the bureaucratic and economical problems Brexit is certain to cause.

Pretty sure that, when the current ultra-conservative hysteria in the world ends in a few years and a more adequate government is established in the UK, they will go back to EU.
    Mind if I move in while I wait it out? I'll make it worth your while~

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    And your point is... what exactly?
    The UK political system is almost, but not quite, as terrible as the US.

The sad thing is we almost had a chance to vote for a Proportional Representation system (where 36% of the vote would have translated to 36% of the power rather than effectively 100%) but the Tories sabotaged it by introducing the idea of "Alternative Voting System" which is still better than what we have, but much easier to campaign against.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post

You must be reading different polling numbers than i am. Because currently there is no party in the near future who is going to challenge the conservative party.

And define adequate? you mean a government that you like? because that's just your Bias and for other people could mean a whole range of different priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post

The sad thing is we almost had a chance to vote for a Proportional Representation system (where 36% of the vote would have translated to 36% of the power rather than effectively 100%) but the Tories sabotaged it by introducing the idea of "Alternative Voting System" which is still better than what we have, but much easier to campaign against.
    Exactly we have a shit voting system. People do want change to something proportional. We were given a vote on a change to the system but the change was to AV which can be worse. Conservatives deliberately went for AV knowing they out maneuvered the Lib Dems because many of labour would agree to the status quo and that AV would be expensive non change. People rejected it leaving conservatives to say "Look people like fptp." when in reality we rejected the insulting choice and want Proportional representation not half arsed ideas

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the annoying thing, the demographic that won has already reaped the benefits of the EU and will be living the shortest time with the consequences. Meanwhile the younger voters are stuck with a decision they were mostly against for the majority of their lives.
    Unfortunately, it was the younger generation that didn't bother to vote. I have heard horror stories about people thinking that if they didn't vote leave, by not voting it would mean they counted as things wanting to remain the same. I have heard horror stories about people actually thinking by saying 'I vote to stay!' on Twitter, it meant they had voted.

The second example is, I hope, a fiction, but the first one I actually heard straight from the mouth of someone in their early twenties. That level of disconnect is absolutely the fault of the establishment as people were out there without a clue as to what they were actually voting for or the consequences of either voting or not voting one way or another.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

[QUOTE=Tennisace;42863859][url]http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/18/already

"BECAUSE OF BREXIT THE POUND HAS DROPPED IN VALUE. IT WILL BE YEARS BEFORE BREXIT TAKES PLACE" wut? so everything bad is because of brexit, and brexit hasn't even happened yet?

Annnnd you (the collective you, not you personally) could have still done something about it if you had been active from Day One, rather than sitting on your (also collective) arses just bitching and moaning about the state of things until it was too late to do anything about it.

That would be the point. This is how democracy works. Your (again, collective) apathy is your (also collectively) downfall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by waitwutt View Post

"BECAUSE OF BREXIT THE POUND HAS DROPPED IN VALUE. IT WILL BE YEARS BEFORE BREXIT TAKES PLACE" wut? so everything bad is because of brexit, and brexit hasn't even happened yet?
    The pound currently is at the same place it was against the Euro 5 years ago. While i believe the ftse is doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Meafy View Post
    You must be reading different polling numbers than i am. Because currently there is no party in the near future who is going to challenge the conservative party.

And define adequate? you mean a government that you like? because that's just your Bias and for other people could mean a whole range of different priorities.
    is brexit hysteria ulta conserve?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by waitwutt View Post
    is brexit hysteria ulta conserve?
    Define ultra conservative and while your at it define Ultra liberal. because if one end of the spectrum is wrong they are both wrong

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    You got a spare room? I want out
    Last edited by ranzino; 2016-10-19 at 03:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah we didn't get the vote we wanted, best out of three ? five ? seven?

If this was a vote on lets say gay rights or whether we went to war etc and the outcome had been yes by 51% would you still be asking for a re vote?
    It's not about what the outcome of the vote was, it's about the fact that a very signifact portion of the population:

a. Did not vote
    b. Did not realise what the consequences of the vote would be

I'm not in the UK, so the outcome of the vote won't affect me, so it's really not about getting the outcome that I want.
    Last edited by Tzalix; 2016-10-19 at 03:42 PM.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Then again no other Western country is dumb enough to make a referendum binding.
    Gruetzi says Switzerland, they hold a referendum more often than not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Mind if I move in while I wait it out? I'll make it worth your while~
    Hmm... It depends on the size of the bribe.

So it seems right now. It will quickly change when the hysteria ends, as it always does eventually.

By "adequate" I mean government that works based on facts, not on outdated nationalistic dogmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.