Thread: Aimed Shot nerf

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimbot1 View Post
    Seems like an indirect nerf to Patient Sniper. If this is their way of trying to make ExS or Sentinel more appealing..idk. Seems like they might've taken the "instead of buffing A or B, let's nerf D and make C look worse" road. Lame as fuck.
    The problem here is design, not numbers.
    If Blizzard actually played anything but mage they'd see that.

Don't worry, they are "listening"...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    I'm gonna dip before this victim-complex gets any worse.

Good luck

Hahah why do you even post then? Christ people like you crack me up. It's like screaming at someone then blocking them because you're so above it all.

Anyways, this nerf is dumb. It's not a big one or anything, but it doesn't make it any less dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    "OMG The most popular and top performing spec got nerfed while the least common one got buffed Bli$$ard pls!"
    We're talking about MM hunters though not fire mages.

Aimed shot is all of our hunters highest damage ability by a huge margin in our mythic raids. Not saying the nerfs are justified as I hate nerfs but they nerfed my Monks Strike of the Windlord by a hefty chunk and waiting to see which class next, gets hit with the nerfbat. Instead of nerfing, why don't they just buff others? Doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by Extremities; 2016-10-19 at 04:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    Hahah why do you even post then? Christ people like you crack me up. It's like screaming at someone then blocking them because you're so above it all
    But it's nothing like that? Stopped by to post that the nerf was small and at 871ilvl is a 7k dps decrease.
    I left last night because hunters have mastered the persecution complex
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Their first priority should be fixing broken talents like Barrage/Sidewinders which make the class a terrible mess to play (revert to the Cata barrage animation, there you go, half-fixed). Yes, you can work around it, but it's annoying as fuck and shouldn't be a thing in 2016 WoW.
    Last edited by Exhorder; 2016-10-19 at 06:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    But it's nothing like that? Stopped by to post that the nerf was small and at 871ilvl is a 7k dps decrease.
    I left last night because hunters have mastered the persecution complex
    If you say so man. And all classes act like this not just hunters.

Why the fuck is aimed shot getting nerfed?

How about we fix windburst so it scales with mastery before we start nerfing our ONLY focus dump thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blitzbong View Post

How about we fix windburst so it scales with mastery before we start nerfing our ONLY focus dump thanks
    That was fixed weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzbong View Post

lolwat

Where have you been the past, what has it been 4 weeks since it was fixed?

Allthough I do agree. Why the fuck is it getting nerfed? Like is there any real justification in doing so? We're mid tier on Single Target in both dungeons and raids compared to other classes in the same gear. the 10% nerfs to BM in PvP I can understand. But this makes no sense.
    Last edited by sarym13; 2016-10-19 at 07:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelgar View Post
    so VULNERABLE will last 30 seconds and will be 50% increased damage, stacking twice for a total of 100%

patient sniper causes VULNERABLE to last 6 seconds, not stack, and to increase 50% only...

is Patient sniper a thing of the past now? Explosive Shot will be back in the mix?
    are you for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Aelgar View Post
    so VULNERABLE will last 30 seconds and will be 50% increased damage, stacking twice for a total of 100%

patient sniper causes VULNERABLE to last 6 seconds, not stack, and to increase 50% only...

is Patient sniper a thing of the past now? Explosive Shot will be back in the mix?
    Same thing, vulnerable with PS is up pretty much 100% of the time you cast an aimed shot (well, it should if you are doing the rotation correctly), with exceptions being casting aimed shot to dump excess focus. So unless vulnerable without PS sits at 150% it will still be inferior. Maybe if they buffed multishot and arcane shot considerably? Since you have to pretty much spam them, they could do with a significat buff so that sidewinders spec isn't affected by it? Dunno. I just want some on-demand AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogahn View Post
    also why are shadoows not even getting touched?

500k dps on any boss they want? hello?
    U are funny guy

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Not saying this to be mean, but if Aimed Shot isn't your top damage dealer, you are not playing correctly. Aimed Shot is by far the top damage dealing ability for Hunters. Got look at the parses for the top players, hell most players in the 60th percentile or better, and Aimed Shot will be the most damage dealt by a large margin. Are there exceptions, sure, add fights like Ill'gynoth will see Marked Shot or other AoE jump out in front. But if you filter it to just boss damage and Aimed Shot jumps into the lead again.

Padding is far too easy, even on mixed fights like Elerethe. I know people who instead of maximizing damage on the boss, they will bank Sidewinders to have two charges up for the adds during Spider phases. Casting Aimed Shot without Vulnerable up so they can get extra damage on adds. Damage that is in no way required due to how quickly the adds die. But it looks better on the meters.

In most cases, like Fire Mages, the nerfs were justified. And Hunters were already hit with a nerf to Barrage. That nerf wasn't entirely unjustified, but any nerf to Aimed Shot is. Single target damage is where Hunters fall behind, significantly. There is absolutely no reason, no data that exists, to justify nerfing single target damage for Hunters. It's obvious this change is being made due to the changes to Vulnerable, but since all Hunters use and will continue to use Patient Sniper, those changes will never have any impact on the game.
    I don't raid, so for 5 man content where it is collect all the trash, yeah marked shot is #1, followed by sidewinders and barrage.

I am guessing this a raid fix then...it will affect me in soloing as MM, but 5% only...I am pretty sure the artifact progress will balance that.

Quote Originally Posted by GT4 View Post
    It's obvious you have no idea how Blizzard balances. SP, Fire Mage and MM hunter significantly outperform all other specs, especially ranged ones, currently in the game so they simply nerfed their main abilities. For MM they probably felt just nerfing aimed shot was enough since it's not doing quite as well as the other two specs. Maybe they even thought as far as to intentionally keep MM's strength that's cleaving spread out targets since their new design philosophy seems to be "emphasize strengths instead of nullifying weaknesses".

Having said that, it's pretty ignorant of Blizzard in my opinion to buff Arcane and Frost that much while not touching SV and BM at all.
    It's obvious you don't know how to read logs. MM is middle of the pack single target, Aimed Shot is the number one damage dealer single target. Nerfing Aimed Shot does nothing but hurt Hunters in the one role where they do not consistently beat other classes.

Mythic Nyhendra and Ursoc, not even a pure single target fights, no Hunters in the top 100 parses for either fight. And hell, for Ursoc the first Hunter doesn't show up until 391. Even Elerethe, with several consistent groups that spawn during the fight, Hunters are not dominating the top parses. Where they excel are fights like Ill'gynoth, and if Blizzard or any other person who can't read logs has a problem with Hunters doing well on those fights wants to change that, you don't do that by nerfing Aimed Shot.

It's obvious you don't know how to read logs. MM is middle of the pack single target, Aimed Shot is the number one damage dealer single target. Nerfing Aimed Shot does nothing but hurt Hunters in the one role where they do not consistently beat other classes.

Mythic Nyhendra and Ursoc, not even a pure single target fights, no Hunters in the top 100 parses for either fight. And hell, for Ursoc the first Hunter doesn't show up until 391. Even Elerethe, with several consistent groups that spawn during the fight, Hunters are not dominating the top parses. Where they excel are fights like Ill'gynoth, and if Blizzard or any other person who can't read logs has a problem with Hunters doing well on those fights wants to change that, you don't do that by nerfing Aimed Shot.
    No, it's obvious you don't know how to read posts. Everything you've written is known to me (and I've basically written the same just today if you go through my post history). None of that matters though because Blizzard's goal isn't to make every spec perform well everywhere, it's to give every spec a unique niche. Apparently they decided to make spread cleave the niche of MM so they're nerfing aimed shot no matter the consequences for pure single target fights (which don't even currently exist).

No, it's obvious you don't know how to read posts. Everything you've written is known to me (and I've basically written the same just today if you go through my post history). None of that matters though because Blizzard's goal isn't to make every spec perform well everywhere, it's to give every spec a unique niche. Apparently they decided to make spread cleave the niche of MM so they're nerfing aimed shot no matter the consequences for pure single target fights (which don't even currently exist).
    Sorry, have to call complete BS on that. At no time has Blizzard ever stated that, or anything remotely resembling that. Hunters are a pure DPS class, they are supposed to be at the top for damage, and they're not. It does not matter at what level you look at, from the max percentile, the middle or the bottom, Hunters are never the top class. And that'd be fine except for the fact that Shadow Priests, a non Pure DPS class, are at the top.

I like to use the 60th percentile as a baseline. It's where good, but not world first players, will perform at on average. Hunters are in 3rd, behind S Priests and Fire Mages. What about coming in 3rd justifies nerfing their damage at all? And what justifies performing that nerf via the one area they perform worst in, single target damage? Don't worry about answering, those questions are rhetorical. Because neither of those cases justifies any nerf at all. And the fact that single target damage is the one place they fall short means their single target damage needs a buff not a nerf.

The only explanation for this nerf is due to the buff to Vulnerable. But as no actual player will use a talent build that benefits from that buff, it exposes the devs at Blizz for really being as clueless as people accuse them of being lately. They buffed Vulnerable, tested it, didn't like that Aimed Shot damage came up because of it, so they nerfed Aimed Shot as a result. If they actually have some issue with Pure DPS Hunters being 3rd in the rankings, they should have nerfed Marked Shot. As that is the biggest damage dealer in the AoE fights where they do well.

Sorry, have to call complete BS on that. At no time has Blizzard ever stated that, or anything remotely resembling that. Hunters are a pure DPS class, they are supposed to be at the top for damage, and they're not. It does not matter at what level you look at, from the max percentile, the middle or the bottom, Hunters are never the top class. And that'd be fine except for the fact that Shadow Priests, a non Pure DPS class, are at the top.

I like to use the 60th percentile as a baseline. It's where good, but not world first players, will perform at on average. Hunters are in 3rd, behind S Priests and Fire Mages. What about coming in 3rd justifies nerfing their damage at all? And what justifies performing that nerf via the one area they perform worst in, single target damage? Don't worry about answering, those questions are rhetorical. Because neither of those cases justifies any nerf at all. And the fact that single target damage is the one place they fall short means their single target damage needs a buff not a nerf.

The only explanation for this nerf is due to the buff to Vulnerable. But as no actual player will use a talent build that benefits from that buff, it exposes the devs at Blizz for really being as clueless as people accuse them of being lately. They buffed Vulnerable, tested it, didn't like that Aimed Shot damage came up because of it, so they nerfed Aimed Shot as a result. If they actually have some issue with Pure DPS Hunters being 3rd in the rankings, they should have nerfed Marked Shot. As that is the biggest damage dealer in the AoE fights where they do well.
    There is no such thing as "pures should do more damage than hybrids". That died a while ago. Second about hunters coming in third behind S Priest and Fire mages, you did see that they were both nerfed as well.... so they are bringing the top three more inline with everyone else. Lastly, there is a post by blizzard stating they don't want to eliminate weaknesses (ie MM Single target) and instead want to focus on what a spec excels at (ie MM multi target/cleave).

Whether you or I agree with that is moot, that is what Blizzards current philosophy is.

Actually they have said so in pretty much every interview in the last year, one example being the last time that shadow priests were brought up and they said they're fine with specs being strong in different niches, specifically mentioning that it's fine for shadow to have lackluster AoE and burst capabilities to make up for their multidotting potency. Another one being when talking about mages and warlocks and how they'd like to keep mobility with mages and survivability with warlocks this time instead of making up for each of the classes' weaknesses as they've done in the past expansions. If you just go through the last few pages of MMOC-news (CTRL+F is your friend), you'll find the transcripts without any problems.

Aside from that, you're completely delusional thinking that a) pure DPS "are supposed to be at the top for damage" no matter what and b) hunter currently isn't a top DPS. The former hasn't been the case for years and the latter is simply not true in the current raid tier if you look at any evidence available whatsoever.

You seem to be missing that there are 24 DPS specs currently in the game so being the third best means you're waaaaaaay above average. You also seem to be missing that there's a significant gap between the top 3 and the following DPS specs (using your own data, there's a jump of 3 points) which suggests those three specs are actually overpowered and not just at the top because some specs have to be at the top by definition.

Overall, you're a perfect example for an extremely biased player that cannot look at stats rationally.
    Last edited by GT4; 2016-10-20 at 01:35 AM.

which... doesnt make much sense, because both barrage and sidewinders are TALENTS, not baseline spells, so you are even more forced to pick those two instead of having a choice. if they really wanted spread cleave a niche, they should give atleast barrage as a baseline spell. not to mention fights like ilgynoth arent gonna be common and MM will suffer from it when the raid encounters dont perfectly suit their niche